Allplan 2023 doesn't support rx 6600m

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a laptop but sadly that allplan doesn't support It's graphics card. I tried Vulkan setting but Allplan runs slowly and cannot do anything.
Do you have solution for me? I try to reset window, update new driver of AMD but it didn't work.

* Update :

I've tried to reinstall windows with many versions ( win 10 21h1 , 21h2, win 11 21h1 21h2) and many drivers of AMD but It didn't work. Although, My laptop still good at gaming and benchmark software.

I've found a solution that was uninstall the AMD card in Divice Manager then wait 30s. After that open Allplan and the software would recognize OpenGL Rx 6600m.
But in the next time when I reset my computer I have to repeat this step again. That is a bug of AMD driver or Rx 6600m on laptop. Hope that AllPlan Develop Team will fix it in the future.

* Update 2023/06/16 :
After update patch 2023-1-2 the vulkan can run good.

Вложения (3)

Type: image/png
Загружено 119 раз
Size: 100,21 KiB
Загружено 77 раз
Size: 91,56 KiB
Загружено 65 раз
Size: 36,84 KiB

Show most helpful answer Hide most helpful answer

as graficcard test page listes the desktop Version of Radeon 6600 as Radeon Pro W 6600M as tested and certified Graficcard, maybe allplan is just using the slow onboard graficchip ?

For Version 2023 driver versions "22.Q3" are required not older, newer versions are not tested yet

maybe you can find a solution searching in google and replace the word laptop with your laptop model name

disable onboard graphics "laptop"

or this similar topic , but for nvidea helps
https://connect.allplan.com/forum/topics/topic/topics/cad-general/allplan-doesnt-recognizes-the-offboard-nvidia-gpu-if-you-has-a-second-screen-connected-to-a-laptop-powered-by-nvidia-optimus-with-partial-solution.html

Allplan Webentwicklung

Private messages must be private. No support request via Private message.

1 - 10 (14)

as graficcard test page listes the desktop Version of Radeon 6600 as Radeon Pro W 6600M as tested and certified Graficcard, maybe allplan is just using the slow onboard graficchip ?

For Version 2023 driver versions "22.Q3" are required not older, newer versions are not tested yet

maybe you can find a solution searching in google and replace the word laptop with your laptop model name

https://connect.allplan.com/forum/topics/topic/topics/cad-general/allplan-doesnt-recognizes-the-offboard-nvidia-gpu-if-you-has-a-second-screen-connected-to-a-laptop-powered-by-nvidia-optimus-with-partial-solution.html

Allplan Webentwicklung

Private messages must be private. No support request via Private message.

Цитируется из: jvelletti

I've tried to disable onboard graphics card. But Allplan still not reconize Opengl or vulkan.

Цитируется из: Duy_Hoa
Hi everyone,
I've just bought a laptop but sadly that allplan doesn't support It's graphics card. I tried Vulkan setting but Allplan runs slowly and cannot do anything. Do you have solution for me? I try to reset window, update new driver of AMD but it didn't work.

* Update :
I've tried to reinstall windows with many versions ( win 10 21h1 , 21h2, win 11 21h1 21h2) and many drivers of AMD but It didn't work. Although, My laptop still good at gaming and benchmark software.
I've found a solution that was uninstall the AMD card in Divice Manager then wait 30s. After that open Allplan and the software would recognize OpenGL Rx 6600m.
But in the next time when I reset my computer I have to repeat this step again. That is a bug of AMD driver or Rx 6600m on laptop. Hope that AllPlan Develop Team will fix it in the future.

Hello,

I think I have the same problem as you.
I bought this computer with the AMD RX 6600M graphics card.

With ALLPLAN, when I put "Vulkan AMD Raedon RX 6600 M" in "Acceleration for graphics window" my pointer is jerky (see video).

I can use ALLPLAN with "NONE GDI" but the details in the 3D visualization are really bad.

I tried uninstalling the graphics card in Divice Manager but it doesn't work, it doesn't show me like you "Open GL AMD Raedon RX 6600 M" in ALLPLAN.

Can you tell me how you did it exactly?

Thanks for your help.

Julien

Цитируется из: Duy_Hoa
Hi everyone,
I've just bought a laptop but sadly that allplan doesn't support It's graphics card. I tried Vulkan setting but Allplan runs slowly and cannot do anything. Do you have solution for me? I try to reset window, update new driver of AMD but it didn't work.

* Update :

Sorry, I can't post a longer video.

Вложения (2)

Type: video/mp4
Загружено 413 раз
Size: 3,28 MiB
Загружено 54 раз
Size: 466,37 KiB

1 . I uninstall AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics .
2. Scan for hardware changes.
3. Open Allplan 2023 and choise OpenGL.

It only works on version 2023, I tried on 2022 but it didn't work.

Вложения (2)

Загружено 44 раз
Size: 64,96 KiB
Загружено 32 раз
Size: 43,80 KiB

thank you very much, it works

Цитируется из: ju86170
thank you very much, it works

Vulkan setting runs better than OpenGL.
I tested on OpenGL and find that 3d model doesn't show exactly or missing some elements.

Цитируется из: ChippyCat

Quote by ju86170thank you very much, it works
Vulkan setting runs better than OpenGL. I tested on OpenGL and find that 3d model doesn't show exactly or missing some elements.

Indeed, I notice that with OpenGL, ALLPLAN often hangs and crashes.
With Vulkan, I can't use ALLPLAN because the pointer jumps, it lags...
I no longer know what to do to use ALLPLAN

Цитируется из: ChippyCat

Quote by ju86170thank you very much, it works
Vulkan setting runs better than OpenGL. I tested on OpenGL and find that 3d model doesn't show exactly or missing some elements.

Do you know if it is possible to configure Vulkan with ALLPLAN without it being jerky? (see video in previous posts)

Thanks for your help

1 - 10 (14)

https://campus.allplan.com/ uses cookies  -  More information

Accept