How can I check out a computer and continue to work as a normal CAD user with my usual settings and permissions?
Install the "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" driver.
This driver is necessary so that network services are running on the computer all the time.
Go to Allplan Connect for a detailed description: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/000162ae.html
Sign in as the Allplan administrator to the computer.
Step 1: add the computer to workgroup manager
You must add the computer to the workgroup so that you can store data (data server) on this computer. Do the following:
Create data folders:
Create a folder - for example, “Nemdata” - on the computer and share it (full control).
Create the “Allplan” subfolder in this folder. Create two subfolders - “usr” and “prj” - in the Allplan folder.
In this example: “...\Nemdata\Allplan\prj” and “...\Nemdata\Allplan\usr”
To share a folder for the Allplan file storage
- Start File Explorer on the computer that you want to use for file storage and switch to the folder that you want to share (in this example, the “Nemdata” folder).
- Right-click the folder that you want to share and select Give access to -> Specific peopleon the shortcut menu.
- Select Everyoneand click Share.
- Start the Services application as the workgroup administrator.
- Click and select Manage computers and projects.
- Click the Add any computer to Allplan workgroupicon and select the computer that you want to add.
- Select the “Allplan” subfolder under the share and click “OK” to confirm. This computer is now listed under workgroup server.
Note:If you have problems adding the computer to workgroup manager, read the following instructions:
Step 2: define project owner
A user can only move a project if the user is the owner of this project.
The ownership of a project can only be changed by an Allplan administrator (or the owner of the project).
Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot ->
Go to the “Projects” node, right-click the required project and click Propertieson the shortcut menu.
Define the owner.
Step 3: move projects
Sign in as the user who wants to check out the computer.
Select the Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Manage computers and projects.
Click the main server and select the project that you want to move.
Drag the projects one after the other to the computer to be checked out.
Important note: You can take projects with you in several ways.
1. You move the project to the computer.
Move project: Drag the project to the destination computer, or open the shortcut menu of the project and click “Cut”. After this, open the shortcut menu of the destination computer and click “Paste”.
After you have checked in the computer, move the project back to the server so that it is available to all and included in backups again.
2. You copy projects. Click a project, select and hold the Ctrl key and drag the project to the destination computer. Or: Open the shortcut menu of the project and click “Copy”. After this, open the shortcut menu of the destination computer and click “Paste”.
You can continue in two ways: Lock the original project on the server to protect it from changes. Consequently, nobody in the office can work on this project, but it is still on the server. When you check in the computer again, you unlock the project on the server, delete the project and copy your copy back to the server if you have changed the project.
Alternatively, both projects remain active. Consequently, both the project copied and the original on the server can be worked on. In this case, however, you must adjust the data manually when you are back in the office by copying the changed drawing files of the projects by using ProjectPilot.
Step 4: check out the computer
Select the Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Manage computers and projects.
Click your computer and then click Check outin the lower-right area.
Confirm the message that tells you that there are still user folders on the computer to be checked out.
Enter a comment and click OK. Users in the office see this comment when they try to access a project that is on the computer that is checked out.
Specify the parts of the office standard you want to copy to the computer and click OK to confirm.
The first time you check out the computer, you must copy the office standard once so that the entire STD folder is on this computer. This is no longer necessary when you check out the computer afterward because the contents of the STD folder do not change very often.
You can now remove the computer from the network and work on your projects when you are out of the office. To make sure that the projects are not changed in the office in the meantime, the projects that are on the computer checked out are locked for the CAD users on the network. These users see the comment you entered when you checked out the computer.
- You can only check out a computer to which you are signed in. You cannot check out another computer over the network.
- Projects on this computer must be neither locked nor in use.
- For installations with license server: You must also borrow a license from the license server for the computer you want to check out.
Description of the Nemetschek Softlock license server:
Description of WiBu license server:
Allplan 2016: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618134322.html
Allplan 2017 and later: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20160523165423.html
How can I give individual users the right to see and select specific seats on the license server? And how can I deny users this right?
Sometimes, it may be necessary that a specific user does not see the seat with, for example, the terrain option so that this user cannot use this seat inadvertently.
Using WebAdmin, you can give users rights for specific seats on the license server.
Please note the following points:
1. Before you start, check that at least CodeMeter Version 6.50 is installed on the license server.
Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen. Enter Codemeter and press ENTER. Select Help -> About to see which version of CodeMeter is installed. If the version displayed is older than version 6.50, you must install the latest version of CodeMeter Control Center. Go to the following website
and download the CodeMeter User Runtime for Windowsprogram.
2. Open WebAdmin. Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server again.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen, enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdminat bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
3. Go to "Configuration -> Server -> License Access Permissions".
Select Mode: Advanced.
4. Go to "Advanced Mode Configuration -> Specific access rules -> Add Firm Code"and select "6000100 - Allplan GmbH". Click Add. "Specific access rules"now inlcude "6000100 - Allplan GmbH".
5. Click "Add Product Code"to select the seat for which you want to define access rights. However, this is only possible if the "Distinction based on Product Item Text" check box is selected.
The "Note" section below in this FAQ lists the abbreviations given at the end of each seat. These abbreviations represent the license contents.
Select the required seat and click "Add" again. Repeat these steps to assign more seats.
6. After having defined the product code, you can now assign an access rule.
By default, all users are allowedto access this seat.
Select the product code you just defined and click "Add new access rule".
Click "User" and enter the required user.
When you click in the field next to "User", you can see all available users with their domain names.
Select the user or enter the user manually. For example, enter DOMAINNAME\SSample and select the right you want to assign to this user by clicking "Allow" or "Deny".
If the default setting is "Allow", you can thus deny users access to the license. If the default setting is "Deny", you can thus allow users to access the license again.
You can add more rules. When you have configured all rules, click "Apply" to apply the changes.
7. You need to restart CodeMeter Service so that the changes take effect.
To do this, select CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Stop CodeMeterServiceand then click Restart CodeMeter Service.Before you restart the service, make sure all users have closed Allplan.
Client access can be defined by one of the following parameters: computer name, IPv4 subnet, user name or group name.
Enter the required parameter in the corresponding field. If you use an active directory, the program auto-completes entries in the "User" and "Group" fields.
Here comes a practical example:
Think about which setting is most useful to you. For example, you have two seats: seat 01 with 7 architecture licenses and seat 02 with 1 architecture license and 1 terrain license. Only two specific users should be able to use seat 02. If you want to deny all other users access to seat 02, you need to add seat 02 to specific access rules and define a rule for this seat 02. First, set the default setting to "Deny". Then, add these two users and select or "Allow" for these users. As a result, all other users can only see seat 01 and these two users can see seats 01 and 02.
However, if you want that these two users can only see seat 02, you need to add both seats to specific access rules and define a second rule for seat 01. Add these two users to this second role and select Deny for these two users. The default setting, which applies to all the other users, is still Allow. As a result, all other users can see seat 01 and these two users can only see seat 02.
The following abbreviations are used:
K Key Plan
M Bridge Modeler
L Cadastral plans for conduits
S Language option
A Architecture option
E Engineering option
Here are some examples:
"Allplan Architecture 2017”
Architecture + Terrain
"Allplan Architecture 2017 T"
Architecture + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 M"
Architecture + Terrain + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 TM"
How can I copy bar reinforcement including views and sections created with the tools in the "Associative Views" module if, for example, I want to use slab reinforcement for another floor?
I want to place the copied reinforcement and the views in new, separate drawing files and then adjust the reinforcement, keeping the layout of the copied sections. Only the changes in the copied reinforcement should automatically be added to the sections.
First, open ProjectPilot (File -> ProjectPilot) and copy the drawing files with the reinforcement and the drawing file with the associative views and sections to new drawing files. ProjectPilot asks you whether you want to copy the linked drawing files as well. Click No.
If there are views or sections containing only data you do not want to move (for example, only model data), select Create -> Engineering Views, Details -> Associative Views -> Add to Viewand add the data you want to move (for example, reinforcement) to these views or sections. You can remove the data later.
The copied drawing files still reference the original drawing files. The next step is to delete those references.
To do this, open the drawing files you just copied. Select Change -> Engineering Views, Details -> Associative Views -> Manage Reference Drawing Filesand remove the references to the source drawing files.
When you have removed all links to drawing files you do not want to move, select the new drawing files with the views and the reinforcement.
Select all data by pressing <CTRL>+A and move the data as you need.
You can move the data in the X, Y and Z directions in plan or define any spatial displacement in isometric view.
You can then add the associated model data to the views and adjust the reinforcement.
Once deleted, you cannot restore any references to drawing files. Therefore, make sure you delete the right references. Allplan deletes empty views or sections automatically.
How can I remove NemSLock completely from a computer?
Do the following:
- Uninstall Softlock 2006 by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
Select "Nemetschek SoftLock 2006" and then click "Uninstall/Change". Select "Remove" -> Next -> Yes.
- Extract the "NSLFixer2006.zip" file attached and copy it to any folder on your computer. If your email provider or firewall software has blocked this file, you can also download it from our webdrive. Use this link:
The tool "NSLFixer2006.exe" is under Allgemein/Nemslock
(click on the right hand side next to file size on the three dots and chose 'herunterladen')
- Start NSLFixer2006.exe by double-clicking it.
If you are running Windows Vista or a newer operating system, click the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator". Confirm the following message.
- Create the key by clicking "Generate/Enter a key" (1).
- Select the line to the right of "Generate/Enter a key" (2), "1F02E74917D3F6E7348C1F02E74917D35E2599A254864A233C549A25ADD2EDFD", for example, and press "Ctrl+C". Paste this key into an email and send it to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- We will send you another key. Please copy this key to the second line (3). If you need to restart the program, paste the key you created into the first line (see step 3, do not click "Generate/Enter a key" again!). Then click "Validate twin key" (4). After you have done this, you should see the following message: "System cleaned. Reinstall NemSLock".
- Update your current Allplan version. Use the temporary license file ("psd" can be found in its file name). You can also find your current temporary licenses at www.connect.allplan.com. Go to "Profile -> License administration".
Students should use the Allplan Setup program which they can download from Allplan Campus (http://www.allplan-campus.com -> log on -> select "Software" at the top -> download Allplan). Use the trial license provided by Setup.
After this, request a new license by sending a new registration request (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
If you work with a license server, reconnect the client with the server.
I cannot see Allplan Share projects in the library. How can I still select these projects?
Open an Allplan Share project and do the following:
1. Select the required Allplan Share project and copy its path. To do this, right-click the path and select “Copy folder name”.
2. Open the library.
3. Select the external path.
4. Click “Add path” in the lower-left corner of the palette, enter the name of the project and select the Enter key.
5. The “Change location” dialog box opens. Paste the path you copied to the clipboard.
You can now find the Allplan Share project in the “External path” folder of the library.