How can I fix bugs in Microsoft .NET Framework components?
This is a Windows problem. The procedure described is not supported by Allplan. You do this at your own risk.
If you are not sure, give these instructions to your system administrator.
Online repairing of .NET Framework up to and including version 4.8
Open the support site of Microsoft:
Microsoft provides a repair tool for fixing .NET Framework up to and including version 4.8.
Download the “NetFxRepairTool.exe” file and save it to any folder on the hard drive of your computer; for example, C:\Repair_NetFramework.
Run the repair tool by right-clicking the “NetFxRepairTool.exe” file and selecting “Run as administrator” on the shortcut menu. By doing this, you can bypass Windows User Account Control.
Click “Yes” at the following prompts.
Follow the instructions of the repair tool.
After the repair routine is complete, a log shows you whether fixing .NET Framework has been successful.
Offline repairing of .NET Framework up to and including version 4.8
Download the “NetFxRepairTool.exe” file from
In addition, download the necessary resources for fixing .NET Framework.
You can download these files from the support site of Microsoft; go to "Offline support".
Download the two files and save them to any new folder on the hard drive of your computer; for example, C:\Repair_NetFramework.
Open the Command Prompt window as an administrator.
Enter the following commands one after another. Confirm each command by selecting Enter.
cd Repair_NetFramework [Enter]
NetfxRepairTool.exe /addsource C:\Repair_NetFramework [Enter]
The tool repairs .NET Framework.
After the repair routine is complete, a log shows you whether fixing .NET Framework has been successful.
If this does not repair .NET Framework on your computer, try the .NET Framework cleanup tool on the support site of Microsoft.
Download the .NET Framework cleanup tool from
After running the .NET Framework cleanup tool, you must reinstall the .NET Framework components removed by the cleanup tool.
I can neither check in nor check out the computer.
When I try to check in the computer, the following error message appears: “The registry entries are not correct!” How can I correct this error?
There is a hidden file on the server. This file causes the problem, which is probably related to user rights or user account control.
You have to change the settings directly on the server, that is so say, you have to use the folder options to show all hidden folders and files.
1. Open the central file storage folder on the server. There is a subordinate folder called
NET. This folder contains the computer_name.out file. Here, computer_name is the name of the computer that is checked out.
Delete this file.
2. Open the shared folder (for example, C:\Nemdata\Allplan) on the computer that is checked out.
Allplan 2015 and earlier: Delete the Net.ChkOutfolder.
Allplan 2016 and later: Delete the NETfolder.
Now the computer is checked in again. Consequently, you can move projects to this computer
or check it out once more.
If the computer or the projects are still red, you have to fix the projects.
To fix the projects:
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administer projects and computers
Do the following:
Ctrl + right-click computer-> can be checked in
Ctrl + right-click project-> can be unlocked
Repeat this step to unlock every project on the computer.
When you have finished, close the dialog box and open it again to update it.
Now everything should be correct.
I want to run Allplan on a terminal server. Can I use any other terminal server than Citrix?
Microsoft terminal server or Horizon is not approved for Allplan.
In addition, running Allplan on a terminal server requires an Allplan license server for managing the Allplan licenses.
If you have only used stand-alone licenses until now, you must purchase the additional ‘license server’ option. Should you have any questions, please contact your sales partner.
VM Ware (Horizon) or RDP is not approved for Allplan. This means that you do not get any support for this constellation.
You may not have any problems with the current Allplan version. However, future developments will not take RDP or VM Ware into account. Consequently, this functionality may be limited or not available at all in future Allplan versions.
Citrix is the only terminal server that is approved for Allplan.
You can find information at
How can I set up Allplan Share? What are the requirements?
1)System requirementsfor Allplan Share
Allplan Version 2018 or higher
Network infrastructure required
A 20-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
At least a 50-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
You have two options to buy the Allplan Share option.
1. You can visit the Allplan Shop at ‘shop.allplan.com’.
Allplan Options -> Allplan Share
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Share option to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Share option.
After you have bought the Allplan Share option, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using ‘My Account’ - ‘Subscriptions and Users’.
2. You can contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3) Assigning licenses
Regardless of how you buy the Allplan Share option, you can manage the Allplan Share licenses in the Allplan Shop. Go to the ‘Subscriptions and Users’ area. As an alternative, you can also manage the licenses on the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the ‘Team members’ area.
Allplan Shop - ‘Subscriptions and Users’
1. Log in to the Allplan Shop and open ‘My Account’.
2. Click ‘Subscriptions and Users’ to see your licenses.
3. Select the Allplan Share option on the tab.
4. You can assign one or more Allplan Share licenses to team members. To do this, select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign a license, click ‘Invite new Bimplus team member’, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
As soon as the new team member has accepted the invitation, you can find this person in the list.
4) Using Allplan Share
To use the Allplan Share option, you require Allplan 2018. The Workgroup Manager option is not necessary.
Starting a project
You have three options to start an Allplan Share project:
1. You can create a new project and save it on Bimplus by setting the location to BIMPLUS. To create a Bimplus project with Allplan Share content, you require ‘Bimplus team owner’ or ‘Bimplus team admin’ privileges.
2. You can copy an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Copy to’. You can then share this project with other project partners. This does not affect the source project.
3. You can move an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Move to’. This moves the source project to Bimplus. As a result, this project is no longer available on the local computer or local network.
5) Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Share is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, Allplan Share uses the Bimplus user management for project collaboration. As a result, Allplan Share is independent of local user management systems like Workgroup Manager.
After you have copied or moved an existing Allplan project to Bimplus, you must reassign the users to this project. Otherwise, they cannot access this project.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. In addition, you must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members are to use the Allplan Share option too, you must assign an Allplan Share license to each member in advance (as described in ‘3) Assigning licenses’).
I have installed a Windows update. Now the license is no longer available.
When I start Allplan, I can see the following error message: "This license is no longer available" or "CmActLicense runtime system is not installed!" How can I restore the license?
CodeMeter Control Center always saves the license to a container with the number Allplan GmbH 128-XXXXXXX on your computer.
Start CodeMeter Control Center:
Open the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen and enter Codemeter.
Check the Licenses area to see whether there is the following container: Allplan GmbH 128-XXXXXXX.
The container must have a blue-green symbol and not a red symbol
Work through the following steps:
Step 1 Restart CodeMeterService
The local Windows service, which is used by licensing, must be running.
Restart this service:
CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Start CodeMeter Service
If the service is running, stop it and restart it.
Now check whether the Allplan GmbH 128-XXXXXXX container is displayed.
If this has solved your problem, all you need to do is exclude Codemeter from virus scans as described in the following document: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20151209133620.html
If the container is still not visible, go to step 2.
Step 2 Contact Support
Send the following information for analysis by e-mail to email@example.com:
If the container is not displayed, or is still displayed with a red symbol, please send us
1. a screenshot of the Codemeter Control Center. License tab.
Either found in the Windows Start menu via CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. Or enter Codemeter in the search bar on the start page.
2. the computer name from which the screenshot was taken. (can be found on the start page of the Allmenu->second line "Computer Name")
3. the license/workstation number, or the product key used
How can the program "Codemeter Control Center" be installed manually.
A current and released version of "Codemeter Control Center" can be downloaded from the following link.
The program is located in the folder.
(Click on the three dots to the right of the file size and select download)
Start the file "CodemeterRuntime.exe" bypassing the user account control. To install, activate the file with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator".
Confirm all messages in the setup, as well as the default settings with 'Next'.
Codemeter Control Center will then be installed.
If you are using an Allplan license server, the Codemeter Control Center program is not only available on every Allplan client, but also on the server running the Allplan license server.
Install Codemeter Runtime on your license server in the same way.
Please also note the following instructions for the license server.
How can I access the FTP server of technical support?
You can download data from and upload data to the FTP server.
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Please enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
1. Downloading data:
You can find our data in the /Download folder.
Right-click the folder(s) or file(s) you want to download and select "Save Target As ...".
Specify where you want to copy the data by selecting a folder on your computer.
If customers agree, we can provide customer-specific data in the /Customerfolder.
For this, you will get separate instructions.
2. Uploading customer data:
If we agree, customers can upload data to the /Upload folder.
- You can upload only files. You cannot upload folders to the server. If you want to upload an entire project, please save this project to a ZIP file first.
- You can also use Internet browsers to access the FTP server. However, there are some restrictions. Use an FTP client program (for example, FileZilla)to avoid errors. This makes it easier for you to upload and download data. See the following information.
- Login details for FTP program:
How to install and run NemSLock Server?
Before installing, check whether the package you received includes the following items:
- Temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv
- Temporary licenses for clients, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd_client.nslock
How to install NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock Server. These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. You can also install the console on more workstations so that you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
If you have several temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, use the server console to install the remaining licenses after the installation. The procedure is described in the section "How to install licenses".
How to register licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console by clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
- Click the "Registration request (register.txt)" button.
- Click "Edit".
- You must fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request". Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file. If this window is closed, you can find this file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License
- Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet access on the network. Alternatively, you can also use an USB stick. You can then email this file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
How to set up users (optional)
- predefined user ALLis created automatically. If there is no other user, each user is given the privileges of the user ALL. By default, this user can use all licenses but cannot check out any licenses. By double-clicking the user, you can change the user's privileges.
- predefined user ALLallows all users to use licenses. In order to do this, the users must be able to access the server. You do not need to create individual user profiles until you want to assign specific rights to individual users or limit access to selected users. predefined user ALL. If you want to work only with individual users, you should deactivate the predefined user ALL by revoking the user's right to use licenses.
- predefined user ALL has administrator privileges unless another user is created and appointed as the administrator. As soon as you have appointed an administrator, ALL no longer has administrator privileges.
- You can enter users in the “Users.mcf” file. predefined user ALL has administrator privileges again. In addition, each user can once again administer the license server using the console.
- The administrator user is not a special user. If there are several administrator users, only one administrator user can start the console for this license server at any one time.
- If you are setting up users without giving administrator privileges to anyone, the program will ask you whether you want to appoint yourself as the administrator.
You can also specify a domain (user authentication for Windows server). However, this is not mandatory. If you do not specify a domain, the program uses the Windows user name for each user.
The program writes the user accounts and the associated access rights as ASCII text to the users.mcf file.
You can find this file in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation. You cannot rename, delete or move this file. If the program can no longer connect to this file, you must exit NemSLock Server, restart it and enter all users again from scratch. predefined user ALLis retained.
Experienced administrators can use the PowerShell script NemGenUsers.ps1. This file is in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation or you can find it as an FAQ in Allplan Connect:
How to install and configure clients
- Use one of the nslock license files you received to install the clients. Do not use the trial license or the license server license. It is irrelevant which of the client licenses you use, as the actual license will come from the license server later.
- You do not need to register the clients.
- When switching from Hardlock to NemSLock (server), you need to update the client using a nslock license file.
After having installed the client, you need to switch to the license server:
- Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
- If the license server window is not visible, select "Configure NemSLock Server" at the bottom. Lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
How can I activate my licenses for Allplan Online products and assign these licenses to other people?
1. Components required
Internet connection and internet browser
2. Purchasing licenses
You can purchase Allplan Online products in two ways.
2.1 Allplan Shop (shop.allplan.com)
Allplan Options, Bimplus Options
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Online product to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Online product.
After you have bought the Allplan Online product, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
2.2 Contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3. Assigning licenses
You can manage your licenses for the Allplan Online product in the Allplan Shop. Go to the “Subscriptions and User” area. As an alternative, you can also use the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the “Team members” area.
3.1 Sign in to the Allplan Shop or the Bimplus portal.
• Allplan Shop: Select “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
• Bimplus portal: Select “Team members”.
3.2 Select the Allplan Online product.
3.3 You can now assign one or more Allplan Online product licenses to team members. Select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign an Allplan Online product license, click “Invite new Bimplus team member”, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
Important: Do not assign the role of team administrator to a new team member unless this is absolutely necessary. A team administrator has more rights than a project administrator. You can define project administrators in the Bimplus project and user management.
You can find the new team member in the list as soon as this new team member has accepted the invitation.
4. Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Online products are cloud-based solutions. Therefore, the Bimplus user management is used for project collaboration.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. You must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members also want to use Allplan Online products, you must assign an Allplan Online product license to each project member (see “Assigning licenses”).