Why can’t I see anything in a project or why are elements missing from drawing files?
Why are layers not visible?
Why is it not possible to select a privilege set in layer selection?
Probably, you have not yet been assigned any privilege sets or the layers are frozen in the privilege set in question. First, check whether you can select another privilege set.
1. Selecting another privilege set
To do this, select the project in question and open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Go to the “Privilege set in list box” area at the top on the right and check whether you can select another privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
By default, all layers have full access rights in the predefined ALLPLAN privilege set.
If there is no privilege set with full access rights, you should assign the privilege sets correctly.
This can only be done by a user with administrator privilegesor, in the case of a project-specific layer structure, by the project owner.
Thus, log on as a user with administrator privileges and do the following:
2. Assigning a privilege set
Select the project with the frozen layers.
Open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Switch to the "Privilege Set" tab and click Define, modify privilege set.
Select the relevant user and assign the privilege set using the arrows.
Click OKto confirm.
3. Adjusting layers’ access rights in the privilege set
Finally, check the access rights of the layers in the privilege set assigned.
Go to the "Privilege set in list box" area at the top on the right and select the relevant privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
Check the area on the left to see whether there are frozen layers (gray or white). To change this, select these layers or simply select all layers using CTRL+A. Then click the Full access right (modifiable)icon in the “Change rights” area.
Click OKto confirm.
The next time you open this project, you can select this privilege set in the layer settings. You can then see all layers and set them to modifiable.
Do the same with print sets.
Since version 2006, the administrator has been able to select Show all users all print sets and privilege setsin the “Administrator options” group on the “Privilege Set” tab (“Design group” in version 2006). Thus, you do not need to assign new users to privilege sets. This option applies to all projects.
However, as soon as a user has been given a privilege set or print set, this option no longer applies to this user.
As a project can have its own layer structure, it is essential that you check the privilege set in the correct project.
To find out whether a project has its own layer structure, click
File -> New Project, Open Project-> right-click the relevant project -> Properties. Check whether the path settings for Layerstructuresare set to Officeor Project.
How can I copy bar reinforcement including views and sections created with the tools in the "Associative Views" module if, for example, I want to use slab reinforcement for another floor?
I want to place the copied reinforcement and the views in new, separate drawing files and then adjust the reinforcement, keeping the layout of the copied sections. Only the changes in the copied reinforcement should automatically be added to the sections.
First, open ProjectPilot (File -> ProjectPilot) and copy the drawing files with the reinforcement and the drawing file with the associative views and sections to new drawing files. ProjectPilot asks you whether you want to copy the linked drawing files as well. Click No.
If there are views or sections containing only data you do not want to move (for example, only model data), select Create -> Engineering Views, Details -> Associative Views -> Add to Viewand add the data you want to move (for example, reinforcement) to these views or sections. You can remove the data later.
The copied drawing files still reference the original drawing files. The next step is to delete those references.
To do this, open the drawing files you just copied. Select Change -> Engineering Views, Details -> Associative Views -> Manage Reference Drawing Filesand remove the references to the source drawing files.
When you have removed all links to drawing files you do not want to move, select the new drawing files with the views and the reinforcement.
Select all data by pressing <CTRL>+A and move the data as you need.
You can move the data in the X, Y and Z directions in plan or define any spatial displacement in isometric view.
You can then add the associated model data to the views and adjust the reinforcement.
Once deleted, you cannot restore any references to drawing files. Therefore, make sure you delete the right references. Allplan deletes empty views or sections automatically.
Several users require Allplan administrator privileges in an installation with Workgroup Manager.
There are normal users and Allplan administrators in Allplan installations with Workgroup Manager.
Allplan administrators are:
- Windows users with any login name who are granted administrative rights in the Workgroup Manager administration.
In other words, a Windows user with Windows administrator privileges does not necessarily have to be an Allplan administrator at the same time.
We do not recommend that several users work with Allplan administrator privileges at the same time, making it difficult to manage and protect the office standard, that is, the global settings. See solution 1.
However, if it is essential that several users are Allplan administrators, see solution 2.
There is one Allplan administrator and normal Allplan users.
As the owner of a project has advanced rights in this project, you can define a user as the owner in a project and set the required resources to 'project'.
File -> New Project, Open Project... -> right-click the project you need -> Properties ... -> Path settings
Set the required resources to project.
You can also make these settings when you create a project or in ProjectPilot.
In addition to the Allplan administrator, another user (the owner of the project) can now define settings in the project.
- There are two standards for the definitions set to project: office and project.
- It is only the Allplan administrator who can make changes in the office standard.
Windows users with any login name are set up as Allplan administrators.
First, set up the Windows user as an Allplan user.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click->Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
Grant the administration privilege to the "user group":
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign the administration privilege to existing users.
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview, respectively.
Although the server is not connected with the Internet, I would like to activate the license with the Product Key for the license server. What can I do?
The easiest way to activate and return Allplan licenses is to do this online. In other words, the server has Internet access. However, you can also activate your license on a computer without Internet access (offline licensing).
Requirements for activating a license offline:
- You have a valid Product Key.
- The license server is installed on the server. At least license server 2016-1-5 is installed.
You can find detailed information on the version (Build-ID) at bottom on the left in the License Settings program.
- You have another computer with Internet access.
Important: Activating a license offline involves two steps. In addition, you need to upload a receipt file so that you can return the license offline later.
There are the following basic steps:
- Creating and uploading the license request file
- Downloading and importing the license update file
- Creating and uploading the receipt file
If you have several license server licenses, you need to do this for each license.
The online computer uses the following web page:
As both the license file and the receipt file are saved with the name of the container number by default, it may happen that you mix up these two files. Thus, we strongly recommend that you use meaningful names for the files. For example, include the word “license” in the name of the license file and “receipt” in the name of the receipt file.
This is particularly important if you want to activate several licenses offline.
Activating licenses offline
To activate licenses, use CodeMeter Control Center.
Start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. An an alternative, go to the Windows search box and type Codemeter.
Select the empty Allplan CM6container (long number starting with 130; gray symbol).
If the container is not available, save the file attached to the C:\Program Files\Allplan GmbH\License Settings folder. Then open this file using the shortcut menu. This imports the empty container to CodeMeter Control Center.
Select the new, empty Allplan CM6 container and click Activate licenseon the right. Select Create license request. Create a *.WibuCmRaC file for this container.
Take this file to a computer that is online. Go to the following web page:
Enter your Product Keyin the “Ticket” line and click Next. You can now see your license. Click Activate license.
Next, select the Fimcode 6000100area on the right.
You can see your license with all available updates. Make sure everything is selected. Click Offline License Transferat the bottom on the right.
You can now upload the *.WibuCmRaC file (Browse....) by clicking Upload license request now. This creates your license, which you can download by clicking Download license update file now. Install this license on your server.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Centerand click File -> Importlicense.
The activated license is now visible in the License settingsand can be used for the Allplan clients.
Finally, upload the receipt file.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Centeragain and select the new Allplan CM6 container (with the number 130-XXXXXXX).
Then click License update -> Next -> Create receipt.
Create the receipt file for this container.
Upload this receipt file using the web page.
Take this file to the computer that is online. Click Nexton the web page.
If you have already closed the web page, use the link given above and enter your Product Key once again. Then select Continue with license transfer.
Select the receipt file and click Upload receipt now.
Click OKto confirm. This completes license activation.
After you have activated the license on the server, proceed as described in “Installing and configuring the license server”. You can find this guide here:
Returning licenses offline
You can return licenses in the same way:
- Creating and uploading the license request file
- Downloading and importing the license update file
- Creating and uploading the receipt file
You get an error message at program start that the UID(xx) of the new user is greater than the current maximum UID(xx). How can you increase the maximum number?
By default, Allplan with Workgroupmanager can manage a maximum of 128 CAD users.
However, since version 2008, it has been possible to increase the number of Workgroupmanager users to up to 992 CAD users.
To do this, you need to create the file nemusers.cfg in the Net folder of Allplan's central file storage.
You can see the path of the central file storage in the Allmenu/Service Application window.
If the file with the name "nemusers.cfg" exist (the file type does not matter) already, then the value noted in the file is important.
In this case, check the entered value and increase it in 32 steps up to max. 992.
If the file does not exist, create this file, open it and enter a value in 32 steps e.g. 128, 160 or 192...
Allplan starts as a viewer. What can I do?
Do the following:
1. The Allplan license folder contains the servcfg.nse file.
Open this folder:
Services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> General program data (ETC, LIC) -> License.
Delete the servcfg.nse file from this folder.
2. Install the new, appropriate license, which you can find in the attached file. Save the license to a folder on your computer and install it as follows:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> Install HARDLOCK License
3. Check that the light indicator of the connected USB dongle (blue or white stick) is on all the time. To test it, you can connect the dongle to a different port.
4. Install the current hardlock driver if the light indicator is off.
You can find detailed instructions here:
5. Select the Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License settings -> Licenses.
Check if "Allplan FT" is displayed in the white window on the left. If this is so, Allplan has accepted the dongle.
If this is not so, send the logmes.nse file, info.001 file and the new servcfg.nse file (license folder) to email@example.com
How can I speed up installation and the process of opening dialog boxes in Allplan?
Change a setting on the Control Panel:
Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> (Advanced tab) -> Settings -> Security -> Check for publisher's certificate revocation -> clear this check box -> OK
Allplan is certified for Microsoft Windows 7 and has the "Compatible with Windows 7" logo. This certificate guarantees higher security and reliability but requires special programming such as signing DLLs.
When these components are accessed, the program checks whether the publisher's certificate is still valid.
This requires that the relevant computer is connected to the Internet. If this is not so, you can switch this option off.
This boosts performance.
How can I remove NemSLock completely from a computer?
Do the following:
- Uninstall Softlock 2006 by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
Select "Nemetschek SoftLock 2006" and then click "Uninstall/Change". Select "Remove" -> Next -> Yes.
- Extract the "NSLFixer2006.zip" file attached and copy it to any folder on your computer. If your email provider or firewall software has blocked this file, you can also download it from our webdrive. Use this link:
The tool "NSLFixer2006.exe" is under Allgemein/Nemslock
(click on the right hand side next to file size on the three dots and chose 'herunterladen')
- Start NSLFixer2006.exe by double-clicking it.
If you are running Windows Vista or a newer operating system, click the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator". Confirm the following message.
- Create the key by clicking "Generate/Enter a key" (1).
- Select the line to the right of "Generate/Enter a key" (2), "1F02E74917D3F6E7348C1F02E74917D35E2599A254864A233C549A25ADD2EDFD", for example, and press "Ctrl+C". Paste this key into an email and send it to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- We will send you another key. Please copy this key to the second line (3). If you need to restart the program, paste the key you created into the first line (see step 3, do not click "Generate/Enter a key" again!). Then click "Validate twin key" (4). After you have done this, you should see the following message: "System cleaned. Reinstall NemSLock".
- Update your current Allplan version. Use the temporary license file ("psd" can be found in its file name). You can also find your current temporary licenses at www.connect.allplan.com. Go to "Profile -> License administration".
Students should use the Allplan Setup program which they can download from Allplan Campus (http://www.allplan-campus.com -> log on -> select "Software" at the top -> download Allplan). Use the trial license provided by Setup.
After this, request a new license by sending a new registration request (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
If you work with a license server, reconnect the client with the server.
How to install and run NemSLock Server?
Before installing, check whether the package you received includes the following items:
- Temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv
- Temporary licenses for clients, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd_client.nslock
How to install NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock Server. These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. You can also install the console on more workstations so that you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
If you have several temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, use the server console to install the remaining licenses after the installation. The procedure is described in the section "How to install licenses".
How to register licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console by clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
- Click the "Registration request (register.txt)" button.
- Click "Edit".
- You must fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request". Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file. If this window is closed, you can find this file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License
- Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet access on the network. Alternatively, you can also use an USB stick. You can then email this file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to email@example.com
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
How to set up users (optional)
- predefined user ALLis created automatically. If there is no other user, each user is given the privileges of the user ALL. By default, this user can use all licenses but cannot check out any licenses. By double-clicking the user, you can change the user's privileges.
- predefined user ALLallows all users to use licenses. In order to do this, the users must be able to access the server. You do not need to create individual user profiles until you want to assign specific rights to individual users or limit access to selected users. predefined user ALL. If you want to work only with individual users, you should deactivate the predefined user ALL by revoking the user's right to use licenses.
- predefined user ALL has administrator privileges unless another user is created and appointed as the administrator. As soon as you have appointed an administrator, ALL no longer has administrator privileges.
- You can enter users in the “Users.mcf” file. predefined user ALL has administrator privileges again. In addition, each user can once again administer the license server using the console.
- The administrator user is not a special user. If there are several administrator users, only one administrator user can start the console for this license server at any one time.
- If you are setting up users without giving administrator privileges to anyone, the program will ask you whether you want to appoint yourself as the administrator.
You can also specify a domain (user authentication for Windows server). However, this is not mandatory. If you do not specify a domain, the program uses the Windows user name for each user.
The program writes the user accounts and the associated access rights as ASCII text to the users.mcf file.
You can find this file in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation. You cannot rename, delete or move this file. If the program can no longer connect to this file, you must exit NemSLock Server, restart it and enter all users again from scratch. predefined user ALLis retained.
Experienced administrators can use the PowerShell script NemGenUsers.ps1. This file is in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation or you can find it as an FAQ in Allplan Connect:
How to install and configure clients
- Use one of the nslock license files you received to install the clients. Do not use the trial license or the license server license. It is irrelevant which of the client licenses you use, as the actual license will come from the license server later.
- You do not need to register the clients.
- When switching from Hardlock to NemSLock (server), you need to update the client using a nslock license file.
After having installed the client, you need to switch to the license server:
- Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
- If the license server window is not visible, select "Configure NemSLock Server" at the bottom. Lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
What are the advantages of the new licensing method?
- Better protection; easier to use (for example, when you want to transfer the license to a different computer).
What is the Product Key?
- The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
How do I get my Product Key(s)?
- If you are the administrator of your company, you can find your Product Key at https://connect.allplan.com/licence. If you are a new customer, you will receive an additional email with your Product Key. For more information, go tohttps://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618130717.html
How do I transfer my activated license to a different computer or to a new computer?
- Before you can transfer the license to a different computer, you first have to return the license on the computer where you originally activated it. Then you can enter the Product Key on a different computer, activating the license there. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
How do install Allplan or activate my license on a computer without Internet access?
- The easiest way to activate and return Allplan licenses is to do this online. In other words, the computer has Internet access. However, you can also activate Allplan on a computer without Internet access. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131413.html
How can I update a license (for example, after I have purchased an additional option)?
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box. Go to the 'License activation' area and click the license you want to update. Then click 'Update license'. For more information, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618142528.html
Can I still use hardlocks?
- No, you can't. Allplan 2016 no longer supports hardlocks.
How do I install Allplan as a trial version?
- Download Allplan 2016 from Allplan Connect. You will receive the Product Key for the trial version by email.