How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.
After I have installed Allplan, the program no longer accepts the parallel dongle connected to the computer. Allplan starts as a viewer.
What can I do?
The dongle query changed with Allplan 2013. The dongles causing these problems are usually parallel dongles that are connected to a port (LPT3) that was added later.
Determine the I/O range of the LPT port:
Open the Control Panel and then the Device Manager.
- Select "Ports -> ECP Printer Port" for a direct parallel port.
- Select "Multifunction adapter" and the corresponding port for a parallel adapter (e.g., SUNIX).
Properties -> Resources
Note down the first value in the first line below resource settings.
|I/O range||0378 – 037F|
|I/O range||0778 – 077F|
In this example, the value is 0378.
Open Allplan's license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Settings
License check tab -> Specify searching order ... (or environment variable...)
Enter theI/O value followed by a "p"in the "HL_SEARCH=..." box. For example,
Click "OK" and then "Apply".
How can I export and import projects using Allplan Building Costs?
The following FAQ describes this topic only briefly.
For detailed information, please refer to the help by clicking Help -> Contents and Index:
Backing up data and archiving projects -> Backing up and archiving projects using archive administration -> Backing up projects
If you have received data from us or if you send data to us, please read the 'Important information' section at the end of this FAQ!
- SelectProject data -->Archive...; the Archive Administration dialog box opens.
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- Please make sure that Formatis set to Archive (version 4.0 and later).You can find this setting at bottom right.
- Select the project you want to archive in the list box on the left.
- ClickArchive projectto start backing up the data.
- The project appears in the list box on the right.
- As a result, the program has created an XXX.arafile.
- StartAllplan Building Costs.
- SelectProject data -->Archive...
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- The project appears in the list box on the right; select it and click Restore archive.
- If the program asks whether you want to create a copy, you are advised to do this to protect existing data.
- The project appears in the list box on the left; you can now edit it.
You can use this type of archiving to back up project data. Please note that this backup does not contain the complete database!
This type of archiving is very useful if you want to transfer data to technical support.
If you send a project, please do not forget to provide us with a detailed description of the problem.
This description should include the following information:
- Program and version
- When does the error occur? Or what did you do when the error occurred?
- What does the error message say? A screenshot would be very helpful.
(Pressing the Printkey copies the current contents of the screen to the Clipboard. Using CTRL+V, you can paste this screenshot into a Word document, save this file and send it to us.)
- Office name or customer number and telephone number so that we can contact you.
We kindly ask you not to make any changes in the project in the meantime.
A note on fixed projects:
Please do not copy any data from a corrupt project to a fixed project as this may transfer the corrupt data to your current project!
How can I move NemSLock License Server to a new server?
If you want to run NemSLock 2006 Server on a different or new server, you first need to render the license ineffective. For this, you still require the old server. After this, you need to contact Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH in order to activate the license for the new server.
As soon as you return the license, the status of the existing license is set to trial for 48 hours; then it will expire.
Note:Transfer the license to the new server while the old server is still available.
Do the following:
- At the new server:install NemSLock 2006 Server with the temporary license files provided with the program.
- At the clients:Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- At the old server:return the license(s). Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console, click "Stop server", switch to "Modules" and click "Transfer license permanently". Then select "Next" and "Create". Click the "Send" button to send the .hwchs file you just created to "firstname.lastname@example.org" (provided an email program is installed and configured on this server). Otherwise, click "Browse" to open the folder with the .hwchs file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use any computer to send this file to the address mentioned above.
Finally, click "Start server". The existing licenses are valid for two more days.
- At the clients:for the time being the clients can continue to work with the old license server.
- At the new server:After a few minutes, our server will send you an email confirming that the licenses have been returned. Now you can generate registration requests for all licenses. Next, install the licenses.
- At the clients:Now you can switch the clients one after the other to the new server. To do this, open the License Manager by clicking Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek Softlock 2006 -> License Manager.
To transfer the existing users to the new server, back up the Users.mcf file, which you can find in the program folder of NemSLock 2006 Server, and copy this file to the new server after the installation. Prior to copying the file, stop the "NemSLock Server 2006" Windows service, copy the file to the program folder and start this service again.
What license issues do I need to consider when upgrading from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017?
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Since then licensing has been based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. Allplan 2017 uses this protection system, too.
1. Upgrading stand-alone workstations
1a. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2016
The license for Allplan 2017 updates automatically. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'Use active license'.
Follow the installation instructions.
Note: The licenses only update automatically when you upgrade. To install Allplan 2017 on a new computer, please read the following instructions: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
1b. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2014 or 2015
Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'License activation'. Enter your Product Key (26-digit code) and click 'Activate license'. By activating your license, you connect it with your computer. Follow the installation instructions.
You can find detailed information at
2. Upgrading license server workstations
2a. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2016
Start by updating your license(s) at the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
Check the version of the license server. If you use the license server 2016-1-4 or later, you can find the version number (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram. The version number should be at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot see the Build-ID, you work with an older license server. In this case, update the license server first. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect.
You can find detailed information at
After having updated the licenses, you can upgrade Allplan at the clients. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. The license server license will be detected automatically on the network. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'Use active license'. Follow the installation instructions.
Note: You can update the licenses only at a license server you have already installed. If you want to switch to Allplan 2017 and move the license server to a new server, please read the following instructions:
You can find your Product Key for Allplan 2016 in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
2b. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2014 or 2015
Start by installing the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
You can find detailed information at
Downloading licenses from Allplan Connect
You can find your license for Allplan 2014 BCM and the activation code for Allplan 2017 IBDin Allplan Connect. As an extra servicewe provide the old licenses for hardlock stand-alone workstations, the temporary licenses for NemSLock and the Product Keys for the new software protection system. Click
Profile > License administration.
Only administrators can use this function.
Can I run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer?
Basically, you have two options to run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer.
1. Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13
Quality assurance at Allplan tested this option with the following components:
- iMac (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i5, i7 or i9 processor
- 16 GB of RAM
- 50 GB of free hard disk space
- AMD graphics card or NVIDIA graphics card (Note: Parallels does not support OpenGL 3.3. Consequently, Allplan uses GDI+, and the graphics card is labeled as unsuitable by the system test.)
You can also use the following hardware, which was not tested:
- MacBook Pro (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i7, i9
- NVIDIA graphics card
- Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
- Allplan 2018-0-6 or later
Please note that running Allplan 2018 on Parallels Desktop 13 is much slower than running Allplan 2018 on a native Windows operating system.
Parallels Desktop 13 supports OpenGL 3.2. Therefore, Allplan 2018 must use the GDI+ mode, which is generally not suitable for architectural data. We do not recommend using this approach. Parallels Desktop 13 is available as a free 30-day version. So, you can test Parallels Desktop 13 for 30 days and see for yourself.
Important note: You cannot activate an Allplan trial license or presentation license with Parallels Desktop 13.
2. Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp
This option has not been tested by quality assurance at Allplan. With Boot Camp, Allplan 2018 runs on a native Windows operating system. Therefore, Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp is faster than Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13.
Make sure you use current hardware and software (Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later).
We do not provide support for this installation.
You can find the software requirements and hardware requirements for Allplan 2018 on this page: