I purchased the license server. How can I install and configure the license server?
Allplan is using since version 2016 a new protection system. Licensing is based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG since then. You can no longer use NemSLock Server with Allplan 2016 and higher.
Allplan requires a Product Key. Using this key, you can activate your license online. The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
Note: The license is downwards compatible til version Allplan 2016-1-4 even if a higher version is displayed.
To install the license server, download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect
or from our FTP server:
The Wibu license server is part of the CodeMeter driver, which is installed along with Allplan. If you have already installed Allplan on the license server, you do not have to install additional software. But you can also install the license server separately; you do not have to install Allplan.
In any case, install and activate the license server before you install Allplan on the clients.
You can activate a license in online mode only if you have ...
- Internet access
- a Product Key
- a license server license; you cannot use other licenses with the license server.
Installing the license server
- You must install the license server on a 64-bit Windows system.
- Start License Server Setup on the computer you want to use as the license server.
- Click Install.
- Start the license server by starting the License Settings program. Go to the License activation area, enter your Product Key and click Activate license.
- If you have more licenses for the license server, enter the respective Product Keys and activate the licenses.
- Afterwards, start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen: enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdmin at bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
- Select Configuration -> Server -> Access server in the Network server area and click Activate.
- Click Apply.
Configuring the license server (optional)
You can use the CodeMeter WebAdmin application to administer the license server.
To start and stop the license server service, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Start or Stop CodeMeter Service
By default, all users on the LAN, who have installed the CodeMeter driver, can use a license from the license server.
- Basic access control: you can enter a list of client computer names or IP addresses that are allowed to access the license server.
- Advanced access control: you can specify global access rules (for all licenses) to control access to the licenses.
To activate license tracking, you have to set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion\LogLicenseTracking registry entry to 1 and restart CodeMeter Service.
After having activated this key, you can use CodeMeter WebAdmin to create a report showing details about the licenses used over a specific period of time. To do this, open CodeMeter WebAdmin and go to the 'Server' - 'License Tracking' page. Select the period of time and the license for which you want to generate a report. Then click 'Create report'. If you click a single bar, you will get detailed analyses per day or per hour.
CodeMeter WebAdmin saves the reports to C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\Logs.
Installing and configuring clients
Note for Version 2016: Install at least Allplan 2016-1-4 on the clients.
The license server license will be detected automatically on the network.
Install Allplan on the clients. When you are prompted to select the license file, click Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
- You do not need to activatethe clients.
Allplan automatically finds the license server on the local network. If you have not selected a license, Allplan automatically selects the first available license.
After having installed Allplan on the clients, you can use the 'License Settings' dialog boxto configure license selection.
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- License activation: this area is not relevant to clients taking their license from the license server.
- License selection: use this section if you get the license from a license server or if you have several licenses and you want to select the preferred license.
- Start as a viewer: click this button if you want to start Allplan as a viewer.
You can see the names of the available licenses with their seat numbers.
The 'Available' column indicates how many licenses are still available. Click the dropdown arrow to see a list of users currently working with a license.
Select the check box in front of a license to select this license as a favorite. You can mark as many licenses as you want. Allplan will then prefer these licenses. Click to select one ore more licenses Allplan is not to use. If you do not select any license or if you have selected several favorites, Allplan will automatically use the first free license it finds.
Find license server automatically:
When you select this option, Allplan automatically detects a license server on the LAN. In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan may not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually (see Additional server name).
Note: Only the Windows administrator can change this option.
Additional server name:
If 'Find license server automatically' is not active or Allplan has not automatically found a license server, you can manually enter the name or the IP address of the server. If 'Find license server automatically' is active, you can enter an additional server. After having entered the server name, click 'Update' to see the licenses of the license server. Use semicolons to separate several server names.
You can find detailed information on the license server in the License Settings help (F1 key).
Allplan communicates with the license server via TCP/IP. By default, communication is via Port 22350 unless you change the port in CodeMeter WebAdmin.
If a firewall is active on your computer, you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP. If the firewall filters in an application-specific manner, you have to enable the CodeMeter.exe license server service. You can find this service in the %Program Files (x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin Windows folder. Define the CodeMeter.exe service as an exception in the firewall. Some anti-virus programs also include firewall functions. If you are not sure, contact the manufacturer of the anti-virus program.
- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Large_coordinates.pdf
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
How can I permanently change the path settings presented for selection in specific tools (save, import)?
When you save, import and export elements or files, Allplan automatically proposes a specific folder where the data is saved or taken from.
You can specify which Allplan file type is saved in which folder. These folders are automatically presented in the "Save" dialog box of the relevant file type. However, you can change them at any time.
To set this proposed folder on an individual basis, do the following:
Select the Tools menu ->Options... -> Desktop environment(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options... -> Global Options-> "Settings"tab).
You can click thePAah setting sbutton to the right of Folders for savingto define defaults. You can choose Project, Private, Custom or Last for the path setting:
- Project: the file type is saved in the current project (not available for NDW and NPL files).
- Private: the file type is saved in the user's private project.
- Custom: you can specify any folder for the file type. To select the folder, click the path displayed in the Folder column and enter a new path or click ... in the Browse column and select the path in a dialog box.
- Last: the file type is saved in the path you selected last.
Does Allplan create backup files (*.bak)?
How can I use these files?
Allplan creates backup files when you do the following:
- Copy, Move Elements between Documents …
Allplan creates a backup file of the destination drawing file or layout.
- Deleting drawing files and layoutsin the "Open on a project-specific basis" dialog box
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file or layout.
- Importing data to drawing files
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Using_bak_files.pdf
Note on points 2 and 3:
To select the "Create backup copies of drawing files" option, click
Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Save/load area (until V2009 Global Options -> Miscellaneous -> Autosave, Backup)->Create backup copies of drawing files.
If need be, you can restore the original drawing file or layout.
Make a note of the drawing file number or layout number and determine the corresponding project folder as follows:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro
Open this folder in Windows Explorer.
Rename the corresponding drawing file "tb000001.ndw" "tb000001.ndw.old" or the corresponding layout "pb000001.000" "pb000001.000.old.", for example.
Delete the bak extension from the corresponding bak file.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to drawing file 4711.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file tb004711.ndw or rename it tb004711.ndw.old.
3rd step: find file tb004711.ndw.bak and rename it tb004711.ndw.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to layout 815.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file pb000815.000 or rename it pb000815.000.old.
3rd step: find file pb000815.000.bak and rename it pb000815.000.
These backup files can considerably increase the volume of data to be backed up. So it is a good idea to delete the .bak files you no longer require before you start backing up data. To delete the .bak files, you can select the Services application and click Utilities -> Delete temporary files.
You can also find this information in the help for Allplan. Please refer to the topic "Using bak files".
How can Allplan be operated under a QHD / UHD / 4K resolution?
Starting with Allplan 2018, a query will appear in the Allplan Start under a QHD / UHD / 4K resolution (from 2560 x 1600), in which you can decide whether the operating system scaling should also be used in Allplan. This choice can be changed at any time in the Allplan Options-> Desktop Enviroment- > Display-> Scaling of the user interface.
If this option is switched on, Allplan uses the scaling level, which is set globally in the display settings of the operating system. Side effects of this scaling can be slight blurring in the symbols, drawing elements, and dropped graphics in Allplan.
Please note that this functionality is only available from Windows 8.1 and higher.
Several users require Allplan administrator privileges in an installation with Workgroup Manager.
There are normal users and Allplan administrators in Allplan installations with Workgroup Manager.
Allplan administrators are:
- Windows users with any login name who are granted administrative rights in the Workgroup Manager administration.
In other words, a Windows user with Windows administrator privileges does not necessarily have to be an Allplan administrator at the same time.
We do not recommend that several users work with Allplan administrator privileges at the same time, making it difficult to manage and protect the office standard, that is, the global settings. See solution 1.
However, if it is essential that several users are Allplan administrators, see solution 2.
There is one Allplan administrator and normal Allplan users.
As the owner of a project has advanced rights in this project, you can define a user as the owner in a project and set the required resources to 'project'.
File -> New Project, Open Project... -> right-click the project you need -> Properties ... -> Path settings
Set the required resources to project.
You can also make these settings when you create a project or in ProjectPilot.
In addition to the Allplan administrator, another user (the owner of the project) can now define settings in the project.
- There are two standards for the definitions set to project: office and project.
- It is only the Allplan administrator who can make changes in the office standard.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Several_users_with_Allplan_administrator_priv...
Windows users with any login name are set up as Allplan administrators.
First, set up the Windows user as an Allplan user.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click->Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
Grant the administration privilege to the "user group":
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign the administration privilege to existing users.
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview, respectively.