I purchased the license server. How can I install and configure the license server?
Allplan is using since version 2016 a new protection system. Licensing is based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG since then. You can no longer use NemSLock Server with Allplan 2016 and higher.
Allplan requires a Product Key. Using this key, you can activate your license online. The Product Key is a unique, 26-digit character string. You can use it to activate a license for Allplan.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect. Go to http://connect.allplan.com/license
Note: The license is downwards compatible til version Allplan 2016-1-4 even if a higher version is displayed.
To install the license server, download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect
or from our FTP server:
The Wibu license server is part of the CodeMeter driver, which is installed along with Allplan. If you have already installed Allplan on the license server, you do not have to install additional software. But you can also install the license server separately; you do not have to install Allplan.
In any case, install and activate the license server before you install Allplan on the clients.
You can activate a license in online mode only if you have ...
- Internet access
- a Product Key
- a license server license; you cannot use other licenses with the license server.
Installing the license server
- You must install the license server on a 64-bit Windows system.
- Start License Server Setup on the computer you want to use as the license server.
- Click Install.
- Start the license server by starting the License Settings program. Go to the License activation area, enter your Product Key and click Activate license.
- If you have more licenses for the license server, enter the respective Product Keys and activate the licenses.
- Afterwards, start CodeMeter Control Center.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen: enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdmin at bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
- Select Configuration -> Server -> Access server in the Network server area and click Activate.
- Click Apply.
Configuring the license server (optional)
You can use the CodeMeter WebAdmin application to administer the license server.
To start and stop the license server service, you can use CodeMeter Control Center.
- CodeMeter Control Center -> Action -> Start or Stop CodeMeter Service
By default, all users on the LAN, who have installed the CodeMeter driver, can use a license from the license server.
- Basic access control: you can enter a list of client computer names or IP addresses that are allowed to access the license server.
- Advanced access control: you can specify global access rules (for all licenses) to control access to the licenses.
To activate license tracking, you have to set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS\CodeMeter\Server\CurrentVersion\LogLicenseTracking registry entry to 1 and restart CodeMeter Service.
After having activated this key, you can use CodeMeter WebAdmin to create a report showing details about the licenses used over a specific period of time. To do this, open CodeMeter WebAdmin and go to the 'Server' - 'License Tracking' page. Select the period of time and the license for which you want to generate a report. Then click 'Create report'. If you click a single bar, you will get detailed analyses per day or per hour.
CodeMeter WebAdmin saves the reports to C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\Logs.
Installing and configuring clients
Note for Version 2016: Install at least Allplan 2016-1-4 on the clients.
The license server license will be detected automatically on the network.
Install Allplan on the clients. When you are prompted to select the license file, click Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
- You do not need to activatethe clients.
Allplan automatically finds the license server on the local network. If you have not selected a license, Allplan automatically selects the first available license.
After having installed Allplan on the clients, you can use the 'License Settings' dialog boxto configure license selection.
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- License activation: this area is not relevant to clients taking their license from the license server.
- License selection: use this section if you get the license from a license server or if you have several licenses and you want to select the preferred license.
- Start as a viewer: click this button if you want to start Allplan as a viewer.
You can see the names of the available licenses with their seat numbers.
The 'Available' column indicates how many licenses are still available. Click the dropdown arrow to see a list of users currently working with a license.
Select the check box in front of a license to select this license as a favorite. You can mark as many licenses as you want. Allplan will then prefer these licenses. Click to select one ore more licenses Allplan is not to use. If you do not select any license or if you have selected several favorites, Allplan will automatically use the first free license it finds.
Find license server automatically:
When you select this option, Allplan automatically detects a license server on the LAN. In some cases, such as VPN connections, Allplan may not be able to detect a server automatically. In this case, you can enter the server manually (see Additional server name).
Note: Only the Windows administrator can change this option.
Additional server name:
If 'Find license server automatically' is not active or Allplan has not automatically found a license server, you can manually enter the name or the IP address of the server. If 'Find license server automatically' is active, you can enter an additional server. After having entered the server name, click 'Update' to see the licenses of the license server. Use semicolons to separate several server names.
You can find detailed information on the license server in the License Settings help (F1 key).
Allplan communicates with the license server via TCP/IP. By default, communication is via Port 22350 unless you change the port in CodeMeter WebAdmin.
If a firewall is active on your computer, you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP. If the firewall filters in an application-specific manner, you have to enable the CodeMeter.exe license server service. You can find this service in the %Program Files (x86)%\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin Windows folder. Define the CodeMeter.exe service as an exception in the firewall. Some anti-virus programs also include firewall functions. If you are not sure, contact the manufacturer of the anti-virus program.
I just installed an upgrade. How can I convert all the projects at once?
Back up all the projects beforehand!
Do the following:
- Exit Allplan on all workstations.
- Only when working with Workgroup Manager:
Log in as the Allplan administrator (sysadm).
- Start the Services application.
- Only when working with Workgroup Manager:
Make sure all the computers where projects are located are up and running.
To check this, select:
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Information -> Display Project List(the second column displays the computer where the project is located).
- Go to the computer where you want to convert the data and set the drawing file size to the maximum value:
Services application->Service ->Hotline Tools->docsize ->512 (or 1024, if available) ->OK
After data conversion, you can set the drawing file size back to the initial value.
- Start converting the data (use the computer where you have changed the drawing file size):
Services application ->Service ->Hotline Tools -> datwaprjs: convert data of all projects
If you reply "Yes" at the following two prompts, the program will convert the data of all projects.
The time it takes to convert the data depends on various factors:
- Number of projects
- Size of each project
- Performance of the computer converting the data
- Network performance
It is possible to start data conversion from several workstations at the same time.
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2019.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2019.
How to install
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2019 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded and unzipped Allplan 2019, you can find the ‘install.chm’ file in the following folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Allplan 2019\HelpFiles\English.
- Use the following link:
https://webdrive.allplan.com/s/4LrjrymoxESzC6p and open the General\Installation help\2019 folder.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2019.
System requirements for Allplan 2019
How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2019
Some notes on installing Allplan 2019
If you want to switch from Allplan 2016/2017/2018 to Allplan 2019, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2016/2017/2018.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2019 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2018 or earlier). Setup does not transfer any data or settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2019 and then upgrade from Allplan 2016/2017/2018.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from version
This option installs Allplan 2019 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2018 or earlier). You can configure Setup to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2016/2017/2018 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: You can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2018 and in Allplan 2016/2017/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions. Merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already used the second installation option to install <Product_Version> to a computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data are already available.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2016/2017/2018
This option installs Allplan 2019 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2016/2017/2018 to Allplan 2019 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2016/2017/2018.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2015 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2019. Beforeyou start installing, make sure that all workstations can be upgraded. For technical reasons, it is not possible to mix installations of different major releases. Any related problems area not covered by service contracts.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2016/2017/2018 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
Converting the data:
Data from earlier Allplan versions need to be converted to version 2019. Allplan 2019 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single operation:
Click here for instructions on how to get your activation codes for Allplan IBD:
You want to get an overview of which Product Keys are valid for your respective workstations. Which ones are already assigned and on which of your computers the licenses are activated
You can find a summary of this information in our Allplan Connect service portal
(only possible with admin access to your company network, normal users in Allplan Connect do not have this access):
Call up the following link and log in to Allplan Connect.
On this page you can view the following information:
- WS/License number
- Product key with Allplan package
- A symbolic indicator whether the license is activated or free. The up arrow means the license is activated, the down arrow means the license is free.
- The last change when the license (or the last license update to the license) was activated.
- CodeMeter Container, in which Codemeter Container the license with this product key is activated on your computer.
But there is more information available:
- By pressing the button "Get license details for this product key" you can also view the computer name on which the product key is activated and other details such as expiration date and options.
- By pressing the button "Get license details for all product keys" this is done for all your product keys.
Note: Since it is a live query each time, it may take a few seconds before the result is displayed.
The license overview in Allplan Connect always gives you an up-to-date overview of who in the office is currently using which license and which license may also be free and can now be used.
Additional tip: You can find out the computer name of your computer quickly and easily using the Allmenu/Services. The computer name is displayed directly there
Please note that no license can be activated or deactivated via this page. You can only activate a license directly on the computer on which the license is to be used.
For instructions on how to transfer a license or activate it on another computer, please refer to the following instructions.
Why is Allplan running so slow?
Check the following points:
1. Current version
Make sure you work with the current Allplan version.
- Do the following or ask your system administrator to do this:
Open Allplan and click the ‘?’ icon in the upper right-hand corner. Click ‘Update Allplan’.
Select 'Find now'. If Allplan finds updates or hotfixes, download the installation packages.
- Deactivate the virus scanner while your are installing updates or hotfixes. This might require administrator privileges. Contact your system administrator if you have problems.
- Right-click the Allplan icon on the desktop. A shortcut menu opens.
Select ‘Run as administrator’ and click ‘Yes’ to confirm the following message.
As a result, Windows security settings do not block the installation.
2. System requirements:
Check the hardware and software required for your Allplan computer.
2.a)Download and run the system test.
Check the notes.
2.b)Check the Allplan system requirements:
2.c)You can find information about graphics cards at
2.d)You can find server operating systems you can use for the central file storage of Allplan at
3. Hotline tools:
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Hotline Tools’. To save your settings, select the following tools.
- savestd: Saves user defaults.
- savereg: Saves CAD registry settings.
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- cleanup: Initializes the display.
- cleanstd: Resets CAD defaults.
- cleanreg: Resets CAD registry settings.
Check whether this has solved the problems.
If this is not so, restore the settings you just saved. To do this, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- reststd: Restores saved user defaults.
- restreg: Restores CAD registry settings.
4. Color scheme selected in Allplan:
Start Allplan, open the ‘View’ menu, point to ‘Toolbars’ and select ‘Customize User Interface’. Open the ‘Customize’ tab and set ‘Color scheme and icon design’ to ‘Windows’.
5. Check the availability of all projects that are not online (if you use Workgroup Manager):
Start Allplan, open the ‘File’ menu and select ‘New Project, Open Project’. Deactivate ‘Check availability of all offline projects’.
6. Virus scanner
Check whether an anti-virus program is running in the background of the computer or server.
If so, reduce protection to "programs only".
Scanning "all files" can take a long time, considerably slowing down your computer when you switch between projects or exit the program.
You can exclude the Allplan installation folders from real-time scanning.When you start the Services application, you can see a list of the folders to be excluded.
You can find more information at
Changes in the settings of the virus scanner only come into effect when you re-start the computer.
7. Aero desktop effects
Deactivate the Aero desktop effects of Windows.
To do this, open the Control Panel, select ‘Ease of Access’ and go to the ‘Make things on the screen easier to see’ area.
Select the ‘Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)’ option.
8. Name resolution on the network
If Allplan takes several minutes to start, name resolution on the network may not work.
To check this, do the following:
Right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’, type in ‘cmd’, click OK, type in ‘Nslookup’ and press ENTER.
Go to the line following the > character, type in the name of the Allplan data server and press ENTER.
The reply starts with the name and address of the server providing name resolution.
You can find the name and address of the Allplan data server in the second group.
If problems occur, contact your network administrator and ask him or her to configure name resolution correctly.
9. Speed of Allplan projects
Check whether some Allplan projects are slower than other Allplan projects.
Start with the empty project and check whether it is slow too.
After this, select any other Allplan project.
If it is only the current project that is slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
10. Network: checking out Allplan using Workgroup Manager
If you use Allplan with Workgroup Manager, you can check whether the problems are caused by the network. To do this, check out the workstation with the project in question and use the project on the local Allplan workstation.
You can find detailed information on checking out an Allplan workstation using Workgroup Manager in the
Services application. Open the ‘Help’ and select ‘Workgroup Manager’.
After you have checked out the workstation, Allplan no longer accesses the central file storage of the server.
If this has solved the problems, they are caused by the network. In this case, the network must be checked in detail.
Contact your network administrator and ask him or her to do this.
If the project is still slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
11. Log files and system information files
If all the points above do not solve the problems, technical support requires more system information about the computer running Allplan.
- So, we would be grateful if you could send us a support request (Allplan Hotinfo with Allplan logging).
To create a support request, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Create support request (Hotinfo)’.
Several dialog boxes open. Select ‘Technical Support Allplan’ and ‘Enquiry with Allplan logging’. Enter all the data required. Finally, click ‘Finish’.
Another dialog box opens, prompting you to start Allplan. Click the ‘Start Allplan’ button.
Allplan starts, logging all processes.
Try to reproduce the problem as exactly as possible.
Exit Allplan as soon as possible, reducing the data in the log file to a minimum.
Then click ‘Next’ to generate the support request with the log file.
You can find more information about Hotinfo at
- To analyze the Windows system environment, we would ask you to send us the logs created by Windows Event Viewer of your computer.
To start Windows Event Viewer, right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’ and type in ‘eventvwr.msc’.
You can also type in ‘Event Viewer’ in the search box of Windows. This displays the link file to the Windows event logs.
Using Event Viewer, create *.evtx files for the application log and the system log in the ‘Windows Logs’ area and for the ‘Administrative Events’ log in the ‘Custom Views’ area.
Please send us the files.
How can I change the cache path for Allplan Share?
You do this at your own risk.
We strongly recommend that you clarify all issues in advance.
Always copy a file before you change it.
Before you change registry entries, back up the registry key that you want to modify. To do this, export the key by selecting File - Export in the Registry Editor.
Allplan Share temporarily saves the project data in the path of the local file storage, which you defined when you installed Allplan.
You can see the path of the local file storage folder in the Services application.
If this folder is centrally on a server for all Allplan workstations:
To avoid replication conflicts that might occur when several users work on the same project data, you must change the path settings for each user so that this folder is locally on the user’s computer running Allplan.
Before you start, close Allplan, making sure that you do not lose any data.
- Go to a local drive (C or D) of the computer running Allplan and create the new "Local data” folder with the "Allplan” subfolder (for example, C:\Local data\Allplan).
- Start the Windows Registry Editor as the administrator (start - run - regedit).
- Go to the left column of Registry Editor and open the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nemetschek\Allplan\2018.0\InstallRoot. If Allplan 2019 or a newer Allplan version is installed, “2019.0“ or the newer version replaces “2018.0” in the path.
- Go to the right column of Registry Editor and double-click theLocalDataDrivekey. Specify the drive that you selected for local file storage (for example, C:). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change.
- Then, go to the right column of Registry Editor again and double-click theLocalDataPathkey. Specify the path that you defined for local file storage (for example,\Local Data\Allplan). Then click OK to confirm the change. This applies the change. The result should look like this:
- Close the Registry Editor. Allplan now uses the new path for the cache of Allplan Share.
- Start Allplan and select the Allplan Share project to load the necessary project data into the new cache.
What can I do if Allplan no longer starts after I have upgraded and the following messages appear?
After this, Quality Reporter displays an error report.
Exit Allplan on all workstations and do the following:
Open the Services application and make a note of the path to the 'central file storage folder', which is displayed in the Services application window.
In addition, check whether the workgroup manager line is followed by 'Yes' or 'No'.
Open the central file storage folder in Windows Explorer.
If the workgroup manager line is followed by
'Yes', open the NET subfolder.
'No', open the PRJ subfolder.
Find the 'project.dat' or 'project.Dat.xm' file in the NET or PRJ folder and rename it 'project-old.dat'.
After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> OK -> Restore project management file -> OK
The program creates a new, correct project management file and you can start Allplan again.
If you come across error messages while doing this, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Describe exactly what you did before the error or crash occurred.
- The error message itself (as a screenshot).
- The log file (trace).
- A Hotinfo support request with question 01.
How can I install additional Allplan workstations on an existing network (with or without Workgroup Manager)?
Before you install the additional workstations, find out the path to the central file storage folder on a computer where Allplan has already been installed. Open the Services application on this computer. The Services application window shows the path to the central file storage folder.
Enter this path when Setup prompts you to specify the central file storage folder.
Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
- Make sure the version you are installing is the same as the one installed on the other workstations.
- In addition, make sure all workstations are running either with Workgroup Manager or without Workgroup Manager. To find out whether Workgroup Manager is installed or not, open the Services application and check the menus: if you can see the Workgroup Manager menu, Workgroup Manager is installed.
- Installing additional workstations does not affect the data (projects, ...) in the central file storage folder.
- If you add new users to a new Allplan workstation, do not forget to add them to the Workgroup Manager, too.
- Version 2014 and earlier: if one of the computers also serves as the Allplan server, you cannot use the approach described above to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
In this case, you will see the path to a local folder instead of the central file storage folder.
Use a different computer to find out the path to the central file storage folder.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
Can I "automate" the installation of Allplan?
You can install Allplan 2017 in silent mode. This installation mode is fully automatic; you do not need to enter anything. Silent installation is particularly useful if you want to install Allplan 2017 with the same settings on a large number of workstations on a network.
Requirements for installing in silent mode:
Pay attention to the different licensing types!
Licensing for stand-alone workstations:
Make sure you have not yet activated a license on the computer where you want to record silent installation. Use the Viewer option for recording.
After having installed all computers in silent mode, you must use the Product Key to activate the license locally on each computer.
To activate the license after installation:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
- Click License activationon the left.
- Enter your Product Key.
- Click Activate license.
Using a license server:
- The clients take the licenses from a license server.
- The license server is installed.
- The license of the license server is activated.
For more information on the license server, go to https://connect.allplan.com/en/faqid/20150618084450.html
Use the Use active licenseoption for recording.
Setup writes the license settings to the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.ini file.You must distribute this file to all computers.
Some more tips:
- Before you start installing, unzip the Allplan installation package (for example, using the 7_Zip program). Make sure this package is in a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install.
- Start the command prompt for running the setup program always as a local administrator. To do this, open the shortcut menu and select "Run as administrator". Make sure you always start the command prompt from the correct folder.
- Setup will automatically install any Microsoft components required by Allplan such as Microsoft .NET-Framework or Microsoft Report Viewer without prompting you to confirm.
Preparing to install in silent mode
To record and run silent installation, you need the installation files of Allplan 2017.
Installing in silent mode involves three steps:
Creating the log file for installing in silent mode
Start by installing Allplan 2017 with the /r option on a typical workstation. During installation, Setup automatically writes all entries to a log file named setup.iss. You can then use this file to install the program on the other workstations.
Installing in silent mode
Next, install Allplan 2017 with the /s option on all other workstations. Installation is based on the setup.iss log file you created in the first step.
Checking the installation
Finally, you should check the setup.log file, which was created automatically during setup, to see whether everything was installed correctly.
Note: When installing in silent mode, Setup usually uses the same setup.iss file to install the program on all workstations. However, you can edit some settings of the setup.iss file if you want to adjust paths. You can find more information in the help; see Adjusting the setup.iss filehttp://help.allplan.com/Allplan/2017-0/1031/Allplan/index.htm#331.htm
To install Allplan in silent mode, do the following:
Install .NET 4.6
Silent setup requires you to install .NET 4.6 in advance. The reason for this is that you have to reboot the computer after installation of .NET 4.6. This reboot would interrupt silent installation.
After you have downloaded the installation files, you must unzip these files before you can use them to install in silent mode.
- Unzip the zip file downloaded. This results in an .exe file (for example, Allplan 2017-0-5-cad.exe).
- Then unzip this .exe file using an appropriate program (for example, 7_Zip) and save the resulting file to any folder. You can now use the command prompt to start Setup.exe for recording.
1. Sample installation:
Start by creating a record file. To do this, run setup with the settings you need. You only need to do this once.
Use the command prompt to start this installation with the "/r" option (for record):
To run the setup program, open the command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
Setup starts and runs as usual.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use vieweroption.
When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select the Use active licenseoption.
Setup logs the entire installation process, writing everything to the setup.iss file.
If you want, you can change the name and folder of this file:
setup.exe /r /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss
setup.exe /r /f1c:\Setup.iss
This saves the file directly to C:\.
There must not be any blanks between "f1" and the folder!
Copy the setup.iss file to a folder that can be accessed by all clients you want to install. It is a good idea to copy this file to the folder with the Allplan installation files.
Copy the %AppData%\Nemetschek\Lic3.inifile to the %AppData%\Nemetschek folder of every client.
If you install Allplan on a client for the first time, you must create the Nemetschek folder in %AppData% first (for example, C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Nemetschek).
2. Silent installation:
Make sure you can access the setup.iss file.
Make sure the Lic3.ini file is in the %AppData%\Nemetschek\ folder.
Setup logs the entire installation process again, writing everything to the setup.log file. You can find this file in the same folder as the setup.iss file. With the /f2 option, you can specify a different folder and file name for the setup.log file.
To start installing Allplan in silent mode on a client, open command prompt as a local administrator and type the following:
setup.exe /s /f1<folder>:\Setup.iss /f2<folder>:\Setup.log
setup.exe /s /f1c:\Setup.iss /f2c:\Setup.log
This saves the file directly to C:\.
Check the setup.log file to see whether everything has been installed correctly. The [ResponseResult] section should return the 'ResultCode=0' value.
If you have several licenses or license servers, select the required license for each client using the Services application - Utilities - License settings.
Refer to the online help for detailed information on installing in silent mode.
To open the help system, press the F1 key during setup. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Installing" and then "Installing in silent mode".
You can also find information in the help for the license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License settings
To open the help system, press the F1 key. Go to the "Contents" tab, select "Licensing Allplan using a license server" and then "Installing in silent mode".
Please note that we cannot provide support for this installation method.