Hello together,

I would like to briefly comment on topic: Using different Allplan versions in ONE (workgroup or share) project.

First of all, thank you for your input right here. After all, it is extremely rare that a version jump is not associated with a data conversion. But with the versions 2020 and 2021 this is the case and there is a need for discussion.

The situation today:
Please make a clear distinction between data format and Allplan version. The 2020 + 2021 data format is the same and this means that if I hand over a 2020 project to someone who has the 2021, he or she can process this project without data conversion. This also works vice versa. So far so good. But this does not mean that you should do this with different versions in a common working environment where you can edit a project at the same time. This was not possible "before" (for version jumps with data conversion) and should not be done now. This is precisely because, although the data format is the same, the Allplan versions are quite different. Right here, this difference becomes important. Allplan Version 2021 is a further development in many respects and handles sections and views differently, for example. And this is just one example of many. While this fact does not play a role when transferring a project from 2020 to 2021 or vice versa, in shared working environments (workgroup + share) it is very important to know. Because these projects can be processed simultaneously. Therefore: "in the past" and today: no editing of the same project with different versions.

We take your contributions here now as an opportunity to critically question us. Although there are technical reasons why simultaneous editing of a workgroup or share project with different versions in relation to versions 2020 and 2021 was not blocked due to the same data format, we are currently discussing the whole thing internally.

I will keep you informed about the results here.

Greeting
Daniel

Daniel Peter

ALLPLAN
Customer Success Manager
Konrad-Zuse-Platz 1
81829 München