I cannot see Allplan Share projects in the library. How can I still select these projects?
Open an Allplan Share project and do the following:
1. Select the required Allplan Share project and copy its path. To do this, right-click the path and select “Copy folder name”.
2. Open the library.
3. Select the external path.
4. Click “Add path” in the lower-left corner of the palette, enter the name of the project and select the Enter key.
5. The “Change location” dialog box opens. Paste the path you copied to the clipboard.
You can now find the Allplan Share project in the “External path” folder of the library.
How can I borrow a license for a client temporarily from the license server?
Hotfix 2016-1-4 enables you to temporarily borrow (import) licenses from the license server.
If you want to use this function, note the following points:
Borrowing licensesrequires the following steps. Make sure you do not change the order of these steps. Otherwise, you cannot borrow licenses.
- Install Allplan 2016-1-4on the client.
- Go to the server and update the software for the license server to 2016-1-4(Build-ID 1.614.x.x ).
- Go to the license server and update the licenses.
You can find a detailed description of each step in the following section.
1. Install Allplan 2016-1-4
Make sure all clients are equipped with Allplan 2016-1-4 or later.
If this is not so, install a full update or a hotfix. You can do this manually or use auto-update.
You can find more information in Allplan Connect:
To install manually
Download the current hotfix(es) manually. To do this, log in to Allplan Connect https://connect.allplan.com/de/support/downloads.htmlad go to Support - Downloads - Latest Hotfixes.
You can also download the hotfixes from our FTP server.
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
You can find the hotfixes in this folder: /download/Allplan/2016/Hotfix/
2. Update the license server 2016-1-4(Build-ID 1.614.x.x )
Not only Allplan but also the license server requires the new version. Check the version of the license server. You can find detailed information on the version (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram.
Make sure the version of the license server you use is at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot see the Build-ID, you work with an older license server.
If this is so, update the license server. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect or from our FTP server:
Start the new License Server Setupon the server or computer you use as the license server. Right-click the *.exe file and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
- Click Install.
- Click Exit.
If you have not worked with the license server before or if you have not switched to Allplan 2016 until now, you can find detailed information in Allplan Connect:
3. Update the licenses
You must update your license before you can use this new function for borrowing licenses.
To update a license on the license server
- Start the License Settingsprogram on the server.
- Click License activationon the left. Then click the license you want to update so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- As you can see, the 'Update license' function is now available.
- Click Update license.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must update each license separately.
To borrow a license, do the following:
You cannot borrow licenses on the license server. You can do this only at the clients.
You can only borrow and return a license if the client is connected with the license server.
Computers that are not on the company network must use a VPN connection to access the server.
At the client:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings.
- Click License selectionon the left. Then click the license you want to borrow so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- If this license is a license of the license server, the Todaybutton in the 'Borrow license for:' area is no longer grayed out.
- This button always shows the preset period of time. The default setting is Today.This button is divided into two parts. If you want to change the period of time, click the arrownext to Today. You can now choose from various options.
Note: When you select 'Today', the license will be available again for all Allplan users on the server tomorrow.
When you select a number of days, borrowing will always be valid for 24 hours. For example, you borrow a license for 1 day and borrowing starts at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the license will not be available on the server until 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Click Today(selected period of time) to borrow the license immediately.
You can immediately see the borrowed license in the license selection below your computer name. Click the blue information button to get details about this license. For example, you can see when the borrowed license will automatically be returned to the server.
- If you want to return the license to the server before the time period expires, click the license again so that it is highlighted in blue. The Return licensebutton is now available. Click Return licenseto immediately return the selected license to the server.
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.
What license issues do I need to consider when upgrading from Allplan 2015/2016/2017 to Allplan 2018?
Depending on the licensing system you use, you need to consider different points.
1. Upgrading stand-alone workstations
1a. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2016 or 2017
The license for Allplan 2018 updates automatically. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click ‘Use active license’.
Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
Note: Licenses only update automatically when you upgrade. If you want to install Allplan 2018 on a new computer, read the following instructions: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618131629.html
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
1b. Stand-alone workstation - upgrading from Allplan 2015
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You require a Product Key for Allplan. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'License activation'. Enter your Product Key (26-digit code) and click 'Activate license'. By activating the license, you connect the license with the computer. Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
You can find detailed information at
2. Upgrading license server workstations
2a. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2016 or 2017
Start by updating your license(s) at the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
Check the version of the license server. If you use the license server 2016-1-4 or later, you can find the version number (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram. The version number should be at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot find the Build-ID, you work with an older license server. In this case, update the license server first. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect.
You can find detailed information at
After having updated the licenses, you can upgrade Allplan at the clients. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. The license server license will be detected automatically on the network. When you are prompted to select the license file, click 'Use active license'. Follow the instructions and install Allplan.
Note: You can only use an existing license server to update licenses. If you want to use a new license server with Allplan 2018, read the following instructions:
You can find your Product Key for Allplan 2018 in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
2b. License server workstations - upgrading from Allplan 2015
Start by installing the license server. After this, upgrade the clients.
You can find detailed information at
Downloading licenses from Allplan Connect
You can find your license for Allplan 2014 BCM and the activation code for Allplan 2018 IBDin Allplan Connect. As an extra servicewe provide the old licenses for hardlock stand-alone workstations, the temporary licenses for NemSLock and the Product Keys for the new software protection system. Click
Profile > License administration.
Only administrators can use this function.
License for Allplan Allfa 2017
You will get your license by mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. So that we can create the license for you, please send us your IP address or the Host ID of the Allfa database server (Oracle)
How can I switch Allplan from German to English?
Allplan 2018 is the first version to include English in the license by default.
This means that by installing Allplan 2018, you automatically install the English version too.
As a result, you can switch languages using the Services application.
Important! This switch only applies to the program itself.
The content of the defaults (standards and country-specific content) does not change and is still in German.
Before starting Allplan, you can select the language using the Services application.
To do this, select Configuration -> Language. ‘Current setting’ shows the language currently selected.
Select the required language in the area at the bottom, that is, English.
A German default license only includes German and English.
Allplan now starts in English.
If English is not included in the Services application, you can install this language (or other languages you purchased) at any time.
All you need to do is download the current installation package of the version you use. You can find this package at www.connect.allplan.com
During installation, select Update installationand Use active license.
Select Customfor the Setup type.
When it comes to selecting Features, select the required language(s) in the ‘Language packages’ area.
This area lists the languages included in your license.
Do not change the other settings and click ‘Next’ to confirm the following dialog boxes.
After installation, start the Services application-> Configuration -> Language. Select the required language.
How can I move NemSLock License Server to a new server?
If you want to run NemSLock 2006 Server on a different or new server, you first need to render the license ineffective. For this, you still require the old server. After this, you need to contact Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH in order to activate the license for the new server.
As soon as you return the license, the status of the existing license is set to trial for 48 hours; then it will expire.
Note:Transfer the license to the new server while the old server is still available.
Do the following:
- At the new server:install NemSLock 2006 Server with the temporary license files provided with the program.
- At the clients:Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- At the old server:return the license(s). Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console, click "Stop server", switch to "Modules" and click "Transfer license permanently". Then select "Next" and "Create". Click the "Send" button to send the .hwchs file you just created to "email@example.com" (provided an email program is installed and configured on this server). Otherwise, click "Browse" to open the folder with the .hwchs file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use any computer to send this file to the address mentioned above.
Finally, click "Start server". The existing licenses are valid for two more days.
- At the clients:for the time being the clients can continue to work with the old license server.
- At the new server:After a few minutes, our server will send you an email confirming that the licenses have been returned. Now you can generate registration requests for all licenses. Next, install the licenses.
- At the clients:Now you can switch the clients one after the other to the new server. To do this, open the License Manager by clicking Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek Softlock 2006 -> License Manager.
To transfer the existing users to the new server, back up the Users.mcf file, which you can find in the program folder of NemSLock 2006 Server, and copy this file to the new server after the installation. Prior to copying the file, stop the "NemSLock Server 2006" Windows service, copy the file to the program folder and start this service again.
Can I run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer?
Basically, you have two options to run Allplan 2018 on an Apple computer.
1. Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13
Quality assurance at Allplan tested this option with the following components:
- iMac (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i5, i7 or i9 processor
- 16 GB of RAM
- 50 GB of free hard disk space
- AMD graphics card or NVIDIA graphics card (Note: Parallels does not support OpenGL 3.3. Consequently, Allplan uses GDI+, and the graphics card is labeled as unsuitable by the system test.)
You can also use the following hardware, which was not tested:
- MacBook Pro (end of 2015 or later)
- Intel Core i7, i9
- NVIDIA graphics card
- Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later
- Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac
- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
- Allplan 2018-0-6 or later
Please note that running Allplan 2018 on Parallels Desktop 13 is much slower than running Allplan 2018 on a native Windows operating system.
Parallels Desktop 13 supports OpenGL 3.2. Therefore, Allplan 2018 must use the GDI+ mode, which is generally not suitable for architectural data. We do not recommend using this approach. Parallels Desktop 13 is available as a free 30-day version. So, you can test Parallels Desktop 13 for 30 days and see for yourself.
Important note: You cannot activate an Allplan trial license or presentation license with Parallels Desktop 13.
2. Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp
This option has not been tested by quality assurance at Allplan. With Boot Camp, Allplan 2018 runs on a native Windows operating system. Therefore, Allplan 2018 with Boot Camp is faster than Allplan 2018 with Parallels Desktop 13.
Make sure you use current hardware and software (Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 or later).
We do not provide support for this installation.
You can find the software requirements and hardware requirements for Allplan 2018 on this page: