I purchased the license server. How can I install and configure the license server?
Allplan is using since version 2016 a new protection system. Licensing is based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG since then. You can no longer use NemSLock Server with Allplan 2016 and higher.
Allplan requires a Product Key. Using this key, you can activate your license online. The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
Note: The license is downwards compatible til version Allplan 2016-1-4 even if a higher version is displayed.
To install the license server, download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect
or from our FTP server:
The Wibu license server is part of the CodeMeter driver, which is installed along with Allplan. If you have already installed Allplan on the license server, you do not have to install additional software. But you can also install the license server separately; you do not have to install Allplan.
In any case, install and activate the license server before you install Allplan on the clients.
You can activate a license in online mode only if you have ...
- Internet access
- a Product Key
- a license server license; you cannot use other licenses with the license server.
Installing the license server
- You must install the license server on a 64-bit Windows system.
- Start License Server Setup on the computer you want to use as the license server.
- Click Install.
- Start the license server by starting the License Settings program. Go to the License activation area, enter your Product Key and click Activate license.
- If you have more licenses for the license server, enter the respective Product Keys and activate the licenses.
- Afterwards, start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen: enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdmin at bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
- Select Configuration -> Server -> Access server in the Network server area and click Activate.
- Click Apply.
Configuring the license server (optional)
You can use the CodeMeter WebAdmin application to administer the license server.
To start and stop the license server service, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Start or Stop CodeMeter Service
By default, all users on the LAN, who have installed the CodeMeter driver, can use a license from the license server.
- Basic access control: you can enter a list of client computer names or IP addresses that are allowed to access the license server.
- Advanced access control: you can specify global access rules (for all licenses) to control access to the licenses.
To activate license tracking, you have to set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion\LogLicenseTracking registry entry to 1 and restart CodeMeter Service.
After having activated this key, you can use CodeMeter WebAdmin to create a report showing details about the licenses used over a specific period of time. To do this, open CodeMeter WebAdmin and go to the 'Server' - 'License Tracking' page. Select the period of time and the license for which you want to generate a report. Then click 'Create report'. If you click a single bar, you will get detailed analyses per day or per hour.
CodeMeter WebAdmin saves the reports to C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\Logs.
Installing and configuring clients
Note for Version 2016: Install at least Allplan 2016-1-4 on the clients.
The license server license will be detected automatically on the network.
Install Allplan on the clients. When you are prompted to select the license file, click Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
- You do not need to activatethe clients.
Allplan automatically finds the license server on the local network. If you have not selected a license, Allplan automatically selects the first available license.
After having installed Allplan on the clients, you can use the 'License Settings' dialog boxto configure license selection.
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- License activation: this area is not relevant to clients taking their license from the license server.
- License selection: use this section if you get the license from a license server or if you have several licenses and you want to select the preferred license.
- Start as a viewer: click this button if you want to start Allplan as a viewer.
You can see the names of the available licenses with their seat numbers.
The 'Available' column indicates how many licenses are still available. Click the dropdown arrow to see a list of users currently working with a license.
Select the check box in front of a license to select this license as a favorite. You can mark as many licenses as you want. Allplan will then prefer these licenses. Click to select one ore more licenses Allplan is not to use. If you do not select any license or if you have selected several favorites, Allplan will automatically use the first free license it finds.
Find license server automatically:
When you select this option, Allplan automatically detects a license server on the LAN. In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan may not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually (see Additional server name).
Note: Only the Windows administrator can change this option.
Additional server name:
If 'Find license server automatically' is not active or Allplan has not automatically found a license server, you can manually enter the name or the IP address of the server. If 'Find license server automatically' is active, you can enter an additional server. After having entered the server name, click 'Update' to see the licenses of the license server. Use semicolons to separate several server names.
You can find detailed information on the license server in the License Settings help (F1 key).
Allplan communicates with the license server via TCP/IP. By default, communication is via Port 22350 unless you change the port in CodeMeter WebAdmin.
If a firewall is active on your computer, you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP. If the firewall filters in an application-specific manner, you have to enable the CodeMeter.exe license server service. You can find this service in the %Program Files (x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin Windows folder. Define the CodeMeter.exe service as an exception in the firewall. Some anti-virus programs also include firewall functions. If you are not sure, contact the manufacturer of the anti-virus program.
A new computer is to replace the existing one.
How can I transfer the existing data and settings of the existing Allplan installation to the new computer?
Please note that this solution only works with stand-alone versions.
Install the same version of Allplan on the new computer and transfer the data as follows:
1st - transferring the data:
Transfer the following folders from the old computer to the new one:
Project folder (PRJ)
Office standard folder (STD) and
User folder (USR)
You can determine the path to these folders on both the new computer and the old computer as follows:
Services application->Service->Hotline Tools->Showcfg: shows system variables ->OK
You can find the paths to the folders after PRJ, STD and USR.
2nd - transferring the toolbar configuration:
Export the configurations from the old computer by clicking View -> Toolbars -> Customize... -> Export...
You can then import the configurations to the new computer by clicking View -> Toolbars -> Customize... -> Import...
How can I import data from an earlier version?
You can import data from the last three Allplan versions.
Consequently, the following import operations are possible:
Target version <- import possible from version
2017 <- 2014
2016 <- 2013
2015 <- 2012
2014 <- 2011
2013 <- 2009
2012 <- 2008
2011 <- 2006
2009 <- 2005
2008 <- 2004
2006 <- 2003
2005 <- 17
2004 <- 16
We cannot guarantee that data created in older versions can be imported and edited. The conversion of older data may be incomplete, which may affect intelligent components in particular.
1. Archived data from an earlier version (not older than three previous versions):
There are two ways to convert the data to the current version:
- Import the project backups created and archived using the
Services application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects.
After importing the projects, convert them by opening each project once.
- Import the backups archived using the
Services application -> File -> Restore documents of any version to '...\Extern'.
The data are written to the external path.
You can now process the converted data in ProjectPilot.
2. Archived data from an older Allplan version (older than three previous versions):
- See whether you can use the approach described in step 1 to import the old projects.
- If available, it is a good idea to install an old Allplan version. Import the backups created and archived into this old version and convert the projects using the Services application. If you have imported a complete project backup, convert the data by opening each project once. When finished, repeat this process with a newer version (up to three versions later) until the data are up-to-date.
- If an old Allplan version is not available, you can also have the data converted by Allplan. Please note that this service is not free of charge. Please contact Technical Support -> firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can convert the data of all projects at once. Read the following FAQ in Allplan Connect: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20090408124904.html
- If enough hard disk space is available, you are advised to keep and maintain the projects so that Allplan automatically converts them to the current version whenever you upgrade.
- If there are project-specific smart symbol catalogs, you should open the smart symbol catalog once to convert the data.
I installed Allplan with Workgroup Manager on a new computer for the first time. When I start Allplan, I get the following message: The user profile "DOMAIN\user name" was not found. Temporarily, the profile of local will be used.
Therefore, I cannot access any project. What can I do?
You have logged in to the computer with a new Windows user who does not yet exist in Workgroup Manager administration of Allplan.
You need to add this new user to Workgroup Manager. To do this, log in as the administrator to the computer or use a different computer where a user has administrator privileges for Workgroup Manager.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click -> Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
There is one Allplan administrator and any number of normal Allplan users.
A Windows user with any login name becomes an Allplan administrator if you go to "User group" and
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign administration privileges to existing users.
You must enter the email address and the password only if the user is notpart of the workgroup but needs access to online projects (Workgroup Online).
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview respectively.
After you have created the user as an Allplan user, do not forget to assign the relevant projects to this user. Otherwise, this user is not allowed to edit the projects.
To find out how to
make several projects available to users: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/0001cbd2.html
How can I restore a lost building structure or layout structure?
To restore a lost or corrupt building structure or layout structure, you can do the following:
- Close Allplan.
- Open Windows Explorer, go to the central file storage folder of Allplan and open the "Prj"folder. Open the corresponding project folder and the "BIM" subfolder.
If the "Same folder name as project name" option is not selected for the project, a number is used for the folder name in the "Prj"folder. In this case, open the Services applicationand select the woprohotline tool (Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro). Select the corresponding project by double-clicking its name. An information dialog box shows the folder and file name of the project.
- You can find an XML file for each structure in the BIM subfolder.
Objects derived from building structure:
Allplan_BIM_LevMo_"name of model".xml
- To restore the building structure from a backup, rename the existing file "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml" "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.old", for example.
- Switch to the "Backup"folder, which you can also find in the"BIM"folder.
- Select the most recent file that had been created beforethe building structure was deleted, for example, "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.27.5.2008--10-32-21.bak". The characters in bold indicate the date and time of the backup. Copy this file to the "BIM"folder.
- Rename this file by deleting the characters after ".xml". Now the file name is "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml".
- Restart Allplan. The last version of the building structure is displayed in the "Open on a project-specific basis"dialog box again.
Using Allplan 2009-2 and later, you can restore the layout structure from a *.bak file straight from the "Open on a project-specific basis: layouts"dialog box.
- Right-click the topmost structural level in the layout structure (project name) and select Load layout structure favoriteon the shortcut menu.
- Open the last version of the Allplan_BIM_LayoutStructure.xml file in the backup folder mentioned above.
If the *.bak files are not displayed, please follow the steps described above.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
Several users require Allplan administrator privileges in an installation with Workgroup Manager.
There are normal users and Allplan administrators in Allplan installations with Workgroup Manager.
Allplan administrators are:
- Windows users with any login name who are granted administrative rights in the Workgroup Manager administration.
In other words, a Windows user with Windows administrator privileges does not necessarily have to be an Allplan administrator at the same time.
We do not recommend that several users work with Allplan administrator privileges at the same time, making it difficult to manage and protect the office standard, that is, the global settings. See solution 1.
However, if it is essential that several users are Allplan administrators, see solution 2.
There is one Allplan administrator and normal Allplan users.
As the owner of a project has advanced rights in this project, you can define a user as the owner in a project and set the required resources to 'project'.
File -> New Project, Open Project... -> right-click the project you need -> Properties ... -> Path settings
Set the required resources to project.
You can also make these settings when you create a project or in ProjectPilot.
In addition to the Allplan administrator, another user (the owner of the project) can now define settings in the project.
- There are two standards for the definitions set to project: office and project.
- It is only the Allplan administrator who can make changes in the office standard.
Windows users with any login name are set up as Allplan administrators.
First, set up the Windows user as an Allplan user.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click->Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
Grant the administration privilege to the "user group":
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign the administration privilege to existing users.
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview, respectively.
How can I install additional Allplan workstations on an existing network (with or without Workgroup Manager)?
Before you install the additional workstations, find out the path to the central file storage folder on a computer where Allplan has already been installed. Open the Services application on this computer. The Services application window shows the path to the central file storage folder.
Enter this path when Setup prompts you to specify the central file storage folder.
Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
- Make sure the version you are installing is the same as the one installed on the other workstations.
- In addition, make sure all workstations are running either with Workgroup Manager or without Workgroup Manager. To find out whether Workgroup Manager is installed or not, open the Services application and check the menus: if you can see the Workgroup Manager menu, Workgroup Manager is installed.
- Installing additional workstations does not affect the data (projects, ...) in the central file storage folder.
- If you add new users to a new Allplan workstation, do not forget to add them to the Workgroup Manager, too.
- Version 2014 and earlier: if one of the computers also serves as the Allplan server, you cannot use the approach described above to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
In this case, you will see the path to a local folder instead of the central file storage folder.
Use a different computer to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
How can I move NemSLock Server to a new server?
Reinstalling NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock server (for example, 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv). These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. The console can be installed on several workstations. This way, you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
User List Generator
You can use this tool to create the users for NemSLock Server from a text file or based on a server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you need to install the additional temporary license files for NemSLock server after the installation (see below).
Transferring the user administration from the old server (if users are available)
- You can find the user administration in the program folder of the license server. Copy the "users.mcf" file to the program folder of the new license server.
- Stop the license server service on the new server before you copy the file. To do this, start the "stopService.bat" program, which is also in the program folder of the license server.
- After copying, start the license server service again. To do this, use the "startService.bat" program.
Returning the registered licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the old server by clicking the icon on the desktop or Start -> (All) Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server".
- Click "Modules".
- Click "Transfer license permanently".
- Confirm the following dialog boxes. Click “Browse”.Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the hcws-format file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send this file by email to email@example.com.
- We will send you an email, confirming that we have received the licenses.
- You always have to return all licenses.
- After you have done this, they are only valid for two more days.
Registering the license(s) on the new server
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the new license server.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license contains configurations for several seats, read the notes further down.
- Click "Registration request (register.txt)".
- Click "Edit".
- Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request".Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the "register.txt" file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send the registration request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click ”Browse” to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
Configuring the clients
- Now you need to change each client to the new license server.
- Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager.
- If the license server window is hidden, click "Configure NemSLock Server"at the bottom. It is a good idea to lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided. Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.