How can I change the cache path for Allplan Share?
You do this at your own risk.
We strongly recommend that you clarify all issues in advance.
Always copy a file before you change it.
Before you change registry entries, back up the registry key that you want to modify. To do this, export the key by selecting File - Export in the Registry Editor.
Allplan Share temporarily saves the project data in the path of the local file storage, which you defined when you installed Allplan.
You can see the path of the local file storage folder in the Services application.
If this folder is centrally on a server for all Allplan workstations:
To avoid replication conflicts that might occur when several users work on the same project data, you must change the path settings for each user so that this folder is locally on the user’s computer running Allplan.
Before you start, close Allplan, making sure that you do not lose any data.
- Go to a local drive (C or D) of the computer running Allplan and create the new "Local data” folder with the "Allplan” subfolder (for example, C:\Local data\Allplan).
- Start the Windows Registry Editor as the administrator (start - run - regedit).
- Go to the left column of Registry Editor and open the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\Allplan\2018.0\InstallRoot. If Allplan 2019 or a newer Allplan version is installed, “2019.0“ or the newer version replaces “2018.0” in the path.
- Go to the right column of Registry Editor and double-click theLocalDataDrivekey. Specify the drive that you selected for local file storage (for example, C:). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change.
- Then, go to the right column of Registry Editor again and double-click theLocalDataPathkey. Specify the path that you defined for local file storage (for example,\Local Data\Allplan). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change. The result should look like this:
- Close the Registry Editor. Allplan now uses the new path for the cache of Allplan Share.
- Start Allplan and select the Allplan Share project to load the necessary project data into the new cache.
The original FAQ contains pictures. Use the PDF link to get the complete presentation.
What does this error message mean and how can I fix it? How can I change the
path and switch from server to local?
For the use of Allplan Share, a defined path for the "LocaldataPath" is used
for the temporary storage of the project data to be edited. In Allplan 2021, a
default setting was made so that the LocaldataPath should always be in the
Windows user folder. However, for customers who place their users on the
server, this causes the problem that 80 characters are exceeded.
Since hotfix 2021-0-3 there is a possibility to change this path to local by
creating a registry entry.
The procedure described below is done at your own risk.
Questions about this should be clarified before the practical implementation.
Always make a copy of a file before making any changes to it.
Before changing registry entries, create a backup of the registry key to be
modified by exporting the key in the registry editor under File->export.
We recommend that you have this work done by an experienced technician.
After you have installed at least version 2021-0-3 of Allplan, proceed as
Be sure to exit Allplan before making the change to prevent data loss and
On a local C: or D: drive of the computer used for Allplan, create a new folder
with the name "Local data" and the subfolder "Allplan" (e.g. C:\Local
In Windows, as an administrator, start the Windows Registry Editor (Start->
Run-> Regedit) .
In the registry, in the left column, open the key:
In the right window, right-click and select New -> String Value. Create a
string value with the names LocalDataDrive and a string value with the name
Now activate the edit mode for the "LocalDataDrive" key in the right column of
the registry editor by double-clicking the left mouse button and enter here
only the drive you have chosen for the local file storage (e.g. C: ) and
confirm the change with "OK". Thus the change is taken over in the registration
Then activate the edit mode for the "LocalDataPath" key in the right column of
the registry editor by double-clicking the left mouse button and enter the
additional path defined for the local file storage (e.g. \LocalDataPath ) and
confirm the change with "OK". The change will be applied to the registry
editor. The result should look as follows:
Close the registration editor. Allplan now uses the newly defined path for the
Allplan Share cache.
Restart the Allmenu and you will see the local path displayed there.
How can I speed up installation and the process of opening dialog boxes in Allplan?
Change a setting on the Control Panel:
Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> (Advanced tab) -> Settings -> Security -> Check for publisher's certificate revocation -> clear this check box -> OK
Allplan is certified for Microsoft Windows 7 and has the "Compatible with Windows 7" logo. This certificate guarantees higher security and reliability but requires special programming such as signing DLLs.
When these components are accessed, the program checks whether the publisher's certificate is still valid.
This requires that the relevant computer is connected to the Internet. If this is not so, you can switch this option off.
This boosts performance.
Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at