[Вопрос] Work efficiency in Allplan 2014

Dear all,

I am user of Allplan 2014, I have found it difficult for the software to work smoothly after importing 3D models from for example Prosteel. It means that to prepare column reinforcement and form drawing I have imported a 3D model of a solid column to not creat it from the begging in Allplan. Model contains some bolts and steel plates which are relevant for me to see them in order to avoid further collisions. While drawing only one layer with one column is active so there are not to many objects in the workspace, the column's height is about 20m with many consoles which requires to create many cross sections and views, the problem occurs when I start to modify something it takes about 10s for my PC to process it (filling graphic's memory). Could you tell me please if there is some way to preprocess file that im importing to make it lighter for Allplan or maybe there is some option inside the software? If my description is not clear for you, please ask for more details, I will try to explain it better.

PC Specification:
i5 4cores 3.2Ghz
RAM 8GB
NVIDIA Quadro K2000 4095MB

Dear Jakub7410,

There is maybe few way to work mor efficiency.

First of all you can split your model per level/object type.

Than you will have some columns in one drawing and some other in an other one. You can do the same as well for the beam if you have and for the wall too.

Another point is you special component like (bolts and steel plate), if there are realy detailled, than this is maybe the reason why it's heavy.

If you don't have a lot of type, you can try to create some smartsymbol to exchange your component. Than the result will be less heavy and more flexible.

In my opinion, component mustn't have real volume (rounded for example). And by using the bulding structure, you can just select the object you need.

It will be also slowly if you use legend/associative view for the general model. You can use these tool localy (on each drawing file) but for the entire model, you can use the 2D view calculation.

It will be interrested to see/read what everybody do in this case!

Good Use!

Mr Judy GURAVADU
Responsable Technique Préfabrication & Ingénierie
Precast Sales & Support

Allplan France & Allplan Software Engineering

Depuis 2006

https://campus.allplan.com/ uses cookies  -  More information

Accept