How can I work from home with Allplan without a direct LAN connection to a common file storage folder?
1. Working from home with direct access to the central data
If you want to work together on projects, you can use Allplan Share, Allplan’s cloud solution, to work with Allplan without a LAN connection to the central file storage folder. This is only possible if Allplan is installed as a standalone version on a computer without access to a central file storage folder; otherwise, Allplan does not start. If the computer is part of a workgroup installation, the computer must be checked out and used outside the LAN (like a standalone workstation). Data access is via cloud services.
This is only possible if you use Allplan Share for cloud storage.
Working with Allplan Share is just as simple as working at a standalone workstation. You and several other users can access and edit a project at the same time.
To get more information on Allplan Share, use the following link or contact your sales partner:
You can also find further information on Allplan Connect; use the following link:
VPN is not useful for common project storage.
Allplan exchanges many files with the data server. VPN uses advanced encryption, which considerably slows down data transfer.
A connection via VPN is not approved for Allplan because data might get damaged even if the connection is interrupted only briefly. In addition, working over the internet is extremely slow if the internet connection is not fast enough (at least 100 Mbit).
Allplan does not support a VPN connection with IPv6; Allplan detects only IPv4.
Make sure that the VPN connection does not switch to sleep mode.
Please note that we cannot provide support for this constellation.
2. Working from home without access to the central file storage (working locally):
2.1 Allplan with workgroup manager:
If workgroup manager is included in your license, you can check out a computer or laptop with projects from the workgroup environment. You can then work from home without access to the server. The projects on the computer or laptop that is checked out are locked for the CAD users on the network. These users see the comment you entered when you checked out the computer.
You can find instructions at
When you use a license server, you can get the license via a VPN connection or borrow the license beforehand:
2.2 Allplan without workgroup manager:
Using the office computer
If you have neither workgroup manager nor network access, you must uninstall Allplan and install it again by specifying the local paths. To work with a project, you must back it up and then import it to the local installation.
Using a new (private) computer
If you want to use a new computer to work from home, you must return the license at the office computer and then use this license to install Allplan on the new computer.
We recommend that you do not mix data from the office computer and the private computer. Merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
Use the following link to find out how to transfer projects:
I purchased the license server. How can I install and configure the license server?
Allplan is using since version 2016 a new protection system. Licensing is based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG since then. You can no longer use NemSLock Server with Allplan 2016 and higher.
Allplan requires a Product Key. Using this key, you can activate your license online. The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
Note: The license is downwards compatible til version Allplan 2016-1-4 even if a higher version is displayed.
To install the license server, download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect
or from our FTP server:
The Wibu license server is part of the CodeMeter driver, which is installed along with Allplan. If you have already installed Allplan on the license server, you do not have to install additional software. But you can also install the license server separately; you do not have to install Allplan.
In any case, install and activate the license server before you install Allplan on the clients.
You can activate a license in online mode only if you have ...
- Internet access
- a Product Key
- a license server license; you cannot use other licenses with the license server.
Installing the license server
- You must install the license server on a 64-bit Windows system.
- Start License Server Setup on the computer you want to use as the license server.
- Click Install.
- Start the license server by starting the License Settings program. Go to the License activation area, enter your Product Key and click Activate license.
- If you have more licenses for the license server, enter the respective Product Keys and activate the licenses.
- Afterwards, start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen: enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdmin at bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
- Select Configuration -> Server -> Access server in the Network server area and click Activate.
- Click Apply.
Configuring the license server (optional)
You can use the CodeMeter WebAdmin application to administer the license server.
To start and stop the license server service, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Start or Stop CodeMeter Service
By default, all users on the LAN, who have installed the CodeMeter driver, can use a license from the license server.
- Basic access control: you can enter a list of client computer names or IP addresses that are allowed to access the license server.
- Advanced access control: you can specify global access rules (for all licenses) to control access to the licenses.
To activate license tracking, you have to set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion\LogLicenseTracking registry entry to 1 and restart CodeMeter Service.
After having activated this key, you can use CodeMeter WebAdmin to create a report showing details about the licenses used over a specific period of time. To do this, open CodeMeter WebAdmin and go to the 'Server' - 'License Tracking' page. Select the period of time and the license for which you want to generate a report. Then click 'Create report'. If you click a single bar, you will get detailed analyses per day or per hour.
CodeMeter WebAdmin saves the reports to C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\Logs.
Installing and configuring clients
Note for Version 2016: Install at least Allplan 2016-1-4 on the clients.
The license server license will be detected automatically on the network.
Install Allplan on the clients. When you are prompted to select the license file, click Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
- You do not need to activatethe clients.
Allplan automatically finds the license server on the local network. If you have not selected a license, Allplan automatically selects the first available license.
After having installed Allplan on the clients, you can use the 'License Settings' dialog boxto configure license selection.
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- License activation: this area is not relevant to clients taking their license from the license server.
- License selection: use this section if you get the license from a license server or if you have several licenses and you want to select the preferred license.
- Start as a viewer: click this button if you want to start Allplan as a viewer.
You can see the names of the available licenses with their seat numbers.
The 'Available' column indicates how many licenses are still available. Click the dropdown arrow to see a list of users currently working with a license.
Select the check box in front of a license to select this license as a favorite. You can mark as many licenses as you want. Allplan will then prefer these licenses. Click to select one ore more licenses Allplan is not to use. If you do not select any license or if you have selected several favorites, Allplan will automatically use the first free license it finds.
Find license server automatically:
When you select this option, Allplan automatically detects a license server on the LAN. In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan may not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually (see Additional server name).
Note: Only the Windows administrator can change this option.
Additional server name:
If 'Find license server automatically' is not active or Allplan has not automatically found a license server, you can manually enter the name or the IP address of the server. If 'Find license server automatically' is active, you can enter an additional server. After having entered the server name, click 'Update' to see the licenses of the license server. Use semicolons to separate several server names.
You can find detailed information on the license server in the License Settings help (F1 key).
Allplan communicates with the license server via TCP/IP. By default, communication is via Port 22350 unless you change the port in CodeMeter WebAdmin.
If a firewall is active on your computer, you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP. If the firewall filters in an application-specific manner, you have to enable the CodeMeter.exe license server service. You can find this service in the %Program Files (x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin Windows folder. Define the CodeMeter.exe service as an exception in the firewall. Some anti-virus programs also include firewall functions. If you are not sure, contact the manufacturer of the anti-virus program.
- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
Allplan from version 2011
Parts of Allplan 2011 have been reprogrammed and are completely new. Allplan uses a graphics library, which has been developed especially for CAD programs and visualization tasks. Depending on the data type and application, the display speed of Allplan is much higher than that of earlier versions, and refresh operations are considerably shorter. What's more, you can create hidden line images in real time.
This new technology is not a one-to-one implementation of the software-based solution in the previous version. Instead, a hardware-based approach is used. When it comes to data processing, the graphics card takes on much of the work. The different behavior of these two technologies that may occur in some parts is inherent. Therefore, the resulting display and refresh operations may differ slightly from what you are used to.
General graphics card requirements for Allplan
To fully exploit hardware acceleration capabilities, you require an Open GL 2.0 and DirectX10 (chip-based) compatible graphics card with 512 MB or more memory. Although Windows XP does not support DirectX10, Allplan only requires the chip-based support of the graphics card to manage the graphics library. OpenGL 2.0 is used in 2D and in visualization windows. These changes employ the latest technology in graphic display, so selecting a capable graphics card, and using the proper drivers is essential.
For more information on graphics card specifications, go to:
Professional graphics cards versus Consumer-Level cards
Graphic card manufacturers typically have different product lines targeted for "gamers" and "professional users". While the hardware setup is very similar in case of both cards, there are key differences in their firmware and driver. "Consumer-Level cards" (such as Nvidia GeForce and AMD/ATI Radeon) are optimized for 3D games and technologically designed for DirectX10, as speed is more important than image quality.
Typically a 3D model in a game contains a low number of polygons with textures applied to them, while in CAD applications polygon count is high, and the image quality of wireframe models or shaded models is more important than navigation speed. Also, professional cards' memory usage is optimized for using multiple application windows, while in gaming this is not relevant.
Another key difference between the two product lines is the way they are delivered and supported. Professional cards (such as Nvidia Quadro and AMD/ATI FireGL/PRO) are built according to the video chip manufacturer's references, so you can always be sure that the driver delivered by the video chip manufacturer (such as Nvidia or AMD/ATI) fits your card.
The manufacturers of Consumer-Level cards (such as ASUS, Sapphire, Gigabyte, PNY and so on) may diverge from the chip manufacturer's references, so their drivers may not be compatible with the chip manufacturer's reference driver. Also, the product life cycle and driver release cycles are much shorter in case of gaming cards, usually 6 months up to 1 year at most and a 1-year warranty period maximum.
Example: comparison of graphics cards
Professional graphics cards / workstation
Professional graphics cards versus Consumer-Level cards
Professional graphics cards differ considerably from "Consumer-Level cards" for private users with regard to specific market segments with special requirements:
- Extensive application tests and certifications with CAD providers
- Optimized and advanced support for API as well as further developments
- Longer product life cycles and availability
- Direct product support
- Longer warranty period
Nemetschek Allplan GmbH cooperates with Nvidia und AMD to test graphics card drivers for the Nvidia FX Quadro/ Quadro and AMD/ATI FireGL/ Fire Pro series. These product lines are tested, certified and recommended for Allplan by Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH.
For more information on certified graphics cards, go to:
There are four different categories and areas:
|Graphics card||Application||Quality tests||Status|
|Gaming graphics cards||3D Games||Tested / not tested||Not recommended|
|Professional graphics cards||3D basis||Certified and recommended||End of life|
|Professional graphics cards||3D performance||Certified and recommended||End of life|
|Professional graphics cards||3D high performance||Certified and recommended||End of life|
Recommended graphics cards for laptops (Windows)
For reasons detailed above, we cannot recommend any specific card and driver combination for laptops. However, there are professional graphics cards available for high-end laptops such as NVidia FX Quadro & Quadro NVidia "M" or AMD/ATI FireGL & FirePro "Mobility".
These graphics cards are just as good as their desktop counterparts.
Laptops with Consumer-Level cards have been tested only briefly and cannot be recommended. We have had bad experience with on-board Intel graphics cards.
Graphics cards drivers for Apple Macintosh
Since Macs come with a default graphics card (on-board or gaming), and the drivers are bundled with system updates, we cannot recommend a specific card.
Graphics cards for MacOsX 10.6 (Leopard) or later and Boot Camp support Open GL 2.0 and DirectX10. Currently, there is only one series that is equipped with a professional graphics card: Mac Pro with NVidia FX4800 for Mac.
Notes for Allplan and Macintosh:
- There is no provision for a direct installation under Macintosh.
- Access to Windows must be straight from the Boot Camp installation.
- For performance reasons, Parallels Desktop cannot be used in conjunction with Nemetschek Allplan.
We kindly ask you to understand that Nemetschek Allplan cannot provide support for Boot Camp installations.
Installing graphics cards drivers (Windows)
Graphics cards only work properly if they have a hardware provider supplied driver (not system built-in driver) installed correctly. It may happen that remnants of a previous installation interfere with the current driver installation. If you experience display issues with the drivers listed below, please "clean-install" the driver again. "Clean-install" means removing all previous driver files before installing a new driver. Unfortunately, a simple uninstall may not efficiently remove all components of a driver. There are tools that can do it, like ATI's cat uninstaller or third-party tools like driver cleaner or driver cleaner pro 1.5.
Graphics card drivers for laptops (Windows)
In most cases, graphic card drivers for laptops are supplied by the laptop manufacturer, and graphic card provider supplied drivers will not install on laptops. This makes it practically impossible for us to test laptop graphics cards. If you are experiencing display issues with your laptop, and your supplier does not offer you a driver update, you might try - at your own risk - to tweak a desktop driver to work on your laptop. Note that this is obviously not encouraged by your laptop supplier.
During installation of license server the message appears 'installation failed'. What could be the reason for it?
Check the following points:
- The license server must be installed in a 64 bit windows system. License server is not working on 32 bit system.
- Make sure the license server setup is saved local on the machine and is not executed over network
- Stop the real time check of your virus scanner or stop the virus scanner complete during installation. Optionally stop the firewall as well - attention in most cases you have to reboot the server in order to take over the settings.
- Run the *.exe file over context menu -> run as administrator.
- If the license server installation still fails. The reason could be NET framework. License server uses NET framework 4.6 and in newer version 4.7. If there are components missing the setup will automatically try to install them. This happens in the background. It will be connected to webpage of Microsoft http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=397708 and the missing files will be downloaded and installed. If a proxy server is blocking this page the download cannot happen and the license server installation fails. In these cases you will have to configure the proxy server settings to allow the Microsoft URL. Microsoft URL has to be trustworthy. Start installation of license server again.
Addition for license server 2017 on older sever like 2008 R2 server:
If the license server installation still fails and the setup stays at 50%, then the reason is usually .NET framework.
Try to install the .NET version in advance from Microsoft Download.
Installation of. NET framework 4.6 requires at least Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP 1.
For information, also see the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=49982
If the installation of the new version keeps failing, try to install a slightly older license server.
It will works the same way with ALLPLAN 2017 but still is operating with .NET 4.5.2.
Use the following link:
ftp://nemhotline: ha37jvg8f @ftp.nemetschek.de/download/Allgemein/Archiv/WiBu/Lizenzserver
Download the License server until 2017-0.
After successfully installation of license server you will have to connect via internet again in order to activate the license. If using proxy allow the access of the following URLs as well.
I have used the "Check out" tool to check out the computer from the network and remove the network connection.
Why is Workgroup Manager no longer working?
Windows disables network functionality as soon as you remove the network connection (unplug the network cable).
Running Allplan, however, requires specific network protocols (even if the computer is checked out).
To make sure that the operating system's network functionality is not interrupted, you can install a virtual network interface card.
Microsoft provides a driver for this (loopback adapter).
How to install:
Right-click the Windows Start button -> select "Run".
Type in "hdwwiz" in the search field. Right-click the program found -> select "Run as admin".
Click Next -> select the required hardware manually in a list and install it -> click "Next".
Select "Network adapter" in the list -> click "Next".
Select "Microsoft" in the list on the left -> "Microsoft loopback adapter for KM TEST" is presented for selection on the right -> click "Next" -> click "Next".
Click the Windows Start button -> type in "hdwwiz" in the search field. Right-click the program found -> select "Run as administrator".
Click Next -> select the required hardware manually in a list and install it -> click "Next".
Select "Network adapter" in the list -> click "Next".
Select "Microsoft" in the list on the left -> "Microsoft loopback adapter" is presented for selection on the right -> click "Next" -> click "Next".
Start the "Hardware Wizard" by selecting
Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and clicking Continue -> Next.
Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (advanced)" in the box and choose "Network adapter" in the list that follows.
This selects and installs the "Microsoft loopback adapter".
How can I change the cache path for Allplan Share?
You do this at your own risk.
We strongly recommend that you clarify all issues in advance.
Always copy a file before you change it.
Before you change registry entries, back up the registry key that you want to modify. To do this, export the key by selecting File - Export in the Registry Editor.
Allplan Share temporarily saves the project data in the path of the local file storage, which you defined when you installed Allplan.
You can see the path of the local file storage folder in the Services application.
If this folder is centrally on a server for all Allplan workstations:
To avoid replication conflicts that might occur when several users work on the same project data, you must change the path settings for each user so that this folder is locally on the user’s computer running Allplan.
Before you start, close Allplan, making sure that you do not lose any data.
- Go to a local drive (C or D) of the computer running Allplan and create the new "Local data” folder with the "Allplan” subfolder (for example, C:\Local data\Allplan).
- Start the Windows Registry Editor as the administrator (start - run - regedit).
- Go to the left column of Registry Editor and open the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\Allplan\2018.0\InstallRoot. If Allplan 2019 or a newer Allplan version is installed, “2019.0“ or the newer version replaces “2018.0” in the path.
- Go to the right column of Registry Editor and double-click theLocalDataDrivekey. Specify the drive that you selected for local file storage (for example, C:). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change.
- Then, go to the right column of Registry Editor again and double-click theLocalDataPathkey. Specify the path that you defined for local file storage (for example,\Local Data\Allplan). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change. The result should look like this:
- Close the Registry Editor. Allplan now uses the new path for the cache of Allplan Share.
- Start Allplan and select the Allplan Share project to load the necessary project data into the new cache.
How can I set up Allplan Share? What are the requirements?
1)System requirementsfor Allplan Share
Allplan Version 2018 or higher
Network infrastructure required
A 20-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
At least a 50-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
You have two options to buy the Allplan Share option.
1. You can visit the Allplan Shop at ‘shop.allplan.com’.
Allplan Options -> Allplan Share
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Share option to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Share option.
After you have bought the Allplan Share option, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using ‘My Account’ - ‘Subscriptions and Users’.
2. You can contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3) Assigning licenses
Regardless of how you buy the Allplan Share option, you can manage the Allplan Share licenses in the Allplan Shop. Go to the ‘Subscriptions and Users’ area. As an alternative, you can also manage the licenses on the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the ‘Team members’ area.
Allplan Shop - ‘Subscriptions and Users’
1. Log in to the Allplan Shop and open ‘My Account’.
2. Click ‘Subscriptions and Users’ to see your licenses.
3. Select the Allplan Share option on the tab.
4. You can assign one or more Allplan Share licenses to team members. To do this, select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign a license, click ‘Invite new Bimplus team member’, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
As soon as the new team member has accepted the invitation, you can find this person in the list.
4) Using Allplan Share
To use the Allplan Share option, you require Allplan 2018. The Workgroup Manager option is not necessary.
Starting a project
You have three options to start an Allplan Share project:
1. You can create a new project and save it on Bimplus by setting the location to BIMPLUS. To create a Bimplus project with Allplan Share content, you require ‘Bimplus team owner’ or ‘Bimplus team admin’ privileges.
2. You can copy an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Copy to’. You can then share this project with other project partners. This does not affect the source project.
3. You can move an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Move to’. This moves the source project to Bimplus. As a result, this project is no longer available on the local computer or local network.
5) Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Share is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, Allplan Share uses the Bimplus user management for project collaboration. As a result, Allplan Share is independent of local user management systems like Workgroup Manager.
After you have copied or moved an existing Allplan project to Bimplus, you must reassign the users to this project. Otherwise, they cannot access this project.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. In addition, you must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members are to use the Allplan Share option too, you must assign an Allplan Share license to each member in advance (as described in ‘3) Assigning licenses’).
Can I "automate" the installation of Allplan?
You can install Allplan 2017 in silent mode. This installation mode is fully automatic; you do not need to enter anything. Silent installation is particularly useful if you want to install Allplan 2017 with the same settings on a large number of workstations on a network.
Requirements for installing in silent mode:
Pay attention to the different licensing types!
Licensing for stand-alone workstations:
Make sure you have not yet activated a license on the computer where you want to record silent installation. Use the Viewer option for recording.
After having installed all computers in silent mode, you must use the Product Key to activate the license locally on each computer.
To activate the license after installation:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Click License activationon the left.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click Activate license.
Using a license server:
- The clients take the licenses from a license server.
- The license server is installed.
- The license of the license server is activated.
For more information on the license server, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618084450.html
Use the Use active licenseoption for recording.
Setup writes the license settings to the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.ini file.You must distribute this file to all computers.
Some more tips:
- Before you start installing, unzip the Allplan installation package (for example, using the 7_Zip program). Make sure this package is in a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install.
- Start the command prompt for running the setup program always as a local administrator. To do this, open the shortcut menu and select "Run as administrator". Make sure you always start the command prompt from the correct folder.
- Setup will automatically install any Microsoft components required by Allplan such as Microsoft .NET-Framework or Microsoft Report Viewer without prompting you to confirm.
Preparing to install in silent mode
To record and run silent installation, you need the installation files of Allplan 2017.
Installing in silent mode involves three steps:
Creating the log file for installing in silent mode
Start by installing Allplan 2017 with the /r option on a typical workstation. During installation, Setup automatically writes all entries to a log file named setup.iss. You can then use this file to install the program on the other workstations.
Installing in silent mode
Next, install Allplan 2017 with the /s option on all other workstations. Installation is based on the setup.iss log file you created in the first step.
Checking the installation
Finally, you should check the setup.log file, which was created automatically during setup, to see whether everything was installed correctly.
Note: When installing in silent mode, Setup usually uses the same setup.iss file to install the program on all workstations. However, you can edit some settings of the setup.iss file if you want to adjust paths. You can find more information in the help; see Adjusting the setup.iss filehttp://help.allplan.com/Allplan/2017-0/1031/Allplan/index.htm#331.htm
To install Allplan in silent mode, do the following:
Install .NET 4.6
Silent setup requires you to install .NET 4.6 in advance. The reason for this is that you have to reboot the computer after installation of .NET 4.6. This reboot would interrupt silent installation.
After you have downloaded the installation files, you must unzip these files before you can use them to install in silent mode.
- Unzip the zip file downloaded. This results in an .exe file (for example, Allplan 2017-0-5-cad.exe).
- Then unzip this .exe file using an appropriate program (for example, 7_Zip) and save the resulting file to any folder. You can now use the command prompt to start Setup.exe for recording.
1. Sample installation:
Start by creating a record file. To do this, run setup with the settings you need. You only need to do this once.
Use the command prompt to start this installation with the "/r" option (for record):
To run the setup program, open the command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
Setup starts and runs as usual.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use vieweroption.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use active licenseoption.
Setup logs the entire installation process, writing everything to the setup.iss file.
If you want, you can change the name and folder of this file:
setup.exe /r /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss
setup.exe /r /f1c:\Setup.iss
This saves the file directly to C:\.
There must not be any blanks between "f1" and the folder!
Copy the setup.iss file to a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install. It is a good idea to copy this file to the folder with the Allplan installation files.
Copy the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.inifile to the %AppData%\Nemetschek folder of every client.
If you install Allplan on a client for the first time, you must create the Nemetschek folder in %AppData% first (for example, C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Nemetschek).
2. Silent installation:
Make sure you can access the setup.iss file.
Make sure the Lic3.ini file is in the %AppData%\Nemetschek\ folder.
Setup logs the entire installation process again, writing everything to the setup.log file. You can find this file in the same folder as the setup.iss file. With the /f2 option, you can specify a different folder and file name for the setup.log file.
To start installing Allplan in silent mode on a client, open command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
setup.exe /s /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss /f2<folder>:\Setup.log
setup.exe /s /f1c:\Setup.iss /f2c:\Setup.log
This saves the file directly to C:\.
Check the setup.log file to see whether everything has been installed correctly. The [ResponseResult] section should return the 'ResultCode=0' value.
If you have several licenses or license servers, select the required license for each client using the Services application - Utilities - License settings.
Refer to the online help for detailed information on installing in silent mode.
To open the help system, press the F1 key during setup. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Installing" and then "Installing in silent mode".
You can also find information in the help for the license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
To open the help system, press the F1 key. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Licensing Allplan using a license server" and then "Installing in silent mode".
Please note that we cannot provide support for this installation method.
Several users require Allplan administrator privileges in an installation with Workgroup Manager.
There are normal users and Allplan administrators in Allplan installations with Workgroup Manager.
Allplan administrators are:
- Windows users with any login name who are granted administrative rights in the Workgroup Manager administration.
In other words, a Windows user with Windows administrator privileges does not necessarily have to be an Allplan administrator at the same time.
We do not recommend that several users work with Allplan administrator privileges at the same time, making it difficult to manage and protect the office standard, that is, the global settings. See solution 1.
However, if it is essential that several users are Allplan administrators, see solution 2.
There is one Allplan administrator and normal Allplan users.
As the owner of a project has advanced rights in this project, you can define a user as the owner in a project and set the required resources to 'project'.
File -> New Project, Open Project... -> right-click the project you need -> Properties ... -> Path settings
Set the required resources to project.
You can also make these settings when you create a project or in ProjectPilot.
In addition to the Allplan administrator, another user (the owner of the project) can now define settings in the project.
- There are two standards for the definitions set to project: office and project.
- It is only the Allplan administrator who can make changes in the office standard.
Windows users with any login name are set up as Allplan administrators.
First, set up the Windows user as an Allplan user.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click->Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
Grant the administration privilege to the "user group":
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign the administration privilege to existing users.
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview, respectively.