How can I change the company logo and address details for all reports?
After having created a report, you can adjust the address and logo in the parameters. However, these settings only apply to the current report and they are not saved.
To adjust the defaults and thus to change the settings for all reports, select Tools -> Defaults -> Office Name and Addressin Allplan.
Enter the required information and select a bitmap file for the logo.
Now these defaults are used for each report you create. You can still adjust them in the report viewer after you have created the report.
If you are working in a workgroup environment, only users with administrator privileges can change these defaults.
The information you enter for the office name and address, lines 1 and 2, is displayed both in reports and in lists.
How can I check out a computer and continue to work as a normal CAD user with my usual settings and permissions?
Install the "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" driver.
This driver is necessary so that network services are running on the computer all the time.
Go to Allplan Connect for a detailed description: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/000162ae.html
Sign in as the Allplan administrator to the computer.
Step 1: add the computer to workgroup manager
You must add the computer to the workgroup so that you can store data (data server) on this computer. Do the following:
Create data folders:
Create a folder - for example, “Nemdata” - on the computer and share it (full control).
Create the “Allplan” subfolder in this folder. Create two subfolders - “usr” and “prj” - in the Allplan folder.
In this example: “...\Nemdata\Allplan\prj” and “...\Nemdata\Allplan\usr”
To share a folder for the Allplan file storage
- Start File Explorer on the computer that you want to use for file storage and switch to the folder that you want to share (in this example, the “Nemdata” folder).
- Right-click the folder that you want to share and select Give access to -> Specific peopleon the shortcut menu.
- Select Everyoneand click Share.
- Start the Services application as the workgroup administrator.
- Click and select Manage computers and projects.
- Click the Add any computer to Allplan workgroupicon and select the computer that you want to add.
- Select the “Allplan” subfolder under the share and click “OK” to confirm. This computer is now listed under workgroup server.
Note:If you have problems adding the computer to workgroup manager, read the following instructions:
Step 2: define project owner
A user can only move a project if the user is the owner of this project.
The ownership of a project can only be changed by an Allplan administrator (or the owner of the project).
Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot ->
Go to the “Projects” node, right-click the required project and click Propertieson the shortcut menu.
Define the owner.
Step 3: move projects
Sign in as the user who wants to check out the computer.
Select the Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Manage computers and projects.
Click the main server and select the project that you want to move.
Drag the projects one after the other to the computer to be checked out.
Important note: You can take projects with you in several ways.
1. You move the project to the computer.
Move project: Drag the project to the destination computer, or open the shortcut menu of the project and click “Cut”. After this, open the shortcut menu of the destination computer and click “Paste”.
After you have checked in the computer, move the project back to the server so that it is available to all and included in backups again.
2. You copy projects. Click a project, select and hold the Ctrl key and drag the project to the destination computer. Or: Open the shortcut menu of the project and click “Copy”. After this, open the shortcut menu of the destination computer and click “Paste”.
You can continue in two ways: Lock the original project on the server to protect it from changes. Consequently, nobody in the office can work on this project, but it is still on the server. When you check in the computer again, you unlock the project on the server, delete the project and copy your copy back to the server if you have changed the project.
Alternatively, both projects remain active. Consequently, both the project copied and the original on the server can be worked on. In this case, however, you must adjust the data manually when you are back in the office by copying the changed drawing files of the projects by using ProjectPilot.
Step 4: check out the computer
Select the Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Manage computers and projects.
Click your computer and then click Check outin the lower-right area.
Confirm the message that tells you that there are still user folders on the computer to be checked out.
Enter a comment and click OK. Users in the office see this comment when they try to access a project that is on the computer that is checked out.
Specify the parts of the office standard you want to copy to the computer and click OK to confirm.
The first time you check out the computer, you must copy the office standard once so that the entire STD folder is on this computer. This is no longer necessary when you check out the computer afterward because the contents of the STD folder do not change very often.
You can now remove the computer from the network and work on your projects when you are out of the office. To make sure that the projects are not changed in the office in the meantime, the projects that are on the computer checked out are locked for the CAD users on the network. These users see the comment you entered when you checked out the computer.
- You can only check out a computer to which you are signed in. You cannot check out another computer over the network.
- Projects on this computer must be neither locked nor in use.
- For installations with license server: You must also borrow a license from the license server for the computer you want to check out.
Description of the Nemetschek Softlock license server:
Description of WiBu license server:
Allplan 2016: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618134322.html
Allplan 2017 and later: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20160523165423.html
How can I change the cache path for Allplan Share?
You do this at your own risk.
We strongly recommend that you clarify all issues in advance.
Always copy a file before you change it.
Before you change registry entries, back up the registry key that you want to modify. To do this, export the key by selecting File - Export in the Registry Editor.
Allplan Share temporarily saves the project data in the path of the local file storage, which you defined when you installed Allplan.
You can see the path of the local file storage folder in the Services application.
If this folder is centrally on a server for all Allplan workstations:
To avoid replication conflicts that might occur when several users work on the same project data, you must change the path settings for each user so that this folder is locally on the user’s computer running Allplan.
Before you start, close Allplan, making sure that you do not lose any data.
- Go to a local drive (C or D) of the computer running Allplan and create the new "Local data” folder with the "Allplan” subfolder (for example, C:\Local data\Allplan).
- Start the Windows Registry Editor as the administrator (start - run - regedit).
- Go to the left column of Registry Editor and open the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\Allplan\2018.0\InstallRoot. If Allplan 2019 or a newer Allplan version is installed, “2019.0“ or the newer version replaces “2018.0” in the path.
- Go to the right column of Registry Editor and double-click theLocalDataDrivekey. Specify the drive that you selected for local file storage (for example, C:). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change.
- Then, go to the right column of Registry Editor again and double-click theLocalDataPathkey. Specify the path that you defined for local file storage (for example,\Local Data\Allplan). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change. The result should look like this:
- Close the Registry Editor. Allplan now uses the new path for the cache of Allplan Share.
- Start Allplan and select the Allplan Share project to load the necessary project data into the new cache.
Why can’t I see anything in a project or why are elements missing from drawing files?
Why are layers not visible?
Why is it not possible to select a privilege set in layer selection?
Probably, you have not yet been assigned any privilege sets or the layers are frozen in the privilege set in question. First, check whether you can select another privilege set.
1. Selecting another privilege set
To do this, select the project in question and open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Go to the “Privilege set in list box” area at the top on the right and check whether you can select another privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
By default, all layers have full access rights in the predefined ALLPLAN privilege set.
If there is no privilege set with full access rights, you should assign the privilege sets correctly.
This can only be done by a user with administrator privilegesor, in the case of a project-specific layer structure, by the project owner.
Thus, log on as a user with administrator privileges and do the following:
2. Assigning a privilege set
Select the project with the frozen layers.
Open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Switch to the "Privilege Set" tab and click Define, modify privilege set.
Select the relevant user and assign the privilege set using the arrows.
Click OKto confirm.
3. Adjusting layers’ access rights in the privilege set
Finally, check the access rights of the layers in the privilege set assigned.
Go to the "Privilege set in list box" area at the top on the right and select the relevant privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
Check the area on the left to see whether there are frozen layers (gray or white). To change this, select these layers or simply select all layers using CTRL+A. Then click the Full access right (modifiable)icon in the “Change rights” area.
Click OKto confirm.
The next time you open this project, you can select this privilege set in the layer settings. You can then see all layers and set them to modifiable.
Do the same with print sets.
Since version 2006, the administrator has been able to select Show all users all print sets and privilege setsin the “Administrator options” group on the “Privilege Set” tab (“Design group” in version 2006). Thus, you do not need to assign new users to privilege sets. This option applies to all projects.
However, as soon as a user has been given a privilege set or print set, this option no longer applies to this user.
As a project can have its own layer structure, it is essential that you check the privilege set in the correct project.
To find out whether a project has its own layer structure, click
File -> New Project, Open Project-> right-click the relevant project -> Properties. Check whether the path settings for Layerstructuresare set to Officeor Project.
Can I "automate" the installation of Allplan?
You can install Allplan 2017 in silent mode. This installation mode is fully automatic; you do not need to enter anything. Silent installation is particularly useful if you want to install Allplan 2017 with the same settings on a large number of workstations on a network.
Requirements for installing in silent mode:
Pay attention to the different licensing types!
Licensing for stand-alone workstations:
Make sure you have not yet activated a license on the computer where you want to record silent installation. Use the Viewer option for recording.
After having installed all computers in silent mode, you must use the Product Key to activate the license locally on each computer.
To activate the license after installation:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Click License activationon the left.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click Activate license.
Using a license server:
- The clients take the licenses from a license server.
- The license server is installed.
- The license of the license server is activated.
For more information on the license server, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618084450.html
Use the Use active licenseoption for recording.
Setup writes the license settings to the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.ini file.You must distribute this file to all computers.
Some more tips:
- Before you start installing, unzip the Allplan installation package (for example, using the 7_Zip program). Make sure this package is in a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install.
- Start the command prompt for running the setup program always as a local administrator. To do this, open the shortcut menu and select "Run as administrator". Make sure you always start the command prompt from the correct folder.
- Setup will automatically install any Microsoft components required by Allplan such as Microsoft .NET-Framework or Microsoft Report Viewer without prompting you to confirm.
Preparing to install in silent mode
To record and run silent installation, you need the installation files of Allplan 2017.
Installing in silent mode involves three steps:
Creating the log file for installing in silent mode
Start by installing Allplan 2017 with the /r option on a typical workstation. During installation, Setup automatically writes all entries to a log file named setup.iss. You can then use this file to install the program on the other workstations.
Installing in silent mode
Next, install Allplan 2017 with the /s option on all other workstations. Installation is based on the setup.iss log file you created in the first step.
Checking the installation
Finally, you should check the setup.log file, which was created automatically during setup, to see whether everything was installed correctly.
Note: When installing in silent mode, Setup usually uses the same setup.iss file to install the program on all workstations. However, you can edit some settings of the setup.iss file if you want to adjust paths. You can find more information in the help; see Adjusting the setup.iss filehttp://help.allplan.com/Allplan/2017-0/1031/Allplan/index.htm#331.htm
To install Allplan in silent mode, do the following:
Install .NET 4.6
Silent setup requires you to install .NET 4.6 in advance. The reason for this is that you have to reboot the computer after installation of .NET 4.6. This reboot would interrupt silent installation.
After you have downloaded the installation files, you must unzip these files before you can use them to install in silent mode.
- Unzip the zip file downloaded. This results in an .exe file (for example, Allplan 2017-0-5-cad.exe).
- Then unzip this .exe file using an appropriate program (for example, 7_Zip) and save the resulting file to any folder. You can now use the command prompt to start Setup.exe for recording.
1. Sample installation:
Start by creating a record file. To do this, run setup with the settings you need. You only need to do this once.
Use the command prompt to start this installation with the "/r" option (for record):
To run the setup program, open the command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
Setup starts and runs as usual.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use vieweroption.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use active licenseoption.
Setup logs the entire installation process, writing everything to the setup.iss file.
If you want, you can change the name and folder of this file:
setup.exe /r /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss
setup.exe /r /f1c:\Setup.iss
This saves the file directly to C:\.
There must not be any blanks between "f1" and the folder!
Copy the setup.iss file to a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install. It is a good idea to copy this file to the folder with the Allplan installation files.
Copy the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.inifile to the %AppData%\Nemetschek folder of every client.
If you install Allplan on a client for the first time, you must create the Nemetschek folder in %AppData% first (for example, C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Nemetschek).
2. Silent installation:
Make sure you can access the setup.iss file.
Make sure the Lic3.ini file is in the %AppData%\Nemetschek\ folder.
Setup logs the entire installation process again, writing everything to the setup.log file. You can find this file in the same folder as the setup.iss file. With the /f2 option, you can specify a different folder and file name for the setup.log file.
To start installing Allplan in silent mode on a client, open command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
setup.exe /s /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss /f2<folder>:\Setup.log
setup.exe /s /f1c:\Setup.iss /f2c:\Setup.log
This saves the file directly to C:\.
Check the setup.log file to see whether everything has been installed correctly. The [ResponseResult] section should return the 'ResultCode=0' value.
If you have several licenses or license servers, select the required license for each client using the Services application - Utilities - License settings.
Refer to the online help for detailed information on installing in silent mode.
To open the help system, press the F1 key during setup. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Installing" and then "Installing in silent mode".
You can also find information in the help for the license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
To open the help system, press the F1 key. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Licensing Allplan using a license server" and then "Installing in silent mode".
Please note that we cannot provide support for this installation method.
How can I copy bar reinforcement including views and sections created with the tools in the "Associative Views" module if, for example, I want to use slab reinforcement for another floor?
I want to place the copied reinforcement and the views in new, separate drawing files and then adjust the reinforcement, keeping the layout of the copied sections. Only the changes in the copied reinforcement should automatically be added to the sections.
First, open ProjectPilot (File -> ProjectPilot) and copy the drawing files with the reinforcement and the drawing file with the associative views and sections to new drawing files. ProjectPilot asks you whether you want to copy the linked drawing files as well. Click No.
If there are views or sections containing only data you do not want to move (for example, only model data), select Create -> Engineering Views, Details -> Associative Views -> Add to Viewand add the data you want to move (for example, reinforcement) to these views or sections. You can remove the data later.
The copied drawing files still reference the original drawing files. The next step is to delete those references.
To do this, open the drawing files you just copied. Select Change -> Engineering Views, Details -> Associative Views -> Manage Reference Drawing Filesand remove the references to the source drawing files.
When you have removed all links to drawing files you do not want to move, select the new drawing files with the views and the reinforcement.
Select all data by pressing <CTRL>+A and move the data as you need.
You can move the data in the X, Y and Z directions in plan or define any spatial displacement in isometric view.
You can then add the associated model data to the views and adjust the reinforcement.
Once deleted, you cannot restore any references to drawing files. Therefore, make sure you delete the right references. Allplan deletes empty views or sections automatically.
How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.