How can I change the cache path for Allplan Share?
You do this at your own risk.
We strongly recommend that you clarify all issues in advance.
Always copy a file before you change it.
Before you change registry entries, back up the registry key that you want to modify. To do this, export the key by selecting File - Export in the Registry Editor.
Allplan Share temporarily saves the project data in the path of the local file storage, which you defined when you installed Allplan.
You can see the path of the local file storage folder in the Services application.
If this folder is centrally on a server for all Allplan workstations:
To avoid replication conflicts that might occur when several users work on the same project data, you must change the path settings for each user so that this folder is locally on the user’s computer running Allplan.
Before you start, close Allplan, making sure that you do not lose any data.
- Go to a local drive (C or D) of the computer running Allplan and create the new "Local data” folder with the "Allplan” subfolder (for example, C:\Local data\Allplan).
- Start the Windows Registry Editor as the administrator (start - run - regedit).
- Go to the left column of Registry Editor and open the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\Allplan\2018.0\InstallRoot. If Allplan 2019 or a newer Allplan version is installed, “2019.0“ or the newer version replaces “2018.0” in the path.
- Go to the right column of Registry Editor and double-click theLocalDataDrivekey. Specify the drive that you selected for local file storage (for example, C:). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change.
- Then, go to the right column of Registry Editor again and double-click theLocalDataPathkey. Specify the path that you defined for local file storage (for example,\Local Data\Allplan). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change. The result should look like this:
- Close the Registry Editor. Allplan now uses the new path for the cache of Allplan Share.
- Start Allplan and select the Allplan Share project to load the necessary project data into the new cache.
Does Allplan create backup files (*.bak)?
How can I use these files?
Allplan creates backup files when you do the following:
- Copy, Move Elements between Documents …
Allplan creates a backup file of the destination drawing file or layout.
- Deleting drawing files and layoutsin the "Open on a project-specific basis" dialog box
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file or layout.
- Importing data to drawing files
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file.
Note on points 2 and 3:
To select the "Create backup copies of drawing files" option, click
Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Save/load area (until V2009 Global Options -> Miscellaneous -> Autosave, Backup)->Create backup copies of drawing files.
If need be, you can restore the original drawing file or layout.
Make a note of the drawing file number or layout number and determine the corresponding project folder as follows:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro
Open this folder in Windows Explorer.
Rename the corresponding drawing file "tb000001.ndw" "tb000001.ndw.old" or the corresponding layout "pb000001.000" "pb000001.000.old.", for example.
Delete the bak extension from the corresponding bak file.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to drawing file 4711.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file tb004711.ndw or rename it tb004711.ndw.old.
3rd step: find file tb004711.ndw.bak and rename it tb004711.ndw.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to layout 815.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file pb000815.000 or rename it pb000815.000.old.
3rd step: find file pb000815.000.bak and rename it pb000815.000.
These backup files can considerably increase the volume of data to be backed up. So it is a good idea to delete the .bak files you no longer require before you start backing up data. To delete the .bak files, you can select the Services application and click Utilities -> Delete temporary files.
You can also find this information in the help for Allplan. Please refer to the topic "Using bak files".
How can I restore a lost building structure or layout structure?
To restore a lost or corrupt building structure or layout structure, you can do the following:
- Close Allplan.
- Open Windows Explorer, go to the central file storage folder of Allplan and open the "Prj"folder. Open the corresponding project folder and the "BIM" subfolder.
If the "Same folder name as project name" option is not selected for the project, a number is used for the folder name in the "Prj"folder. In this case, open the Services applicationand select the woprohotline tool (Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro). Select the corresponding project by double-clicking its name. An information dialog box shows the folder and file name of the project.
- You can find an XML file for each structure in the BIM subfolder.
Objects derived from building structure:
Allplan_BIM_LevMo_"name of model".xml
- To restore the building structure from a backup, rename the existing file "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml" "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.old", for example.
- Switch to the "Backup"folder, which you can also find in the"BIM"folder.
- Select the most recent file that had been created beforethe building structure was deleted, for example, "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml.27.5.2008--10-32-21.bak". The characters in bold indicate the date and time of the backup. Copy this file to the "BIM"folder.
- Rename this file by deleting the characters after ".xml". Now the file name is "Allplan_BIM_BuildingStructure.xml".
- Restart Allplan. The last version of the building structure is displayed in the "Open on a project-specific basis"dialog box again.
Using Allplan 2009-2 and later, you can restore the layout structure from a *.bak file straight from the "Open on a project-specific basis: layouts"dialog box.
- Right-click the topmost structural level in the layout structure (project name) and select Load layout structure favoriteon the shortcut menu.
- Open the last version of the Allplan_BIM_LayoutStructure.xml file in the backup folder mentioned above.
If the *.bak files are not displayed, please follow the steps described above.
I activated my license offline. Now I would like to update this license or get the license for the new version.
What can I do?
To update the license, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
Start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. An an alternative, go to the Windows search box and type Codemeter.
You can find the container numbers in the ‘License’ area. Make sure your license container is included in this list.
For license server licenses, this is an Allplan CM6 container with the number 130-XXXXXXX.
If there is only an Allplan GmbH container with the number 128-XXXXXXX, your license server is too old. In this case, proceed as described here: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20160527114300.html.
Select this Allplan CM6 container and click License updateon the right. Select Create license request. Create a *.WibuCmRaC file for your container.
Take this file to a computer that is online.
Go to the following web page:
Enter your Product Keyin the “Ticket” line and click Next. You can now see your license.
Click Activate license.
You can see the new license update, which is selected. Click Offline License Transferat the bottom on the right.
You can now upload the *.WibuCmRaC file (Browse....) by clicking Upload license request now. This creates your license, which you can download by clicking Download license update file now. Install this license on your server.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Centerand click File -> Importlicense.
You can now see the updated license in the license settings.
Finally, upload the receipt file.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Centeragain and select the Allplan CM6 container with the number 130-XXXXXXX.
Then click License update -> Next -> Create receipt.
Create the receipt file for this container.
Take this file to a computer that is online.
Upload this receipt file using the web page.
Click Nexton the web page.
If you have already closed the web page, use the link given above and enter your Product Key once again. Then select Continue with license transfer.
Select the receipt file and click Upload receipt now.
Click OKto confirm. This completes license activation.
If you have several license server licenses, all these licenses can be in the same Allplan CM6 container. However, you must upload the license update fileand upload the receiptfor each Product Key or license to update all licenses.
- You cannot use Allplan Connect to update licenses. However, you can activate licenses offline for the first time or return licenses using Allplan Connect.
- Did you know that you can find details about you licenses in Allplan Connect at http://connect.allplan.com/license. Just load the details about the licenses displayed by clicking the information button at the end of a line.
You may ask yourself on which occasions or user actions Allplan synchronizes drawing files and plans with the Bimplus Cloud in an Allplan Share project.
The following cases apply to drawing files:
Drawing files in a share project are uploaded to the Bimplus cloud for synchronization if all three of the following conditions apply:
- A change has occurred on the drawing files
- The drawing files have been changed to gray or deselected
- Open on a project-specific basis is closed
If other users have the drawing file which meets all the criteria in case one, grayed out (i.e. it is passively in the background), then after the first user has carried out all three steps, they will automatically receive a message informing them that there have been changes to the drawing file. They can then either display or reject these changes.
If the other users do not see this message, they should make sure that they are using the latest version of their Allplan installation and that the check mark is set in the options for Options -> Desktop Environment -> Save/Load -> For changes in reference drawing files show message. If the check mark is not set, simply set it and restart Allplan.
In Allplan, click on Allplan A in the top left-hand corner and select Save all -> all drawing files that have changes are synchronized.
In this case too, as in case 1, a message is sent to all users who have the drawing file, to which all the criteria from case 1 apply, in grey (i.e. passively in the background).
Even if you simply open the function New project, Open Project, all drawing files that have been modified are synchronized
When you call up the Layout Editor, all drawing files that have been changed are also synchronized
The following applies to plans:
If drawing file contents in the plan change, then the plan is NOT uploaded - no need . Plans are only uploaded if either something changes in the plan layout (move or delete a plan element in the plan, etc.) or, for example, the scale or drawing type of a plan element is changed. The upload then takes place automatically when you change the plan or leave the plan layout.
In Allplan version 2018, these notes also apply accordingly; only case 2 for drawing files does not work in this version.