- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Large_coordinates.pdf
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
How can I permanently change the path settings presented for selection in specific tools (save, import)?
When you save, import and export elements or files, Allplan automatically proposes a specific folder where the data is saved or taken from.
You can specify which Allplan file type is saved in which folder. These folders are automatically presented in the "Save" dialog box of the relevant file type. However, you can change them at any time.
To set this proposed folder on an individual basis, do the following:
Select the Tools menu ->Options... -> Desktop environment(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options... -> Global Options-> "Settings"tab).
You can click thePAah setting sbutton to the right of Folders for savingto define defaults. You can choose Project, Private, Custom or Last for the path setting:
- Project: the file type is saved in the current project (not available for NDW and NPL files).
- Private: the file type is saved in the user's private project.
- Custom: you can specify any folder for the file type. To select the folder, click the path displayed in the Folder column and enter a new path or click ... in the Browse column and select the path in a dialog box.
- Last: the file type is saved in the path you selected last.
Internet connection exists on your computer and the settings used for the proxy for the URLs you have set also. You try to activate your license with your product key, but the activation could not be performed. You get the message ' server not found error'. How can the license be activated yet?
The following description is valid for single user license as also license server licenses.
Try to activate the licenses on the computer/server via the following website online.
This Web site must be launched directly on the computer on which the license should be enabled.
In the row "Ticket", enter your Product Key and click continue your license will be displayed, click on activate license now.
Note: (only for license server license)
A selection appears asking for the binding of licenses.
Select firm code 6000100 on the right hand side.
'I want my licenses on one computer (CmActLicense). Firm code: 6000100 CmContainer ALLPLAN CM6 (2000)'
Sometimes multiple rows for the same license will be displayed (E.g. license number and a -u behind it) please leave all licenses checked and click on Activate selected licenses now.
The transfer of the license starts now. When activation is finished your license on this page should now appear with status activated.
If the problems with license activation occurred during the installation of ALLPLAN, cancel to exit Setup and restart the installation of ALLPLAN again. Then select in the Setup license configuration use active license now and the installation can continue.
Then open the license setting over services -> utilities-> license settings.
Or license server via License Settings.
Click on the left side on license selection. Now the license is displayed under the computer name.
This Web site must be launched directly on the computer on which the license should be enabled.
In the row "Ticket", enter your Product Key and click continue your license will be displayed, click on re-host license now.
Sometimes multiple rows for the same license will be displayed (E.g. license number and a -u behind it) please leave all licenses checked and click on Re-host selected licenses now.
The transfer of the license starts now.
- Sometimes the license is not displayed under license activation, because it has been enabled via the website.
- If you want to remove the licenses, you must do so via the website again.
How can I set up Allplan Share? What are the requirements?
1)System requirementsfor Allplan Share
Allplan Version 2018 or higher
Network infrastructure required
A 20-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
At least a 50-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
You have two options to buy the Allplan Share option.
1. You can visit the Allplan Shop at ‘shop.allplan.com’.
Allplan Options -> Allplan Share
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Share option to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Share option.
After you have bought the Allplan Share option, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using ‘My Account’ - ‘Subscriptions and Users’.
2. You can contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3) Assigning licenses
Regardless of how you buy the Allplan Share option, you can manage the Allplan Share licenses in the Allplan Shop. Go to the ‘Subscriptions and Users’ area. As an alternative, you can also manage the licenses on the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the ‘Team members’ area.
Allplan Shop - ‘Subscriptions and Users’
1. Log in to the Allplan Shop and open ‘My Account’.
2. Click ‘Subscriptions and Users’ to see your licenses.
3. Select the Allplan Share option on the tab.
4. You can assign one or more Allplan Share licenses to team members. To do this, select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign a license, click ‘Invite new Bimplus team member’, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
As soon as the new team member has accepted the invitation, you can find this person in the list.
4) Using Allplan Share
To use the Allplan Share option, you require Allplan 2018. The Workgroup Manager option is not necessary.
Starting a project
You have three options to start an Allplan Share project:
1. You can create a new project and save it on Bimplus by setting the location to BIMPLUS. To create a Bimplus project with Allplan Share content, you require ‘Bimplus team owner’ or ‘Bimplus team admin’ privileges.
2. You can copy an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Copy to’. You can then share this project with other project partners. This does not affect the source project.
3. You can move an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Move to’. This moves the source project to Bimplus. As a result, this project is no longer available on the local computer or local network.
5) Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Share is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, Allplan Share uses the Bimplus user management for project collaboration. As a result, Allplan Share is independent of local user management systems like Workgroup Manager.
After you have copied or moved an existing Allplan project to Bimplus, you must reassign the users to this project. Otherwise, they cannot access this project.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. In addition, you must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members are to use the Allplan Share option too, you must assign an Allplan Share license to each member in advance (as described in ‘3) Assigning licenses’).
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Allplan_Share.pdf
How can I temporarily borrow a license for a client from the license server?
To borrow a license, do the following:
You cannot borrow licenses on the license server. You can do this only at the clients.
You can only borrow and return a license if the client is connected with the license server.
Computers that are not on the company network must use a VPN connection to access the server.
At the client:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings.
- Click License selectionon the left. Then click the license you want to borrow so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- If this license is a license server license, the Todayand Borrowbuttons in the 'Borrow license for:' area are no longer grayed out.
- The Todaybutton always shows the preset period of time. The default setting is Today. If you want to change the period of time, click the Todaybutton. You can then choose from various options.
Note: When you select 'Today', the license will be available again for all Allplan users on the server tomorrow.
When you select a number of days, borrowing will always be valid for 24 hours. For example, you borrow a license for 1 day and borrowing starts at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the license will not be available on the server until 3 o'clock in the afternoon. The same applies to selecting days on the calendar.
- After having specified the correct period, click Borrowto borrow the license at once.
You can immediately see the borrowed license in the license selection below your computer name. Click the green information button to get details about this license. For example, you can see when the borrowed license will automatically be returned to the server.
- If you want to return the license to the server before the time period expires, click the license again so that it is highlighted in blue. The Return licensebutton is now available. Click Return licenseto immediately return the selected license to the server.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_License_server_-_borrowing_licenses_temporari...
How can I install a hotfix?
Allplan automatically downloads hotfixes and installs them the next time you start Allplan.
To define settings in Allplan, open the ? menu and select Update Allplan.
Click the Find now button to find updates and install them the next time you start Allplan.
1. Downloading hotfixes manually
You can also download hotfixes manually.
Open our homepage
(http://www.connect.allplan.com) and select
The current hotfix and previous hotfixes are available for download.
Before you can download data, you must log in to Allplan Connect
2. Installing hotfixes downloaded manually
You can install the hotfixes downloaded by double-clicking the file. Make sure both Allplan and the Services application are closed.
Hotfixes are installed one after the other in the correct order. In other words, you must download and install Hotfix 2014-1-1 before you can install Hotfix 2014-1-2.
3. Working with Workgroup Manager
If you work with Workgroup Manager and another user has already downloaded the hotfix, you can see the following message:
There are currently no updates available.
In tis case, the hotfix is in the Downloadfolder on the server. In Allplan select ?-> Update Allplan. Choose one of the following options to install the hotfix the next time you start Allplan:
- Install updates automatically-> the next time you start Allplan, the program will install the hotfix without asking you again.
- Download updates, install manually (recommended)-> the next time you start Allplan, a dialog box opens and you can decide whether you want to install the hotfix.
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Installing_hotfixes.pdf
The default setting is
'Download updates, install manually (recommended)'.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Switching_from_single_installation_to_network...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
After I have installed Allplan, the program no longer accepts the parallel dongle connected to the computer. Allplan starts as a viewer.
What can I do?
The dongle query changed with Allplan 2013. The dongles causing these problems are usually parallel dongles that are connected to a port (LPT3) that was added later.
Determine the I/O range of the LPT port:
Open the Control Panel and then the Device Manager.
- Select "Ports -> ECP Printer Port" for a direct parallel port.
- Select "Multifunction adapter" and the corresponding port for a parallel adapter (e.g., SUNIX).
Properties -> Resources
Note down the first value in the first line below resource settings.
|I/O range||0378 – 037F|
|I/O range||0778 – 077F|
Download PDF FAQ_EN_Parallel_dongle_is_no_longer_accepted_after_i...
In this example, the value is 0378.
Open Allplan's license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Settings
License check tab -> Specify searching order ... (or environment variable...)
Enter theI/O value followed by a "p"in the "HL_SEARCH=..." box. For example,
Click "OK" and then "Apply".
How can I give individual users the right to see and select specific seats on the license server? And how can I deny users this right?
Sometimes, it may be necessary that a specific user does not see the seat with, for example, the terrain option so that this user cannot use this seat inadvertently.
Using WebAdmin, you can give users rights for specific seats on the license server.
Please note the following points:
1. Before you start, check that at least CodeMeter Version 6.50 is installed on the license server.
Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen. Enter Codemeter and press ENTER. Select Help -> About to see which version of CodeMeter is installed. If the version displayed is older than version 6.50, you must install the latest version of CodeMeter Control Center. Go to the following website
and download the CodeMeter User Runtime for Windowsprogram.
2. Open WebAdmin. Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server again.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen, enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdminat bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
3. Go to "Configuration -> Server -> License Access Permissions".
Select Mode: Advanced.
4. Go to "Advanced Mode Configuration -> Specific access rules -> Add Firm Code"and select "6000100 - Allplan GmbH". Click Add. "Specific access rules"now inlcude "6000100 - Allplan GmbH".
5. Click "Add Product Code"to select the seat for which you want to define access rights. However, this is only possible if the "Distinction based on Product Item Text" check box is selected.
The "Note" section below in this FAQ lists the abbreviations given at the end of each seat. These abbreviations represent the license contents.
Select the required seat and click "Add" again. Repeat these steps to assign more seats.
6. After having defined the product code, you can now assign an access rule.
By default, all users are allowedto access this seat.
Select the product code you just defined and click "Add new access rule".
Click "User" and enter the required user.
When you click in the field next to "User", you can see all available users with their domain names.
Select the user or enter the user manually. For example, enter DOMAINNAME\SSample and select the right you want to assign to this user by clicking "Allow" or "Deny".
If the default setting is "Allow", you can thus deny users access to the license. If the default setting is "Deny", you can thus allow users to access the license again.
You can add more rules. When you have configured all rules, click "Apply" to apply the changes.
7. You need to restart CodeMeter Service so that the changes take effect.
To do this, select CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Stop CodeMeterServiceand then click Restart CodeMeter Service.Before you restart the service, make sure all users have closed Allplan.
Client access can be defined by one of the following parameters: computer name, IPv4 subnet, user name or group name.
Enter the required parameter in the corresponding field. If you use an active directory, the program auto-completes entries in the "User" and "Group" fields.
Here comes a practical example:
Think about which setting is most useful to you. For example, you have two seats: seat 01 with 7 architecture licenses and seat 02 with 1 architecture license and 1 terrain license. Only two specific users should be able to use seat 02. If you want to deny all other users access to seat 02, you need to add seat 02 to specific access rules and define a rule for this seat 02. First, set the default setting to "Deny". Then, add these two users and select or "Allow" for these users. As a result, all other users can only see seat 01 and these two users can see seats 01 and 02.
However, if you want that these two users can only see seat 02, you need to add both seats to specific access rules and define a second rule for seat 01. Add these two users to this second role and select Deny for these two users. The default setting, which applies to all the other users, is still Allow. As a result, all other users can see seat 01 and these two users can only see seat 02.
The following abbreviations are used:
K Key Plan
M Bridge Modeler
L Cadastral plans for conduits
S Language option
A Architecture option
E Engineering option
Here are some examples:
"Allplan Architecture 2017”
Architecture + Terrain
"Allplan Architecture 2017 T"
Architecture + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 M"
Architecture + Terrain + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 TM"
How can I speed up installation and the process of opening dialog boxes in Allplan?
Change a setting on the Control Panel:
Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> (Advanced tab) -> Settings -> Security -> Check for publisher's certificate revocation -> clear this check box -> OK
Allplan is certified for Microsoft Windows 7 and has the "Compatible with Windows 7" logo. This certificate guarantees higher security and reliability but requires special programming such as signing DLLs.
When these components are accessed, the program checks whether the publisher's certificate is still valid.
This requires that the relevant computer is connected to the Internet. If this is not so, you can switch this option off.
This boosts performance.