How can I check out a computer and continue to work as a normal CAD user with my usual settings and permissions?
Install the "Microsoft Loopback Adapter" driver.
This driver is necessary so that network services are running on the computer all the time.
Go to Allplan Connect for a detailed description: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/000162ae.html
Sign in as the Allplan administrator to the computer.
Step 1: add the computer to workgroup manager
You must add the computer to the workgroup so that you can store data (data server) on this computer. Do the following:
Create data folders:
Create a folder - for example, “Nemdata” - on the computer and share it (full control).
Create the “Allplan” subfolder in this folder. Create two subfolders - “usr” and “prj” - in the Allplan folder.
In this example: “...\Nemdata\Allplan\prj” and “...\Nemdata\Allplan\usr”
To share a folder for the Allplan file storage
- Start File Explorer on the computer that you want to use for file storage and switch to the folder that you want to share (in this example, the “Nemdata” folder).
- Right-click the folder that you want to share and select Give access to -> Specific peopleon the shortcut menu.
- Select Everyoneand click Share.
- Start the Services application as the workgroup administrator.
- Click and select Manage computers and projects.
- Click the Add any computer to Allplan workgroupicon and select the computer that you want to add.
- Select the “Allplan” subfolder under the share and click “OK” to confirm. This computer is now listed under workgroup server.
Note:If you have problems adding the computer to workgroup manager, read the following instructions:
Step 2: define project owner
A user can only move a project if the user is the owner of this project.
The ownership of a project can only be changed by an Allplan administrator (or the owner of the project).
Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot ->
Go to the “Projects” node, right-click the required project and click Propertieson the shortcut menu.
Define the owner.
Step 3: move projects
Sign in as the user who wants to check out the computer.
Select the Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Manage computers and projects.
Click the main server and select the project that you want to move.
Drag the projects one after the other to the computer to be checked out.
Important note: You can take projects with you in several ways.
1. You move the project to the computer.
Move project: Drag the project to the destination computer, or open the shortcut menu of the project and click “Cut”. After this, open the shortcut menu of the destination computer and click “Paste”.
After you have checked in the computer, move the project back to the server so that it is available to all and included in backups again.
2. You copy projects. Click a project, select and hold the Ctrl key and drag the project to the destination computer. Or: Open the shortcut menu of the project and click “Copy”. After this, open the shortcut menu of the destination computer and click “Paste”.
You can continue in two ways: Lock the original project on the server to protect it from changes. Consequently, nobody in the office can work on this project, but it is still on the server. When you check in the computer again, you unlock the project on the server, delete the project and copy your copy back to the server if you have changed the project.
Alternatively, both projects remain active. Consequently, both the project copied and the original on the server can be worked on. In this case, however, you must adjust the data manually when you are back in the office by copying the changed drawing files of the projects by using ProjectPilot.
Step 4: check out the computer
Select the Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Manage computers and projects.
Click your computer and then click Check outin the lower-right area.
Confirm the message that tells you that there are still user folders on the computer to be checked out.
Enter a comment and click OK. Users in the office see this comment when they try to access a project that is on the computer that is checked out.
Specify the parts of the office standard you want to copy to the computer and click OK to confirm.
The first time you check out the computer, you must copy the office standard once so that the entire STD folder is on this computer. This is no longer necessary when you check out the computer afterward because the contents of the STD folder do not change very often.
You can now remove the computer from the network and work on your projects when you are out of the office. To make sure that the projects are not changed in the office in the meantime, the projects that are on the computer checked out are locked for the CAD users on the network. These users see the comment you entered when you checked out the computer.
- You can only check out a computer to which you are signed in. You cannot check out another computer over the network.
- Projects on this computer must be neither locked nor in use.
- For installations with license server: You must also borrow a license from the license server for the computer you want to check out.
Description of the Nemetschek Softlock license server:
Description of WiBu license server:
Allplan 2016: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618134322.html
Allplan 2017 and later: https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20160523165423.html
Why can’t I see anything in a project or why are elements missing from drawing files?
Why are layers not visible?
Why is it not possible to select a privilege set in layer selection?
Probably, you have not yet been assigned any privilege sets or the layers are frozen in the privilege set in question. First, check whether you can select another privilege set.
1. Selecting another privilege set
To do this, select the project in question and open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Go to the “Privilege set in list box” area at the top on the right and check whether you can select another privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
By default, all layers have full access rights in the predefined ALLPLAN privilege set.
If there is no privilege set with full access rights, you should assign the privilege sets correctly.
This can only be done by a user with administrator privilegesor, in the case of a project-specific layer structure, by the project owner.
Thus, log on as a user with administrator privileges and do the following:
2. Assigning a privilege set
Select the project with the frozen layers.
Open the layer settings(Format -> Select, Set Layers). Switch to the "Privilege Set" tab and click Define, modify privilege set.
Select the relevant user and assign the privilege set using the arrows.
Click OKto confirm.
3. Adjusting layers’ access rights in the privilege set
Finally, check the access rights of the layers in the privilege set assigned.
Go to the "Privilege set in list box" area at the top on the right and select the relevant privilege set (for example, ALLPLAN).
Check the area on the left to see whether there are frozen layers (gray or white). To change this, select these layers or simply select all layers using CTRL+A. Then click the Full access right (modifiable)icon in the “Change rights” area.
Click OKto confirm.
The next time you open this project, you can select this privilege set in the layer settings. You can then see all layers and set them to modifiable.
Do the same with print sets.
Since version 2006, the administrator has been able to select Show all users all print sets and privilege setsin the “Administrator options” group on the “Privilege Set” tab (“Design group” in version 2006). Thus, you do not need to assign new users to privilege sets. This option applies to all projects.
However, as soon as a user has been given a privilege set or print set, this option no longer applies to this user.
As a project can have its own layer structure, it is essential that you check the privilege set in the correct project.
To find out whether a project has its own layer structure, click
File -> New Project, Open Project-> right-click the relevant project -> Properties. Check whether the path settings for Layerstructuresare set to Officeor Project.
How can I set up Allplan Share? What are the requirements?
1)System requirementsfor Allplan Share
Allplan Version 2018 or higher
Network infrastructure required
A 20-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
At least a 50-Mbit/s Internet connection for downloading and uploading data
You have two options to buy the Allplan Share option.
1. You can visit the Allplan Shop at ‘shop.allplan.com’.
Allplan Options -> Allplan Share
a. Specify how many licenses you want to buy and add the Allplan Share option to the cart.
b. Follow the instructions displayed and buy the Allplan Share option.
After you have bought the Allplan Share option, the licenses will be assigned to your Bimplus team. You can manage these licenses using ‘My Account’ - ‘Subscriptions and Users’.
2. You can contact the Allplan sales partner in your area.
3) Assigning licenses
Regardless of how you buy the Allplan Share option, you can manage the Allplan Share licenses in the Allplan Shop. Go to the ‘Subscriptions and Users’ area. As an alternative, you can also manage the licenses on the Bimplus portal. Here, go to the ‘Team members’ area.
Allplan Shop - ‘Subscriptions and Users’
1. Log in to the Allplan Shop and open ‘My Account’.
2. Click ‘Subscriptions and Users’ to see your licenses.
3. Select the Allplan Share option on the tab.
4. You can assign one or more Allplan Share licenses to team members. To do this, select the user in the list and assign the license by selecting the check box. You can remove the license at any time by clearing the check box.
If the list does not include the user to whom you want to assign a license, click ‘Invite new Bimplus team member’, enter the email address of the new team member and select a role.
As soon as the new team member has accepted the invitation, you can find this person in the list.
4) Using Allplan Share
To use the Allplan Share option, you require Allplan 2018. The Workgroup Manager option is not necessary.
Starting a project
You have three options to start an Allplan Share project:
1. You can create a new project and save it on Bimplus by setting the location to BIMPLUS. To create a Bimplus project with Allplan Share content, you require ‘Bimplus team owner’ or ‘Bimplus team admin’ privileges.
2. You can copy an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Copy to’. You can then share this project with other project partners. This does not affect the source project.
3. You can move an existing Allplan project to Bimplus by selecting ‘Move to’. This moves the source project to Bimplus. As a result, this project is no longer available on the local computer or local network.
5) Managing users and assigning users to the project
Allplan Share is a cloud-based solution. Therefore, Allplan Share uses the Bimplus user management for project collaboration. As a result, Allplan Share is independent of local user management systems like Workgroup Manager.
After you have copied or moved an existing Allplan project to Bimplus, you must reassign the users to this project. Otherwise, they cannot access this project.
To define the project members, use the Bimplus project administration. In addition, you must invite new project members to the Bimplus project.
If these Bimplus project members are to use the Allplan Share option too, you must assign an Allplan Share license to each member in advance (as described in ‘3) Assigning licenses’).