How can I import data from an earlier version?
You can import data from the last three Allplan versions.
Consequently, the following import operations are possible:
Target version <- import possible from version
2017 <- 2014
2016 <- 2013
2015 <- 2012
2014 <- 2011
2013 <- 2009
2012 <- 2008
2011 <- 2006
2009 <- 2005
2008 <- 2004
2006 <- 2003
2005 <- 17
2004 <- 16
We cannot guarantee that data created in older versions can be imported and edited. The conversion of older data may be incomplete, which may affect intelligent components in particular.
1. Archived data from an earlier version (not older than three previous versions):
There are two ways to convert the data to the current version:
- Import the project backups created and archived using the
Services application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects.
After importing the projects, convert them by opening each project once.
- Import the backups archived using the
Services application -> File -> Restore documents of any version to '...\Extern'.
The data are written to the external path.
You can now process the converted data in ProjectPilot.
2. Archived data from an older Allplan version (older than three previous versions):
- See whether you can use the approach described in step 1 to import the old projects.
- If available, it is a good idea to install an old Allplan version. Import the backups created and archived into this old version and convert the projects using the Services application. If you have imported a complete project backup, convert the data by opening each project once. When finished, repeat this process with a newer version (up to three versions later) until the data are up-to-date.
- If an old Allplan version is not available, you can also have the data converted by Allplan. Please note that this service is not free of charge. Please contact Technical Support -> email@example.com.
- You can convert the data of all projects at once. Read the following FAQ in Allplan Connect: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20090408124904.html
- If enough hard disk space is available, you are advised to keep and maintain the projects so that Allplan automatically converts them to the current version whenever you upgrade.
- If there are project-specific smart symbol catalogs, you should open the smart symbol catalog once to convert the data.
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.