You want to get an overview of which Product Keys are valid for your respective workstations. Which ones are already assigned and on which of your computers the licenses are activated
You can find a summary of this information in our Allplan Connect service portal
(only possible with admin access to your company network, normal users in Allplan Connect do not have this access):
Call up the following link and log in to Allplan Connect.
On this page you can view the following information:
- WS/License number
- Product key with Allplan package
- A symbolic indicator whether the license is activated or free. The up arrow means the license is activated, the down arrow means the license is free.
- The last change when the license (or the last license update to the license) was activated.
- CodeMeter Container, in which Codemeter Container the license with this product key is activated on your computer.
But there is more information available:
- By pressing the button "Get license details for this product key" you can also view the computer name on which the product key is activated and other details such as expiration date and options.
- By pressing the button "Get license details for all product keys" this is done for all your product keys.
Note: Since it is a live query each time, it may take a few seconds before the result is displayed.
The license overview in Allplan Connect always gives you an up-to-date overview of who in the office is currently using which license and which license may also be free and can now be used.
Additional tip: You can find out the computer name of your computer quickly and easily using the Allmenu/Services. The computer name is displayed directly there
Please note that no license can be activated or deactivated via this page. You can only activate a license directly on the computer on which the license is to be used.
For instructions on how to transfer a license or activate it on another computer, please refer to the following instructions.
Internet connection exists on your computer and the settings used for the proxy for the URLs you have set also. You try to activate your license with your product key, but the activation could not be performed. You get the message ' server not found error'. How can the license be activated yet?
The following description is valid for single user license as also license server licenses.
Try to activate the licenses on the computer/server via the following website online.
This Web site must be launched directly on the computer on which the license should be enabled.
In the row "Ticket", enter your Product Key and click continue your license will be displayed, click on activate license now.
Note: (only for license server license)
A selection appears asking for the binding of licenses.
Select firm code 6000100 on the right hand side.
'I want my licenses on one computer (CmActLicense). Firm code: 6000100 CmContainer ALLPLAN CM6 (2000)'
Sometimes multiple rows for the same license will be displayed (E.g. license number and a -u behind it) please leave all licenses checked and click on Activate selected licenses now.
The transfer of the license starts now. When activation is finished your license on this page should now appear with status activated.
If the problems with license activation occurred during the installation of ALLPLAN, cancel to exit Setup and restart the installation of ALLPLAN again. Then select in the Setup license configuration use active license now and the installation can continue.
Then open the license setting over services -> utilities-> license settings.
Or license server via License Settings.
Click on the left side on license selection. Now the license is displayed under the computer name.
This Web site must be launched directly on the computer on which the license should be enabled.
In the row "Ticket", enter your Product Key and click continue your license will be displayed, click on re-host license now.
Sometimes multiple rows for the same license will be displayed (E.g. license number and a -u behind it) please leave all licenses checked and click on Re-host selected licenses now.
The transfer of the license starts now.
- Sometimes the license is not displayed under license activation, because it has been enabled via the website.
- If you want to remove the licenses, you must do so via the website again.
How can I change the cache path for Allplan Share?
You do this at your own risk.
We strongly recommend that you clarify all issues in advance.
Always copy a file before you change it.
Before you change registry entries, back up the registry key that you want to modify. To do this, export the key by selecting File - Export in the Registry Editor.
Allplan Share temporarily saves the project data in the path of the local file storage, which you defined when you installed Allplan.
You can see the path of the local file storage folder in the Services application.
If this folder is centrally on a server for all Allplan workstations:
To avoid replication conflicts that might occur when several users work on the same project data, you must change the path settings for each user so that this folder is locally on the user’s computer running Allplan.
Before you start, close Allplan, making sure that you do not lose any data.
- Go to a local drive (C or D) of the computer running Allplan and create the new "Local data” folder with the "Allplan” subfolder (for example, C:\Local data\Allplan).
- Start the Windows Registry Editor as the administrator (start - run - regedit).
- Go to the left column of Registry Editor and open the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\Allplan\2018.0\InstallRoot. If Allplan 2019 or a newer Allplan version is installed, “2019.0“ or the newer version replaces “2018.0” in the path.
- Go to the right column of Registry Editor and double-click theLocalDataDrivekey. Specify the drive that you selected for local file storage (for example, C:). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change.
- Then, go to the right column of Registry Editor again and double-click theLocalDataPathkey. Specify the path that you defined for local file storage (for example,\Local Data\Allplan). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change. The result should look like this:
- Close the Registry Editor. Allplan now uses the new path for the cache of Allplan Share.
- Start Allplan and select the Allplan Share project to load the necessary project data into the new cache.
You want to include a computer in the Allmenu via Workgroupmanager, but no network environment is displayed and no result appears when you enter the computer name in Search. How can the computer still be included?
All computers included in the Workgroupmanager are stored in the data.cfg on the server in the central file storage request.
The Allmenu window shows the exact path of the "central file storage folder".
Go via Windows Explorer to the central file storage folder in the NET folder and open the file data.cfg (e.g. with the editor)
The content of the file looks like this
(So far no computer has been included and therefore there are no further entries in this example)
Here you can enter the new path of the computer to be recorded
Simply enter the computer name, spacebar, shared folder, subfolder as a new line.
Enter only your simple host name here, not the FQDN name (first name only, without periods and other additions)
Please make sure that all entries are flush with each other. Please do not remove the space bars in existing entries and also insert a space bar after the host name when entering, these are important.
So it looks like this
Save the file.
As a result, the computers in the workgroup are displayed in the Allmenu/Services application under Workgroupmanager - > Administer projects and computers and can now be checked out.
The original FAQ contains pictures. Use the PDF link to get the complete presentation.
What does this error message mean and how can I fix it? How can I change the
path and switch from server to local?
For the use of Allplan Share, a defined path for the "LocaldataPath" is used
for the temporary storage of the project data to be edited. In Allplan 2021, a
default setting was made so that the LocaldataPath should always be in the
Windows user folder. However, for customers who place their users on the
server, this causes the problem that 80 characters are exceeded.
Since hotfix 2021-0-3 there is a possibility to change this path to local by
creating a registry entry.
The procedure described below is done at your own risk.
Questions about this should be clarified before the practical implementation.
Always make a copy of a file before making any changes to it.
Before changing registry entries, create a backup of the registry key to be
modified by exporting the key in the registry editor under File->export.
We recommend that you have this work done by an experienced technician.
After you have installed at least version 2021-0-3 of Allplan, proceed as
Be sure to exit Allplan before making the change to prevent data loss and
On a local C: or D: drive of the computer used for Allplan, create a new folder
with the name "Local data" and the subfolder "Allplan" (e.g. C:\Local
In Windows, as an administrator, start the Windows Registry Editor (Start->
Run-> Regedit) .
In the registry, in the left column, open the key:
In the right window, right-click and select New -> String Value. Create a
string value with the names LocalDataDrive and a string value with the name
Now activate the edit mode for the "LocalDataDrive" key in the right column of
the registry editor by double-clicking the left mouse button and enter here
only the drive you have chosen for the local file storage (e.g. C: ) and
confirm the change with "OK". Thus the change is taken over in the registration
Then activate the edit mode for the "LocalDataPath" key in the right column of
the registry editor by double-clicking the left mouse button and enter the
additional path defined for the local file storage (e.g. \LocalDataPath ) and
confirm the change with "OK". The change will be applied to the registry
editor. The result should look as follows:
Close the registration editor. Allplan now uses the newly defined path for the
Allplan Share cache.
Restart the Allmenu and you will see the local path displayed there.