- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
Why is Allplan running so slow?
Check the following points:
1. Current version
Make sure you work with the current Allplan version.
- Do the following or ask your system administrator to do this:
Open Allplan and click the ‘?’ icon in the upper right-hand corner. Click ‘Update Allplan’.
Select 'Find now'. If Allplan finds updates or hotfixes, download the installation packages.
- Deactivate the virus scanner while your are installing updates or hotfixes. This might require administrator privileges. Contact your system administrator if you have problems.
- Right-click the Allplan icon on the desktop. A shortcut menu opens.
Select ‘Run as administrator’ and click ‘Yes’ to confirm the following message.
As a result, Windows security settings do not block the installation.
2. System requirements:
Check the hardware and software required for your Allplan computer.
2.a)Download and run the system test.
Check the notes.
2.b)Check the Allplan system requirements:
2.c)You can find information about graphics cards at
2.d)You can find server operating systems you can use for the central file storage of Allplan at
3. Hotline tools:
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Hotline Tools’. To save your settings, select the following tools.
- savestd: Saves user defaults.
- savereg: Saves CAD registry settings.
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- cleanup: Initializes the display.
- cleanstd: Resets CAD defaults.
- cleanreg: Resets CAD registry settings.
Check whether this has solved the problems.
If this is not so, restore the settings you just saved. To do this, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- reststd: Restores saved user defaults.
- restreg: Restores CAD registry settings.
4. Color scheme selected in Allplan:
Start Allplan, open the ‘View’ menu, point to ‘Toolbars’ and select ‘Customize User Interface’. Open the ‘Customize’ tab and set ‘Color scheme and icon design’ to ‘Windows’.
5. Check the availability of all projects that are not online (if you use Workgroup Manager):
Start Allplan, open the ‘File’ menu and select ‘New Project, Open Project’. Deactivate ‘Check availability of all offline projects’.
6. Virus scanner
Check whether an anti-virus program is running in the background of the computer or server.
If so, reduce protection to "programs only".
Scanning "all files" can take a long time, considerably slowing down your computer when you switch between projects or exit the program.
You can exclude the Allplan installation folders from real-time scanning.When you start the Services application, you can see a list of the folders to be excluded.
You can find more information at
Changes in the settings of the virus scanner only come into effect when you re-start the computer.
7. Aero desktop effects
Deactivate the Aero desktop effects of Windows.
To do this, open the Control Panel, select ‘Ease of Access’ and go to the ‘Make things on the screen easier to see’ area.
Select the ‘Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)’ option.
8. Name resolution on the network
If Allplan takes several minutes to start, name resolution on the network may not work.
To check this, do the following:
Right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’, type in ‘cmd’, click OK, type in ‘Nslookup’ and press ENTER.
Go to the line following the > character, type in the name of the Allplan data server and press ENTER.
The reply starts with the name and address of the server providing name resolution.
You can find the name and address of the Allplan data server in the second group.
If problems occur, contact your network administrator and ask him or her to configure name resolution correctly.
9. Speed of Allplan projects
Check whether some Allplan projects are slower than other Allplan projects.
Start with the empty project and check whether it is slow too.
After this, select any other Allplan project.
If it is only the current project that is slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
10. Network: checking out Allplan using Workgroup Manager
If you use Allplan with Workgroup Manager, you can check whether the problems are caused by the network. To do this, check out the workstation with the project in question and use the project on the local Allplan workstation.
You can find detailed information on checking out an Allplan workstation using Workgroup Manager in the
Services application. Open the ‘Help’ and select ‘Workgroup Manager’.
After you have checked out the workstation, Allplan no longer accesses the central file storage of the server.
If this has solved the problems, they are caused by the network. In this case, the network must be checked in detail.
Contact your network administrator and ask him or her to do this.
If the project is still slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
11. Log files and system information files
If all the points above do not solve the problems, technical support requires more system information about the computer running Allplan.
- So, we would be grateful if you could send us a support request (Allplan Hotinfo with Allplan logging).
To create a support request, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Create support request (Hotinfo)’.
Several dialog boxes open. Select ‘Technical Support Allplan’ and ‘Enquiry with Allplan logging’. Enter all the data required. Finally, click ‘Finish’.
Another dialog box opens, prompting you to start Allplan. Click the ‘Start Allplan’ button.
Allplan starts, logging all processes.
Try to reproduce the problem as exactly as possible.
Exit Allplan as soon as possible, reducing the data in the log file to a minimum.
Then click ‘Next’ to generate the support request with the log file.
You can find more information about Hotinfo at
- To analyze the Windows system environment, we would ask you to send us the logs created by Windows Event Viewer of your computer.
To start Windows Event Viewer, right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’ and type in ‘eventvwr.msc’.
You can also type in ‘Event Viewer’ in the search box of Windows. This displays the link file to the Windows event logs.
Using Event Viewer, create *.evtx files for the application log and the system log in the ‘Windows Logs’ area and for the ‘Administrative Events’ log in the ‘Custom Views’ area.
Please send us the files.
Which graphics cards are recommended for Allplan?
Follow this link to see a list of the AMD/ATI & NVidia graphics cards manufacturers that are CERTIFIED FOR ALLPLAN.
We have tested the OpenGL functionality and the animation performance of various Allplan modules with specially prepared data with each of the cards available.
The tested drivers can be found on the homepage of the individual manufacturer. The driver versions that were used in the tests are included in the tables so that you can compare the data. However, we strongly recommend that you always installthe current driver of the manufacturer.
It is a good idea to check your system using the system tool you can find on our homepage:
Allplan 2011 was revised completely for accelerated graphical representation.
To guarantee full performance support for Allplan 2011 and later, please check that your graphics cards meet the hardware requirements for DirectX 10 & OpenGL 2.0 (chip-based). In addition, you need to install the current drivers. Allplan will automatically switch to the conventional drawing method when it starts and finds old graphics cards that do not meet the requirements stated above.
For more information on graphics card specifications, go to
We kindly ask you to understand that products of other manufacturers that are not mentioned have not been tested and therefore cannot be recommended.
You would like to export your Allplan 3D animation model and present it to somebody who does not work with Allplan.
Install a plug-in for Internet Explorer on the computer where you want to view the 3D data. Using this plug-in, you can open VRML files.
Plug-ins of this kind can be found on the Internet. Visit the website of Parallelgraphics, for example.
This plug-in is available for the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 6.0, Netscape Browser 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Opera 8.5 or later versions.
Open an animation window in Allplan.
Select File->Export ->Export to Cinema 4D/VRML/3DS/U3Dand save the data under any name in Windows Explorer.
It is advisable to save the file in an empty folder as the textures used in Allplan are copied together with the VRM fileto this folder.
You can then view the VRML file in Internet Explorer. All you need to do is double-click it. The functions provided for navigating and zooming are similar to those you can use in Allplan's animation window.
The Export 3D PDFtool is provided on the animation window's shortcut menu in Allplan 2008 and later versions. You can use Adobe Reader Version 2008 and later to view PDF files created in this manner.
Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at
Can I run Allplan on Apple computers?
You have to options for running Allplan on Mac computers: natively using Boot Camp or virtually using Parallels Desktop. Please note that Allplan supports Boot Camp only. For installations with Parallels Desktop, we merely offer an installation guide ("Allplan On Mac", see below).
- MacBook Pro or iMac
- Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard disk space
- AMD or Nvidia graphics card
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
- Windows 7, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
In addition when using Boot Camp:
- Boot Camp Windows installation
- A blank CD or DVD
- The function of the DEL key needs to be moved to an existing key; otherwise, logging on to Windows requires an external keyboard.
In addition when using Parallels Desktop:
- Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
- A license for Parallels Desktop 8 (you can request a trial license for Parallels Desktop while installing)
- Allplan On Mac setup file; you can download this file from Allplan Connect: connect.allplan.comde/support/downloads.html
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit license and DVD
- Allplan 2012-1 DVD or download
- You can find further information on Allplan On Mac at:https://connect.allplan.com/de/more/allplan-on-mac.html
There is no provision for a direct installation under Mac OS.
We kindly ask you to understand that Allplan cannot provide support for installing Boot Camp.
An installation with Parallels Desktop is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- The Allplan On Mac software is free to download.
- Setup is offered as a "technology demo".
- As this is a technology demo, Allplan does not assume any responsibility or liability for the reliability of the complete system in any environment; nor does it provide any technical support.
- There may be some restrictions in conjunction with some hardware combinations.
We tested the following constellations: Windows 7 64-bit | Parallels 8+9 | Allplan 2013-1
Allplan 2014-1 runs with Parallels 9.