I just installed an upgrade. How can I convert all the projects at once?
Back up all the projects beforehand!
Do the following:
- Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- Only when working with Workgroup Manager:
Log in as the Allplan administrator (sysadm).
- Start the Services application.
- Only when working with Workgroup Manager:
Make sure all the computers where projects are located are up and running.
To check this, select:
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Information -> Display Project List(the second column displays the computer where the project is located).
- Go to the computer where you want to convert the data and set the drawing file size to the maximum value:
Services application->Service ->Hotline Tools->docsize ->512 (or 1024, if available) ->OK
After data conversion, you can set the drawing file size back to the initial value.
- Start converting the data (use the computer where you have changed the drawing file size):
Services application ->Service ->Hotline Tools -> datwaprjs: convert data of all projects
If you reply "Yes" at the following two prompts, the program will convert the data of all projects.
The time it takes to convert the data depends on various factors:
- Number of projects
- Size of each project
- Performance of the computer converting the data
- Network performance
It is possible to start data conversion from several workstations at the same time.
When I create a hidden line image of an isometric view (Viewmenu -> View-> Front Left, Southwest Isometric Viewor any other isometric view), Allplan does not use the original dimensions so that the resulting lengths are distorted.
How can I make sure that Allplan creates the hidden line image based on the actual dimensions?
In accordance with DIN, an isometric view is calculated as follows:
Allplan chooses the projection plane and the axes so that all the axes are shortened equally = axonometric projection of an isometric view.
This is the case when all the angles are the same: 120 degrees. The result is an equilateral triangle. Each side is shortened by two-thirds or 0.8165. However, the edges parallel to the axes are usually not shortened.
Angle of the coordinate axes:
x axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
y axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
x : y : z = 1 : 1 : 1 (using a factor of 0.8165)
When calculating an isometric view, Allplan shortens all directions by the same value (x:y:z = 1:1:1), using a factor of 0.8165.
All you need to do is resize the result in the destination drawing file by the corresponding factor (1.22475) in the x and y directions. After this, all the edges are displayed at their actual size and can be dimensioned.
How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.
How can I use Allplan to create PDF documents (Portable Document Format) that can be opened and viewed using PDF viewers such as the free Acrobat Reader?
You can export PDF files directly from Allplan.
In addition to the design, bitmap areas and text, the direct export tool transfers layers, OLE objects, transparency and gradients.
Of course, you can also use external programs such as Adobe PDF and FreePDF to create PDF files. However, these programs do not provide all the options mentioned above. For example, transparency is not transferred.
Allplan provides the following options for exporting PDF data:
1. using the layout editor:
Create -> Plot Layout -> Export PDF Data
2. using the print preview:
Click the Export PDF Data icon in the toolbar at the top
3. exporting 3D PDF files from the animation window:
You can create a PDF file from the animation window. This file contains the 3D model displayed in the animation window.
This option is not described any further in this FAQ.
When exporting PDF data, you specify the file name in a dialog box, where you can also make basic settings for the PDF file:
- Resolution (in dpi)
- Document size (paper size (with margin) or printable area (without margin))
- Entire layout content
- Archiving format PDF/A 1a
- Export layers
- Embed TrueType fonts
- Add to file (first select an existing PDF file in this dialog box and then select this option -> the PDF file is attached as a new page to the existing file)
- Grayscale (version 2011 and later)
- Open file with associated application (should be selected. After you have created it, the PDF file automatically opens in this application so that you can check it.)
Note on the page format (new in Allplan 2011):
In Allplan 2011 and later versions, you set up a page in Allplan. The page size should be used as the size for the PDF file.
You need to exactly define the size you require for the page.
To use the page size for exporting the PDF file, select the following options:
- Select 'Paper size (with margin)'.
- Clear the 'Entire layout content' check box, if necessary.
Notes on 1. settings in the Plot Layout module:
You can make advanced settings in the "Plot Layouts" dialog box.
The following settings are used for exporting PDF data:
- Plot elements / options (Selection tab)
- Paper format and orientation (Output tab); see the above notes on the page format.
- Resizing: Resizing factor, resize pen thickness and rotation by 90° (Settings tab)
- Pen and color assignments... (Settings tab)
-> Line thickness for monochrome output and line colors for color output
-> Line display in color, black or using shades of gray (can only be changed when you select a color printer beforehand)
-> Gamma correction
- No pen optimization/ Use one pen only (number:)
- Plot profile (Settings tab)
Notes on 2. settings in the print preview:
The PDF file is exported as it is currently displayed on screen.
You can make the settings that are used for the "Print" tool directly in the print preview (Display tab in the Print Preview Options).
To export PDF data in color, you need to install a printer driver that supports color and select this driver in the layout before you start exporting the PDF data.
It is advisable to install a printer driver for a large-format color plotter such as an HP DesignJet even if your office is not equipped with a large-format printer/plotter.
[Install as a local printer/ without plug & play, port: FILE, do not share the printer, do not print a test page.]