You may ask yourself on which occasions or user actions Allplan synchronizes drawing files and plans with the Bimplus Cloud in an Allplan Share project.
The following cases apply to drawing files:
Drawing files in a share project are uploaded to the Bimplus cloud for synchronization if all three of the following conditions apply:
- A change has occurred on the drawing files
- The drawing files have been changed to gray or deselected
- Open on a project-specific basis is closed
If other users have the drawing file which meets all the criteria in case one, grayed out (i.e. it is passively in the background), then after the first user has carried out all three steps, they will automatically receive a message informing them that there have been changes to the drawing file. They can then either display or reject these changes.
If the other users do not see this message, they should make sure that they are using the latest version of their Allplan installation and that the check mark is set in the options for Options -> Desktop Environment -> Save/Load -> For changes in reference drawing files show message. If the check mark is not set, simply set it and restart Allplan.
In Allplan, click on Allplan A in the top left-hand corner and select Save all -> all drawing files that have changes are synchronized.
In this case too, as in case 1, a message is sent to all users who have the drawing file, to which all the criteria from case 1 apply, in grey (i.e. passively in the background).
Even if you simply open the function New project, Open Project, all drawing files that have been modified are synchronized
When you call up the Layout Editor, all drawing files that have been changed are also synchronized
The following applies to plans:
If drawing file contents in the plan change, then the plan is NOT uploaded - no need . Plans are only uploaded if either something changes in the plan layout (move or delete a plan element in the plan, etc.) or, for example, the scale or drawing type of a plan element is changed. The upload then takes place automatically when you change the plan or leave the plan layout.
In Allplan version 2018, these notes also apply accordingly; only case 2 for drawing files does not work in this version.
Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at
I have installed Allplan using the temporary Softlock license ("customer#_seat_psd.nslock") and "Trial" is displayed for its status in the License Manager.
How can I register this license?
You use License Manager to create a registration request and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In response, you get a final license file. Installing this license removes the lime limit.
Below is a description of the necessary steps.
- Using the temporary license, you can start Allplan as a trial version. You can work with Allplan without any restrictions for 30 days.
After expiration of this period, Allplan starts as a viewer only. However, you can still request and install the final license.
- When running Windows Vista, start Nemetschek License Manager as the administrator:
Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
Click "License Manager" with the right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator" on the shortcut menu.
How to proceed:
1. Request a license registered for your computer
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager(or Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager (NemSLock)).
When running Windows Vista, start License Manager as the system administrator: click Start - (All) Programs - Nemetschek - Nemetschek Softlock 2006 - License Manager.
Click License Managerwith the right mouse button. On the shortcut menu, click Run as administrator.
- Select the seat you want to register so that it is highlighted in blue.
Note:You can only register seats you have purchased. If you can see only seats with numbers between 90 and 99 (= trial licenses for temporary use), you first need to install the personal license for temporary use.
- Click License requestat top left.
The License Request Wizardstarts. The Welcome to the license request wizarddialog box provides information on the steps that follow.
- Click Next >.
The Customer detailsdialog box opens.
Note: Editing customer details requires administrator privileges. If you do not have these privileges, you will see a corresponding message. Cancel NemSLock License Manager and start again by selecting the Run as administrator option on the shortcut menu.
- Enter the necessary details:
- If the Client IDhas eight zeros (00000000) and the CD Keyhas eight capital F's (FFFFFFFF), you selected the Trial license for temporary useoption when you installed Allplan.
In this case, install the personal license for temporary use before you create the registration request.
- If Client IDand CD Keydo not match the numbers printed on your delivery note (for example, typing errors, small letters and capital letters mixed up), you can enter Client ID and CD Key manually.
- Fill out all the fields.
Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because registered licenses and replies to status queries of license will be sent to the address you specify here.
Note:Check the entries for Client ID(customer number) and CD Key , making sure these numbers are the same as those printed on the delivery note you received from Allplan. The CD Keyusually consists of the numbers 0 to 9 and the capital letters A to F.
Tip: You can also find these numbers in the personal license file for temporary use (*_psd.nslock). Open the license file in an editor and scroll down to the end of the file. You can then copy the license codes displayed after CUSTOMERand CDKEYto the Clipboard and paste them into the appropriate boxes.
- Click Next >.
- Select the Program, Versionand Seatand click Next >.
Note: If the Client IDis invalid (for example, when you use a trial license) you cannot confirm the dialog box by clicking OK. Instead, you will see a corresponding message.
- Specify how to send the registration file and click Next >.
Start email program ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens your default email program. The program automatically attaches the registration file to the email and enters register (please no spam) @ (please no spam) nemetschek.defor the address.
Save the registration file ...
The program creates and saves the register.txt file before it opens the folder with the registration file in Windows Explorer. Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer: for example, you can attach the file to an email, copy it to a computer with Internet access and so on.
In addition, you can see the data that were written to the registration file.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close to exit NemSLock License Manager.
You will receive a reply by email within a few minutes. This email provides information on the registration process and usually includes the registered license file.
Note: The registered license file is generated by an automated system. Consequently, any additional comments in incoming emails are not read. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Allplan directly.
2. Install the license file
Shortly after you sent the registration request to 'email@example.com' as described in step 1, the final license file will be sent to the email address you specified in the registration request.
Install this license file as follows:
- Save the license file to any folder on the hard disk.
If the license comes as a zip file, extract it.
- Next, install the license file by double-clicking it ("customer#_seat.nslock").
Confirm the dialog box.
- As an alternative, you can also use License Manager to install the license file (Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager).
Click "Install - Install license" at top left in Nemetschek SoftLock License Manager and select the license by clicking "Browse...".
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process.
Do not use the same computer to register several license files for different seats. This would connect the seats. You cannot separate the seats again without the help of technical support.
I have some questions about large radii of circles:
How can I display them so that they are completely circular?
How can I transfer them correctly using PDF export?
How can I display them correctly in printouts?
What large radii of circles look like depends on the settings in the ‘Options’.
Select Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Display ->Hardware acceleration -> graphics -> Speed / quality and move the slide bar to the right: ‘Perfect’ setting.
When it comes to PFD files, you can use the settings in the ‘PDF Export’ dialog box to define how large radii of circles look.
Select the Export document of better qualitycheck box in this dialog box.
When it comes to printouts, you can use the settings in the palette to define how large radii of circles look.
Do the following: Create -> Layout Editor -> Print Layouts -> ‘Printer’ tab- More settingsarea
Select the ‘Print at highest quality’ check box.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.
After I have installed Allplan, the program no longer accepts the parallel dongle connected to the computer. Allplan starts as a viewer.
What can I do?
The dongle query changed with Allplan 2013. The dongles causing these problems are usually parallel dongles that are connected to a port (LPT3) that was added later.
Determine the I/O range of the LPT port:
Open the Control Panel and then the Device Manager.
- Select "Ports -> ECP Printer Port" for a direct parallel port.
- Select "Multifunction adapter" and the corresponding port for a parallel adapter (e.g., SUNIX).
Properties -> Resources
Note down the first value in the first line below resource settings.
|I/O range||0378 – 037F|
|I/O range||0778 – 077F|
In this example, the value is 0378.
Open Allplan's license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Settings
License check tab -> Specify searching order ... (or environment variable...)
Enter theI/O value followed by a "p"in the "HL_SEARCH=..." box. For example,
Click "OK" and then "Apply".
How can I export and import projects using Allplan Building Costs?
The following FAQ describes this topic only briefly.
For detailed information, please refer to the help by clicking Help -> Contents and Index:
Backing up data and archiving projects -> Backing up and archiving projects using archive administration -> Backing up projects
If you have received data from us or if you send data to us, please read the 'Important information' section at the end of this FAQ!
- SelectProject data -->Archive...; the Archive Administration dialog box opens.
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- Please make sure that Formatis set to Archive (version 4.0 and later).You can find this setting at bottom right.
- Select the project you want to archive in the list box on the left.
- ClickArchive projectto start backing up the data.
- The project appears in the list box on the right.
- As a result, the program has created an XXX.arafile.
- StartAllplan Building Costs.
- SelectProject data -->Archive...
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- The project appears in the list box on the right; select it and click Restore archive.
- If the program asks whether you want to create a copy, you are advised to do this to protect existing data.
- The project appears in the list box on the left; you can now edit it.
You can use this type of archiving to back up project data. Please note that this backup does not contain the complete database!
This type of archiving is very useful if you want to transfer data to technical support.
If you send a project, please do not forget to provide us with a detailed description of the problem.
This description should include the following information:
- Program and version
- When does the error occur? Or what did you do when the error occurred?
- What does the error message say? A screenshot would be very helpful.
(Pressing the Printkey copies the current contents of the screen to the Clipboard. Using CTRL+V, you can paste this screenshot into a Word document, save this file and send it to us.)
- Office name or customer number and telephone number so that we can contact you.
We kindly ask you not to make any changes in the project in the meantime.
A note on fixed projects:
Please do not copy any data from a corrupt project to a fixed project as this may transfer the corrupt data to your current project!
Can I "automate" the installation of Allplan?
You can install Allplan 2016 in silent mode. This installation mode is fully automatic; you do not need to enter anything. Silent installation is particularly useful if you want to install Allplan 2016 with the same settings on a large number of workstations on a network.
You can only install in silent mode if ...
- You take the licenses for the clients from a license server.
- You have installed the license server.
- You have activated the license of the license server.
For more information on the license server, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618084450.html
Some more tips:
- Before you start installing, unzip the Allplan installation package (for example, using the 7_Zip program) and make sure this package is in a folder that can be accessed by all the clients you want to install.
- Start the command prompt for running the setup program always as a local administrator. To do this, open the shortcut menu and select "Run as administrator".
- Setup will automatically install any Microsoft components required by Allplan such as Microsoft .NET-Framework or Microsoft Report Viewer without prompting you to confirm.
Installing in silent mode involves three steps:
Start by installing Allplan 2016 with the /r option on a typical workstation. During installation, Setup automatically writes all entries to a log file named setup.iss. You can then use this file to install the program on the other workstations.
Next, install Allplan with the /s option on all other workstations. Installation is based on the setup.iss log file you created in the first step.
Finally, you should check the setup.log file, which was created automatically during setup, to see whether everything was installed correctly.
Note: When installing in silent mode, Setup usually uses the same setup.iss file to install the program on all workstations. However, you can edit some settings of the setup.iss file if you want to adjust paths. For more information, see Adjusting the setup.iss file.
To install Allplan in silent mode, do the following:
1. First installation:
Start by creating a record file. To do this, run setup with the settings you need. You only need to do this once.
Setup writes the license settings to the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.ini file.
Use the command prompt to start this installation with the "/r" option (for record):
To run the setup program, open the command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
Setup starts and runs as usual.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use active licenseoption.
Setup logs the entire installation process, writing everything to the setup.iss file.
If you want, you can change the name and folder of this file:
setup.exe /r /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss
setup.exe /r /f1c:\Setup.iss
In this case, the file is saved directly to C:\.
enter "f1" and the folder without any blanks!
Copy the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.inifile to the %AppData%\Nemetschek folder of every client.
If you install Allplan on a client for the first time, you need to create the Nemetschek folder in %AppData% first (for example, C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Nemetschek).
2. Silent installation:
Check that the Lic3.ini file is in the %AppData%\Nemetschek\ folder and that setup can access the setup.iss file.
Setup logs the entire installation process again, writing everything to the setup.log file. You can find this file in the same folder as the setup.iss file. With the /f2 option, you can specify a different folder and file name for the setup.log file.
To start installing Allplan in silent mode on a client, open command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
setup.exe /s /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss/f2<folder>:\Setup.log
setup.exe /s /f1c:\Setup.iss/f2c:\Setup.log
In this case, the file is saved directly to C:\.
Check the setup.log file to see whether everything has been installed correctly. The [ResponseResult] section should return the 'ResultCode=0' value.
If you have several licenses or license servers, select the required license for each client using the Services application - Utilities - License settings.
Refer to the online help for detailed information on installing in silent mode.
To open the help system, press the F1 key during setup. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Installing" and then "Installing in silent mode".
You can also find information in the help for the license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
To open the help system, press the F1 key. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Licensing Allplan using a license server" and then "Installing in silent mode".
Please note that we cannot provide support for this installation method.
I purchased a new license and received a Product Key for Allplan. However, I use earlier Allplan versions with NemSLock server in my office. How can I install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version despite the new license? How can I activate the license on NemSLock server?
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Since then licensing has been based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use NemSLock server with Allplan. For running Allplan, you get a Product Key by email. Using this key, you can activate your license online.
This new license is not downward compatible. Consequently, you cannot use it for earlier Allplan versions.
If you want to install Allplan 2015 or an earlier version, use a trial license to install the version you need.
Make sure the Allplan version you install is always up-to-date. In other words, it should include the latest hotfixes and service releases.
You can download the current Allplan version from Allplan Connect or the FTP server.
Downloading from Allplan Connect:
Copy this link and paste it into the address bar of Windows Explorer. Then press ENTER.
This opens the folder on our FTP server.
Go to /download/Allplan/2015/CD (choose the path in accordance with the version you need) and select the appropriate file. Then click Edit -> Copy (Ctrl+C).
Switch to a folder on your computer and select Edit -> Paste (Ctrl+V).
Extract the ZIP file. Right-click the EXE file and select "Run as administrator".
Deactivate the virus scanner during installation.
1. Install Allplan with a trial license
Install Allplan. In the 'Select License Information' dialog box, choose 'Trial license for temporary use' and select the license for 'Architecture' or 'Engineering'.
Important: If you work with Workgroup Manager, select 'Different trial license' -> 'Next'. Open the Workgroup folder for your country and select the appropriate license. Then follow the instructions and install Allplan. Make sure you enter the paths correctly.
2. Use NemSLock server to request a registered license for the new seat
If you have not used a license server until now, install the license server using the trial license for NemSLock Server.
Installing NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- The trial license is also on the FTP server:
ftp://nemhotline:firstname.lastname@example.org/download/Allplan/Lizenzserver/Allplan 2015 Nemslock Server Trial.nslsrv
- Select the trial license file for NemSLock Server. This license is valid for 30 days, but it includes only seat. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below).
- Select the full installation.
- If the service does not start automatically after Setup, select Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and start the Nemslock Server 2006 service.
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Consoleby clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Switch to Moduleson the left.
- Select one of your seats.
- Click the Registration request (register.txt)button.
- Click Edit.
- Fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OKto confirm.
- Click Create registration request. Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file.
If you have closed Windows Explorer, you can find the file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License.
- Use an editor to open the new register.txt file.
You can find the entry for your seat in line @23@seat:. Change it and enter your new seat number instead. For example, if you purchased seat 08, change the entry to @23@seat: 08. Save the file.
- You can now use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet connection. You can do this on the network or you can use a USB stick. You can then email the file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to email@example.com.
- You will promptly receive your registered license for the new seat.
Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click Stop serveron the left.
- Switch to Moduleson the left.
- Click Browse and select the registered license file.
- Click Install license file.
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking Start server.
If you purchased several new licenses, you have to generate and send a separate registration request for each seat. Just repeat the steps described above. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
How can I use data from the "Shell" module in Allplan 2017 and later?
Data conversion in Allplan 2017
Allplan 2017automatically converts shell data from earlier versions the first time you open the project or *.ndw file in question.
Alllayouts you created ofgeneral arrangement drawings and reinforcement drawings stay as they are!
The 3D reinforcement modelstays as it is!
Theshell entitybecomes a 3D solid.
The views and sections(including reinforcement) become 2D elements and text.
Editing the data
As the old shell entitybecomes a 3D solid(construction lines) and the 3D reinforcement model stays as it is, you can create new associative views and sections from the model data.
Before you can do this, you need to assign "normal" format properties to the 3D solid created from the shell entity, as you cannot create associative views and sections from a solid in construction line format.
You canplace, modify and labelthe reinforcement without any restrictions. You can create schemas, legends andreportsas usual.