How can I remove NemSLock completely from a computer?
Do the following:
- Uninstall Softlock 2006 by clicking Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
Select "Nemetschek SoftLock 2006" and then click "Uninstall/Change". Select "Remove" -> Next -> Yes.
- Extract the "NSLFixer2006.zip" file attached and copy it to any folder on your computer. If your email provider or firewall software has blocked this file, you can also download it from our webdrive. Use this link:
The tool "NSLFixer2006.exe" is under Allgemein/Nemslock
(click on the right hand side next to file size on the three dots and chose 'herunterladen')
- Start NSLFixer2006.exe by double-clicking it.
If you are running Windows Vista or a newer operating system, click the program with the right mouse button and select "Run as administrator". Confirm the following message.
- Create the key by clicking "Generate/Enter a key" (1).
- Select the line to the right of "Generate/Enter a key" (2), "1F02E74917D3F6E7348C1F02E74917D35E2599A254864A233C549A25ADD2EDFD", for example, and press "Ctrl+C". Paste this key into an email and send it to "email@example.com".
- We will send you another key. Please copy this key to the second line (3). If you need to restart the program, paste the key you created into the first line (see step 3, do not click "Generate/Enter a key" again!). Then click "Validate twin key" (4). After you have done this, you should see the following message: "System cleaned. Reinstall NemSLock".
- Update your current Allplan version. Use the temporary license file ("psd" can be found in its file name). You can also find your current temporary licenses at www.connect.allplan.com. Go to "Profile -> License administration".
Students should use the Allplan Setup program which they can download from Allplan Campus (http://www.allplan-campus.com -> log on -> select "Software" at the top -> download Allplan). Use the trial license provided by Setup.
After this, request a new license by sending a new registration request (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
If you work with a license server, reconnect the client with the server.
How can I make several computers use the same license server settings?
The settings are saved in two files:
- Lic3LM.ini in C:\ProgramData\Nemetschek
- Lic3.ini in C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek. To access this user-specific file, use %appdata%/Nemetschek, for example.
Lic3LM.ini in C:\ProgramData\Nemetschek:
This file includes information on server selection, that is to say, the server name and information on whether the ‘Find license server automatically’ option is selected.
What do the values mean?
- UseWibuList=yes: find license server automatically
- UseWibuList=no: do not find license server automatically
- Server=[server_name]: name of license server
In this example, the computer is connected with the ‘Server01’ server and the ‘Find license server automatically’ option is selected.
Lic3.ini in C:\Users\[Benutzername]\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek:
This file includes information on which license is preferred or blocked.
What do the values mean?
- 0: license is not selected
- 100: license is preferred
- -100: license is blocked
In this example, seat 24 is selected (preferred) and seat 23 is not selected.
Use the Services application -> Utilities -> License settings to create these two files with the required settings on one computer.
You can then transfer these two files to the other computers, thus avoiding incorrect entries.
How can I move NemSLock Server to a new server?
Reinstalling NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock server (for example, 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv). These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. The console can be installed on several workstations. This way, you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
User List Generator
You can use this tool to create the users for NemSLock Server from a text file or based on a server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you need to install the additional temporary license files for NemSLock server after the installation (see below).
Transferring the user administration from the old server (if users are available)
- You can find the user administration in the program folder of the license server. Copy the "users.mcf" file to the program folder of the new license server.
- Stop the license server service on the new server before you copy the file. To do this, start the "stopService.bat" program, which is also in the program folder of the license server.
- After copying, start the license server service again. To do this, use the "startService.bat" program.
Returning the registered licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the old server by clicking the icon on the desktop or Start -> (All) Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server".
- Click "Modules".
- Click "Transfer license permanently".
- Confirm the following dialog boxes. Click “Browse”.Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the hcws-format file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send this file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will send you an email, confirming that we have received the licenses.
- You always have to return all licenses.
- After you have done this, they are only valid for two more days.
Registering the license(s) on the new server
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console on the new license server.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license contains configurations for several seats, read the notes further down.
- Click "Registration request (register.txt)".
- Click "Edit".
- Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request".Windows Explorer starts and opens the folder with the "register.txt" file. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.Send the registration request by email to email@example.com.
If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click ”Browse” to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
Configuring the clients
- Now you need to change each client to the new license server.
- Click Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager.
- If the license server window is hidden, click "Configure NemSLock Server"at the bottom. It is a good idea to lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided. Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.
How can I install additional Allplan workstations on an existing network (with or without Workgroup Manager)?
Before you install the additional workstations, find out the path to the central file storage folder on a computer where Allplan has already been installed. Open the Services application on this computer. The Services application window shows the path to the central file storage folder.
Enter this path when Setup prompts you to specify the central file storage folder.
Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
- Make sure the version you are installing is the same as the one installed on the other workstations.
- In addition, make sure all workstations are running either with Workgroup Manager or without Workgroup Manager. To find out whether Workgroup Manager is installed or not, open the Services application and check the menus: if you can see the Workgroup Manager menu, Workgroup Manager is installed.
- Installing additional workstations does not affect the data (projects, ...) in the central file storage folder.
- If you add new users to a new Allplan workstation, do not forget to add them to the Workgroup Manager, too.
- Version 2014 and earlier: if one of the computers also serves as the Allplan server, you cannot use the approach described above to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
In this case, you will see the path to a local folder instead of the central file storage folder.
Use a different computer to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
I have received a license for my dongle. How can I install this license?
1. License on hard disk (or network drive)
Copy the license files to any folder, for example, C:\License, and select this folder when you install the license.
a. During setup
While installing Allplan, select the 'License file from any folder' option and choose the folder with the license files.
b. Installing a license later
To install the license, select
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> Install HARDLOCK License
A dialog box appears. Select the folder with the license files.
2. License by email
If you have received the license by email, save the attachment to any folder, for example, C:\License, and proceed as described in step 1.
If the licenses are compressed (*.zip), extract them first using an appropriate program, such as Winzip (www.winzip.de).
3. License on storage medium (CD or USB stick)
You can also copy the license files to a storage medium (USB stick, for example) or write them to a CD and then proceed as described in step 1b.
- If you have received a license for a license server, read the instructions in the documents for the license server. If any questions arise, contact technical support.
- Keep the license in a safe place as you may need it for future installations or if there are problems.
- Make sure you install the license that is appropriate to the dongle you use, as each license matches only a single dongle. time.
- Setup needs to access the license file(s) during the entire installation process. It is therefore not possible to read the license file(s) from a CD and then remove this CD during installation. You are advised to copy the license file(s) to a folder on the hard disk.
How can I activate my licenses for Allplan Online products and assign these licenses to other people?
1. Components required
Internet connection and internet browser
2. Purchasing licenses
You can purchase Allplan Online products in two ways.
2.1 Allplan Shop (shop.allplan.com)
Allplan Options, Bimplus Options
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Online product to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Online product.
After you have bought the Allplan Online product, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
2.2 Contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3. Assigning licenses
You can manage your licenses for the Allplan Online product in the Allplan Shop. Go to the “Subscriptions and User” area. As an alternative, you can also use the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the “Team members” area.
3.1 Sign in to the Allplan Shop or the Bimplus portal.
• Allplan Shop: Select “My Account” - “Subscriptions and Users”.
• Bimplus portal: Select “Team members”.
3.2 Select the Allplan Online product.
3.3 You can now assign one or more Allplan Online product licenses to team members. Select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign an Allplan Online product license, click “Invite new Bimplus team member”, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
Important: Do not assign the role of team administrator to a new team member unless this is absolutely necessary. A team administrator has more rights than a project administrator. You can define project administrators in the Bimplus project and user management.
You can find the new team member in the list as soon as this new team member has accepted the invitation.
4. Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Online products are cloud-based solutions. Therefore, the Bimplus user management is used for project collaboration.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. You must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members also want to use Allplan Online products, you must assign an Allplan Online product license to each project member (see “Assigning licenses”).
You would like to export your Allplan 3D animation model and present it to somebody who does not work with Allplan.
Install a plug-in for Internet Explorer on the computer where you want to view the 3D data. Using this plug-in, you can open VRML files.
Plug-ins of this kind can be found on the Internet. Visit the website of Parallelgraphics, for example.
This plug-in is available for the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape Browser 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Opera 8.5 or later versions.
Open an animation window in Allplan.
Select File->Export ->Export to Cinema 4D/VRML/3DS/U3Dand save the data under any name in Windows Explorer.
It is advisable to save the file in an empty folder as the textures used in Allplan are copied together with the VRM fileto this folder.
You can then view the VRML file in Internet Explorer. All you need to do is double-click it. The functions provided for navigating and zooming are similar to those you can use in Allplan's animation window.
The Export 3D PDFtool is provided on the animation window's shortcut menu in Allplan 2008 and later versions. You can use Adobe Reader Version 2008 and later to view PDF files created in this manner.
I purchased a new license and received a Product Key for Allplan. However, I work with an earlier Allplan version. How can I install and license Allplan 2015 or an earlier version despite the new license?
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Since then licensing has been based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock (NemSLock) or hardlocks with Allplan. For running Allplan, you get a Product Key by email. Using this key, you can activate your license online.
This new license is not downward compatible. Consequently, you cannot use it for earlier Allplan versions.
For licensing earlier versions, you require the Client ID and CD Key. You can find this information in the delivery note or invoice. Instead of a temporary license, use the appropriate trial license to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version. Then generate a registration request to license and activate the modules you purchased.
If you use a license server for which you purchased an additional license, please read the separate document or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will show you how to add the new license to the license server.
If you want to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version, use a trial license to install the version you need.
Make sure the Allplan version you install is always up-to-date. In other words, it should include the latest hotfixes and service releases.
You can download the current Allplan version from Allplan Connect or the FTP server.
1. Install Allplan with a trial license
Install Allplan. In the 'Select License Information' dialog box, choose 'Trial license for temporary use' and select the license for 'Architecture' or 'Engineering'.
Important: If you work with Workgroup Manager, select 'Different trial license' -> 'Next'. Open the Workgroup folder for your country and select the appropriate license. Then follow the instructions and install Allplan. Make sure you enter the paths correctly.
2. Request a license registered for your computer
The trial license is valid for 30 days. It is not personalized.
Consequently, you have to enter your personal data manually when generating the registration request.
You can find the required Client ID and CD Key in the delivery note or invoice.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open the License Manager (Service application -> Utilities- > License -> License Manager).
Select the license entry for your seat and click 'Request license'. Please follow the instructions displayed on screen.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. The system will issue an appropriate message. Close NemSLock License Manager and start the Services application again. To do this, click the Services desktop icon with the right mouse button and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
Enter the necessary details:
The Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF).
For the Client ID, enter your customer number. You can find your customer number in the letteror delivery notethat came with Allplan.
For the CD Key, enter your CD Key, which you can also find in the letter or delivery note. Make sure you use small letters and capital letters accordingly.
Note:You can find the Client ID and CD Key at top left in the delivery note. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Fill out all the fields. Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Click Next >
For the seat, change the number 94 to the license you purchased, for example, 02, 03 or 04.
Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read.
3. Installing the license file
Shortly after we received the registration request, we will send you the final license file to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license by double-clicking the license file ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" and then "Browse..." to select the license.
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
- Your registered license is displayed in the License Manager. Clear the check box for the trial license (for example, seat 94 or 98). Make sure your registered license is the only license that is selected.
An error occurs during installation of hotfix 2015-1-11 or later. What can I do?
To install this and future Allplan 2015 hotfixes using auto-update, you must update the installation service. Requirement: Allplan 2015-1-10 is installed.
1. You can find a batch file attached to this FAQ. Save and extract this file and execute it on every Allplan workstation (right-click this file -> select "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu...). The batch file looks for the "InstallAULService.exe" file in the local PRG folder of the Allplan installation and runs it as the administrator. This updates the installation service.
Be careful: this requires administrator privileges.
If your e-mail program blocks this file, you can also download it from our FTP server.
Enter the following address in WindowsExplorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
2. Auto-update should now work as usual.
As an alternative, you can also install the full version of Allplan 1/12/2015. This also updates the installation service.
You can download the full version fromhttps://connect.allplan.com/deor from our FTP server:
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
Download the corresponding ZIP file and extract it. Right-click the exe file and start it using "Run as administrator".
Install the update.