How can I install a license for the following programs?
- Allplan BCM Building Costs (formerly Allright)
- Allplan BCM Construction Cost
- Allplan BCM Quantities
- BOS (BuildingOfficeSystem)
1) You want to install the program for the first time or upgrade it. -> Option 1)
2) You have already installed or upgraded the program; now all that remains is to install a current license. --> Option 2)
If we sent you a ZIP file or you downloaded one from the Serviceplus portal, save this file to your computer.
Extract the data in a folder of your choice.
The license contains the following files:
- Npsrequ.dat (optional)
- Install the program.
- Setup prompts you to specify the license. Specify the folder where you saved the license data mentioned above.
- Continue to install the program. After the installation, you can start the program without having to install another license.
To install the latest license, you do not need to install the program from scratch. Just install the license data.
Do the following:
- CloseallAllplan BCM applications that are running on your computer and on any other computer on the network.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Open the folder with the data in Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the Setup.exefile.
- The license will be installed automatically.
- If you purchased the Tenderer module, you must install the license on each computer. Otherwise, it is enough if you install the license on any computer just once.
If you have problems, send us the exact wording of the error message and the license data (all the files of the ZIP file).
You can send the data by email to email@example.com.
What can I do if Allplan starts as a viewer only and I have to install a new hardlock driver?
Install the latest hardlock driver.
How to install:
Use the following link to download the driver:
The driver for Windows 7 and 8.1 is in the following folder.
If you are using Windows 10 then use the driver under the folder:
Extract and save the 'haspdinst.exe' file to any folder, for example, c:\drivers. Then open the command prompt:
Right-click Start (Windows button) -> Command Prompt (Admin)
Switch to the folder where you saved the file. To do this, type in "cd c:\drivers".
To remove the old drivers, enter the following command:
Next, install the new driver:
If you use a parallel hardlock, read the following instructions:
This document provides additional information on installing Allplan 2021.
We strongly recommend that you perform a complete data backup and archive this data before you upgrade to Allplan 2021!
Detailed installation instructions can be found in the following places:
- If you have downloaded and unpacked Allplan 2021, you will find the file install.chm in the folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Allplan 2021\HelpFiles\English
Please read these before installing Allplan 2021.
System requirements Allplan 2021
Licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2021
Extract from the installation instructions (see above)
If you want to switch from Allplan 2018/2019/2020 to Allplan 2021, you have three basic installation options.
1. New installation
Allplan 2021 is installed in a new folder. Any existing installations of Allplan (2020 or older) are not affected. No data and settings are transferred to the new installation.
The following options are available for transferring data later:
Uninstall Allplan 2021 and then upgrade Allplan 2018/2019/2020.
Integrating the data by hand (administrator knowledge required).
2. New installation with data copy from version
Allplan 2021 is installed in a new folder. Any existing installations of Allplan (2020 or older) are not affected. The office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) can be automatically copied from an existing version 2018/2019/2020 to the new installation folder.
In this way, you can create a duplicate dataset if necessary: all projects, standards and resources can be used in both Allplan 2021 and 2018/2019/2020. This allows you to test the transition to the new version in real life, while the existing Allplan installation remains fully functional.
Note, however, that this method of working should avoid parallel processing of data in both installations, as the subsequent merging is time-consuming.
2a. Continuation of new installation with data copy from version
This option is available if a new installation with data copy has already been performed on another computer accessing the same data server and therefore the data has already been transferred.
3. Upgrade with data transfer from version 2018/2019/2020
Allplan 2021 is installed in an existing folder. The existing installation of Allplan 2018/2019/2020 is converted to Allplan 2021 and all important settings are transferred (see also Limitations for Data Transfer). Allplan 2018/2019/2020 is then no longer available.
Any existing installations older than Allplan 2018 are not affected.
For network installations (shared 'central file storage folder'), only one main release version can be used - all workstations must be brought to Allplan 2021. Before starting the installation, make sure that all workstations have upgrade authorization. A mixed installation of different main versions is not technically approved. Complications that may arise are not covered by the maintenance contracts.
During the upgrade, no workstation may be running any version 2020, 2019 or 2018.
In case of an installation with Workgroupmanager all workstations must be checked in during the upgrade.
Data from older Allplan versions must be converted to version 2021. This happens automatically for projects opened in Allplan 2021. For instructions on how to convert all projects at once, click here:
I installed Allplan with Workgroup Manager on a new computer for the first time. When I start Allplan, I get the following message: The user profile "DOMAIN\user name" was not found. Temporarily, the profile of local will be used.
Therefore, I cannot access any project. What can I do?
You have logged in to the computer with a new Windows user who does not yet exist in Workgroup Manager administration of Allplan.
You need to add this new user to Workgroup Manager. To do this, log in as the administrator to the computer or use a different computer where a user has administrator privileges for Workgroup Manager.
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administrate users -> right-click -> Create user
For the "user name", you can enter any Allplan user name, which can be up to 8 characters long.
For the "Windows user name", you must enter the name the user uses for login.
Important: If the user uses a domain for login, you must add it to the "Windows user name", for example, DOMAIN\user.
There is one Allplan administrator and any number of normal Allplan users.
A Windows user with any login name becomes an Allplan administrator if you go to "User group" and
select "Administrator"on the dropdown menu. Using this approach, you can also assign administration privileges to existing users.
You must enter the email address and the password only if the user is notpart of the workgroup but needs access to online projects (Workgroup Online).
Important: Click "Apply" and then "OK" to close the dialog box and the user overview respectively.
After you have created the user as an Allplan user, do not forget to assign the relevant projects to this user. Otherwise, this user is not allowed to edit the projects.
To find out how to
make several projects available to users: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/0001cbd2.html
I can neither check in nor check out the computer.
When I try to check in the computer, the following error message appears: “The registry entries are not correct!” How can I correct this error?
There is a hidden file on the server. This file causes the problem, which is probably related to user rights or user account control.
You have to change the settings directly on the server, that is so say, you have to use the folder options to show all hidden folders and files.
1. Open the central file storage folder on the server. There is a subordinate folder called
NET. This folder contains the computer_name.out file. Here, computer_name is the name of the computer that is checked out.
Delete this file.
2. Open the shared folder (for example, C:\Nemdata\Allplan) on the computer that is checked out.
Allplan 2015 and earlier: Delete the Net.ChkOutfolder.
Allplan 2016 and later: Delete the NETfolder.
Now the computer is checked in again. Consequently, you can move projects to this computer
or check it out once more.
If the computer or the projects are still red, you have to fix the projects.
To fix the projects:
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administer projects and computers
Do the following:
Ctrl + right-click computer-> can be checked in
Ctrl + right-click project-> can be unlocked
Repeat this step to unlock every project on the computer.
When you have finished, close the dialog box and open it again to update it.
Now everything should be correct.
Does Allplan create backup files (*.bak)?
How can I use these files?
Allplan creates backup files when you do the following:
- Copy, Move Elements between Documents …
Allplan creates a backup file of the destination drawing file or layout.
- Deleting drawing files and layoutsin the "Open on a project-specific basis" dialog box
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file or layout.
- Importing data to drawing files
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file.
Note on points 2 and 3:
To select the "Create backup copies of drawing files" option, click
Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Save/load area (until V2009 Global Options -> Miscellaneous -> Autosave, Backup)->Create backup copies of drawing files.
If need be, you can restore the original drawing file or layout.
Make a note of the drawing file number or layout number and determine the corresponding project folder as follows:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro
Open this folder in Windows Explorer.
Rename the corresponding drawing file "tb000001.ndw" "tb000001.ndw.old" or the corresponding layout "pb000001.000" "pb000001.000.old.", for example.
Delete the bak extension from the corresponding bak file.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to drawing file 4711.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file tb004711.ndw or rename it tb004711.ndw.old.
3rd step: find file tb004711.ndw.bak and rename it tb004711.ndw.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to layout 815.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file pb000815.000 or rename it pb000815.000.old.
3rd step: find file pb000815.000.bak and rename it pb000815.000.
These backup files can considerably increase the volume of data to be backed up. So it is a good idea to delete the .bak files you no longer require before you start backing up data. To delete the .bak files, you can select the Services application and click Utilities -> Delete temporary files.
You can also find this information in the help for Allplan. Please refer to the topic "Using bak files".
What can I do if Allplan no longer starts after I have upgraded and the following messages appear?
After this, Quality Reporter displays an error report.
Exit Allplan on all workstations and do the following:
Open the Services application and make a note of the path to the 'central file storage folder', which is displayed in the Services application window.
In addition, check whether the workgroup manager line is followed by 'Yes' or 'No'.
Open the central file storage folder in Windows Explorer.
If the workgroup manager line is followed by
'Yes', open the NET subfolder.
'No', open the PRJ subfolder.
Find the 'project.dat' or 'project.Dat.xm' file in the NET or PRJ folder and rename it 'project-old.dat'.
After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> OK -> Restore project management file -> OK
The program creates a new, correct project management file and you can start Allplan again.
If you come across error messages while doing this, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Describe exactly what you did before the error or crash occurred.
- The error message itself (as a screenshot).
- The log file (trace).
- A Hotinfo support request with question 01.
How can I restore a lost building structure or layout structure?
To restore a lost or corrupt building structure or layout structure, you can do the following:
- Close Allplan.
- Open Windows Explorer, go to the central file storage folder of Allplan and open the "Prj"folder. Open the corresponding project folder and the "BIM" subfolder.
If the "Same folder name as project name" option is not selected for the project, a number is used for the folder name in the "Prj"folder. In this case, open the Services applicationand select the woprohotline tool (Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro). Select the corresponding project by double-clicking its name. An information dialog box shows the folder and file name of the project.
- You can find an XML file for each structure in the BIM subfolder.
Objects derived from building structure:
Allplan_BIM_LevMo_"name of model".xml
- To restore the building structure from a backup, rename the existing file "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml" "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.old", for example.
- Switch to the "Backup"folder, which you can also find in the"BIM"folder.
- Select the most recent file that had been created beforethe building structure was deleted, for example, "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.27.5.2008--10-32-21.bak". The characters in bold indicate the date and time of the backup. Copy this file to the "BIM"folder.
- Rename this file by deleting the characters after ".xml". Now the file name is "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml".
- Restart Allplan. The last version of the building structure is displayed in the "Open on a project-specific basis"dialog box again.
Using Allplan 2009-2 and later, you can restore the layout structure from a *.bak file straight from the "Open on a project-specific basis: layouts"dialog box.
- Right-click the topmost structural level in the layout structure (project name) and select Load layout structure favoriteon the shortcut menu.
- Open the last version of the Allplan_BIM_LayoutStructure.xml file in the backup folder mentioned above.
If the *.bak files are not displayed, please follow the steps described above.
Why does ProjectPilot open with the following error message:
"Unable to create ProjectPilot control. Is the registry correct?"
The reason for this is usually an "external path" that no longer exists. When you start ProjectPilot,
the program tries to access the "external path", which is stored in the Windows Registry.
If this path no longer exists, you will see the above error message.
To correct this error, please do the following:
- Services application
- Service menu
- Windows Explorer - CAD program folder
- The path to the "User folder" is displayed in the window of the Services application. Open it in Windows Explorer.
- Find the "extern.cfg"file in this user folder and delete this file.
Now try to start ProjectPilotagain. If the problem still occurs, please do the following:
Start the services application -> Service -> Windows Explorer -> CAD program folder.
Open the "PRG" folder.
Find the following file: "NemProjectPilot10.exe"
Right-click this file -> select "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
ProjectPilot should now start.
Try to start ProjectPilotstraight from Allplan. If the problem is still not solved, please do the following:
- Services application
- Service menu
- Windows Explorer - CAD program folder
- The Allplan program folder opens.
- Rename the "PRG" subfolder "PRG_OLD".
- Start installing the program from the current Allplan DVD.
- Select "Update installation".
- Select "Current license file".
- Set the setup type to "Minimum".
After installation try to start ProjectPilotagain.
I have installed a Windows update. Now the license is no longer available.
When I start Allplan, I can see the following error message: "This license is no longer available" or "CmActLicense runtime system is not installed!" How can I restore the license?
CodeMeter Control Center always saves the license to a container with the number Allplan GmbH 128-XXXXXXX on your computer.
Start CodeMeter Control Center:
Open the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen and enter Codemeter.
Check the Licenses area to see whether there is the following container: Allplan GmbH 128-XXXXXXX.
The container must have a blue-green symbol and not a red symbol
Work through the following steps:
Step 1 Restart CodeMeterService
The local Windows service, which is used by licensing, must be running.
Restart this service:
CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Start CodeMeter Service
If the service is running, stop it and restart it.
Now check whether the Allplan GmbH 128-XXXXXXX container is displayed.
If this has solved your problem, all you need to do is exclude Codemeter from virus scans as described in the following document: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20151209133620.html
If the container is still not visible, go to step 2.
Step 2 Contact Support
Send the following information for analysis by e-mail to email@example.com:
If the container is not displayed, or is still displayed with a red symbol, please send us
1. a screenshot of the Codemeter Control Center. License tab.
Either found in the Windows Start menu via CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. Or enter Codemeter in the search bar on the start page.
2. the computer name from which the screenshot was taken. (can be found on the start page of the Allmenu->second line "Computer Name")
3. the license/workstation number, or the product key used