I activated my license offline. Now I would like to update this license or get the license for the new version.
What can I do?
To update the license, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
Start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. An an alternative, go to the Windows search box and type Codemeter.
You can find the container numbers in the ‘License’ area. Make sure your license container is included in this list.
If you have a stand-alone license, the name of this container is Allplan GmbH and its number is 128-XXXXXXX.
Select this container and click ‘License Update’ on the right. The assistant starts.
Select Create license request. Create a *.WibuCmRaC file for your container.
Take this file to a computer that is online.
Go to the following website:
Enter your Product Keyin the “Ticket” line and click Next. You can now see your license.
Click Activate license.
You can see the new license update, which is selected. Click Offline License Transferat bottom right.
Upload the *.WibuCmRaC file to get the license update as a file. Import this file
to your computer.
To do this, open CodeMeter Control Center and click File -> Import license.
You can now see the updated license in the license settings.
You cannot use Allplan Connect to update licenses. However, you can activate licenses offline for the first time or return licenses using Allplan Connect.
What are the reasons why I cannot modify the format properties (pen thickness, color, ...) of elements in a DWG/DXF file I have just imported?
There are four reasons why these elements cannot be modified.
1st -the elements are smart symbols:
- To retain the smart symbols but still be able to modify the elements, select Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Smart Symbol(until V2006: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Modify Display Parameters) and click the relevant element. Now you can modify it (using Modify Format Properties, for example). For more detailed information on how to modify smart symbols, please contact us.
- If you do not want to retain the smart symbol, you can also resolve it: Modify -> Bonus Tools -> Smart Symbols -> Unlink Smart Symbol, select the smart symbol(s) you want to resolve and click the right mouse button to confirm.
- To resolve the smart symbols during import, select the file to be imported, click the"Options..."button,open the "Advanced Settings" tab (until Allplan 2008 "Advanced Transfer Settings")and select the"Smart symbol"check box in the"Explode elements" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
2nd - theelements are composite elements:
- To explode a composite element, select Modify -> Advanced Draft -> Explode Composite Element. Select the composite element(s).
- To resolve the composite elements during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "Composite elements"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
3rd - the elements are on frozen layers:
- To modify these elements, you first have to set the corresponding layers to modifiable. Open the layer selection by clickingFormat -> Select, Set Layers.On theSelect Layer/Visibilitytab, set all the layers to modifiable.
4th - the elements have the "from layer" format property:
- To find this out, click an element with the right mouse button and selectFormat Propertieson the shortcut menu: pen thickness, line type or line color is not available for elements with the "from layer" format property.
- To modify the format properties of the layer, select Format -> Select, Set Layers and open the'Format Definition' tab. Check that the''Match from layer based on line style, pen, line, color assigned (fixed setting)"optionis selected in the"Layers' format properties" area. Next, select the layer on which the element resides and change its format properties.
- To remove this property, clickEdit -> Modify Format Properties, select the"Change 'from layer' for pen, line and color" option(pen thickness, line type and line color must not be selected) and select the elements.
- To resolve the "from layer" property during import, select the file to be imported, click the "Options..." button, open the"Advanced Settings" tab" (until Allplan 2008: "Advanced Transfer Settings") andselect the "From layer"check box in the"Explode compounds" area. To confirm the dialog box, click OKand open the file.
If you have any further questions regarding data exchange, this topic is described in detail in the online Help. All you need to do is press the F1 key. Open the Index tab and selectInterfaces.
How can I plan an excavation pit of approximately the same cut and fill in sloping terrain?
The DTM is reduced to the area of the planned building. When you compute the cut and fill and set the data type to 22.014 and the horizon to yes, the horizon represents the base of the pit. You can perform consecutive calculations using different height settings for the horizon. This way, you can quickly produce an approximation of the correct height of the base.
The individual steps:
1. Use lines to draw the outline of the building in the original DTM. The next step is to mesh these lines with the DTM (Modify -> Terrain -> Digital Terrain Model -> Mesh Element with DTM). This adds new points to the DTM. These points are on the end points of the lines and the height is interpolated based on the DTM.
2. Enter an exterior boundary that serves as the outline of the building (Modify -> Terrain -> Digital Terrain Model -> Exterior Boundary). The points required for entering the exterior boundary were created when you meshed the lines with the DTM.
3. Finally, compute the cut and fill using the 22.014 data type (Create -> Terrain -> Digital Terrain Model -> Compute Cut and Fill). In particular, use the following settings: DataTp: 22.014; Horiz: Yes; Analyze: Cut and Fill. Enter the mean height of the DTM as the initial value for the horizon in the Heightbox. Perform some calculations to determine the correct height of the horizon.
You would like to export your Allplan 3D animation model and present it to somebody who does not work with Allplan.
Install a plug-in for Internet Explorer on the computer where you want to view the 3D data. Using this plug-in, you can open VRML files.
Plug-ins of this kind can be found on the Internet. Visit the website of Parallelgraphics, for example.
This plug-in is available for the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape Browser 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Opera 8.5 or later versions.
Open an animation window in Allplan.
Select File->Export ->Export to Cinema 4D/VRML/3DS/U3Dand save the data under any name in Windows Explorer.
It is advisable to save the file in an empty folder as the textures used in Allplan are copied together with the VRM fileto this folder.
You can then view the VRML file in Internet Explorer. All you need to do is double-click it. The functions provided for navigating and zooming are similar to those you can use in Allplan's animation window.
The Export 3D PDFtool is provided on the animation window's shortcut menu in Allplan 2008 and later versions. You can use Adobe Reader Version 2008 and later to view PDF files created in this manner.
How can I export and import projects using Allplan Building Costs?
The following FAQ describes this topic only briefly.
For detailed information, please refer to the help by clicking Help -> Contents and Index:
Backing up data and archiving projects -> Backing up and archiving projects using archive administration -> Backing up projects
If you have received data from us or if you send data to us, please read the 'Important information' section at the end of this FAQ!
- SelectProject data -->Archive...; the Archive Administration dialog box opens.
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- Please make sure that Formatis set to Archive (version 4.0 and later).You can find this setting at bottom right.
- Select the project you want to archive in the list box on the left.
- ClickArchive projectto start backing up the data.
- The project appears in the list box on the right.
- As a result, the program has created an XXX.arafile.
- StartAllplan Building Costs.
- SelectProject data -->Archive...
- Click Pathand set the archive folder.
- The project appears in the list box on the right; select it and click Restore archive.
- If the program asks whether you want to create a copy, you are advised to do this to protect existing data.
- The project appears in the list box on the left; you can now edit it.
You can use this type of archiving to back up project data. Please note that this backup does not contain the complete database!
This type of archiving is very useful if you want to transfer data to technical support.
If you send a project, please do not forget to provide us with a detailed description of the problem.
This description should include the following information:
- Program and version
- When does the error occur? Or what did you do when the error occurred?
- What does the error message say? A screenshot would be very helpful.
(Pressing the Printkey copies the current contents of the screen to the Clipboard. Using CTRL+V, you can paste this screenshot into a Word document, save this file and send it to us.)
- Office name or customer number and telephone number so that we can contact you.
We kindly ask you not to make any changes in the project in the meantime.
A note on fixed projects:
Please do not copy any data from a corrupt project to a fixed project as this may transfer the corrupt data to your current project!
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.
What license issues do I need to consider when upgrading from Allplan 2017/2018/2019 to Allplan 2020?
Installation options during Setups
First-time installation with copying data (default): this option copies and converts the data of the previous version to the new version. You can choose to transfer projects, too. This option does not change the previous version.
Upgrade: this option also transfers the data to the new version. However, you can no longer use the previous version after upgrading.
First-time installation: this option installs Allplan 2020 parallel to the version you are running. However, your data will neither be transferred nor converted. You can find more information in the help. Just press F1 during Setup.
Depending on the licensing system you use, you need to consider different points.
1. Upgrade Allplan 2020 – stand-alone workstation
The license for Allplan 2020 updates automatically. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
Note: The licenses only update automatically when you upgrade. To install Allplan 2020 on a new computer, please read on connect.allplan.com/license within the menu item Information on Installation and Licensing the instructions Transferring license to a new computer.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to: connect.allplan.com/license
2. Upgrading Allplan 2020 with a license server
Start by updating your license(s) at the license server. After this, upgrade the clients. To do this, start the License Settings program on the server. Click License Activation on the left, and then click the license you want to update. Click Update License.
After updating your license(s) you can upgrade Allplan at the clients. Start Allplan Setup and follow the instructions displayed. The license server license will be detected automatically on the network. When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
NOTE: If your license server displays a detailed version number (build ID) directly in the lower left corner of the program License Settings, it is usually compatible with the new version and does not need to be updated. You only need to update the license(s).
If you still want to update your license server, download the software for the license server from the Allplan Connect service portal. Detailed instructions can be found at connect.allplan.com/license under the menu item Information on installation and Licensing' and the instructions 'Updating license server and licenses'.
Note: You can update the licenses only at a license server you have already installed. If you want to switch to Allplan 2020 and move the license server to a new server, please read on
connect.allplan.com/license within the menu item Information on Installation and Licensing the
instructions Moving license server to a new server.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to: connect.allplan.com/license
Downloading licenses from Allplan Connect
You can also obtain your activation codes for Allplan 2020 IBD in the Allplan Connect service portal.
To do this, click Profile > License Management.
You can only use this function as an administrator.
License for Allplan Allfa 2019
You will get your license by mail from email@example.com. So that we can create the license for you, please send us your IP address or the Host ID of the Allfa database server (Oracle).