- Why can't I create elements?
- Why can't I move a drawing?
- Why are elements not created correctly?
- Why does the program crash when I import a DXF file from the land registry office?
- Why is the outline of a circumscribed area not detected correctly?
- Why can't I calculate shadows?
- Why are elements not displayed correctly in animation?
- Why are parts of dimension text missing?
- Why do the contents of the screen suddenly rotate?
- Why can't I get a preview when I move or copy elements?
- Why are areas not calculated correctly?
Finding the reason for these problems:
Check whether an offset is set in the project settings (File -> New Project, Open Project-> select the project and open the shortcut menu -> Properties; Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options ->Advanced Draft -> Settings). If there are offset coordinates, clear the check box.
Select Tools -> Measure(->)Coordinates.
Click in the middle of the drawing in plan view.
If there are very large values (for example, x/y/z greater than 5000 m), you have found the reason for these problems.
The system has problems calculating and displaying data with very large coordinates. The more data you have with very large coordinates, the greater this effect.
- Click Tools -> Options... -> Desktop environment -> Generaland select Optimize working with large coordinates(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options -> Global Options -> Miscellaneous tab -> Optimize working with large coordinates). After this you must restart Allplan. Otherwise, this setting has no effect.
This is a user setting you must define separately for each user.
- Usually, the best solution is to move the data towards the Allplan origin. Use the "Move" tool. When Allplan prompts you to specify the target point ("To point"), select Global point in the dialog line. You can find detailed information in the help for Allplan. Look for the Global pointtopic.
If the data are still not displayed correctly, do the following:
Exit Allplan -> Services application-> Service -> Hotline Tools-> cleanup -> start Allplan.
How can I permanently change the path settings presented for selection in specific tools (save, import)?
When you save, import and export elements or files, Allplan automatically proposes a specific folder where the data is saved or taken from.
You can specify which Allplan file type is saved in which folder. These folders are automatically presented in the "Save" dialog box of the relevant file type. However, you can change them at any time.
To set this proposed folder on an individual basis, do the following:
Select the Tools menu ->Options... -> Desktop environment(Allplan 2009 and earlier: Tools -> Options... -> Global Options-> "Settings"tab).
You can click thePAah setting sbutton to the right of Folders for savingto define defaults. You can choose Project, Private, Custom or Last for the path setting:
- Project: the file type is saved in the current project (not available for NDW and NPL files).
- Private: the file type is saved in the user's private project.
- Custom: you can specify any folder for the file type. To select the folder, click the path displayed in the Folder column and enter a new path or click ... in the Browse column and select the path in a dialog box.
- Last: the file type is saved in the path you selected last.
Does Allplan create backup files (*.bak)?
How can I use these files?
Allplan creates backup files when you do the following:
- Copy, Move Elements between Documents …
Allplan creates a backup file of the destination drawing file or layout.
- Deleting drawing files and layoutsin the "Open on a project-specific basis" dialog box
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file or layout.
- Importing data to drawing files
If you have selected "Create backup copies of drawing files", Allplan creates a backup file of the drawing file.
Note on points 2 and 3:
To select the "Create backup copies of drawing files" option, click
Tools -> Options -> Desktop environment -> Save/load area (until V2009 Global Options -> Miscellaneous -> Autosave, Backup)->Create backup copies of drawing files.
If need be, you can restore the original drawing file or layout.
Make a note of the drawing file number or layout number and determine the corresponding project folder as follows:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> wopro
Open this folder in Windows Explorer.
Rename the corresponding drawing file "tb000001.ndw" "tb000001.ndw.old" or the corresponding layout "pb000001.000" "pb000001.000.old.", for example.
Delete the bak extension from the corresponding bak file.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to drawing file 4711.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file tb004711.ndw or rename it tb004711.ndw.old.
3rd step: find file tb004711.ndw.bak and rename it tb004711.ndw.
You have inadvertently copied the wrong elements to layout 815.
1st step: exit the project in Allplan.
2nd step: delete file pb000815.000 or rename it pb000815.000.old.
3rd step: find file pb000815.000.bak and rename it pb000815.000.
These backup files can considerably increase the volume of data to be backed up. So it is a good idea to delete the .bak files you no longer require before you start backing up data. To delete the .bak files, you can select the Services application and click Utilities -> Delete temporary files.
You can also find this information in the help for Allplan. Please refer to the topic "Using bak files".
How can Allplan be operated under a QHD / UHD / 4K resolution?
Starting with Allplan 2018, a query will appear in the Allplan Start under a QHD / UHD / 4K resolution (from 2560 x 1600), in which you can decide whether the operating system scaling should also be used in Allplan. This choice can be changed at any time in the Allplan Options-> Desktop Enviroment- > Display-> Scaling of the user interface.
If this option is switched on, Allplan uses the scaling level, which is set globally in the display settings of the operating system. Side effects of this scaling can be slight blurring in the symbols, drawing elements, and dropped graphics in Allplan.
Please note that this functionality is only available from Windows 8.1 and higher.
This document provides further information on installing Allplan 2017.
Backing up and archiving data:
We strongly recommend that you back up and archive all your data before you upgrade to Allplan 2017.
How to install:
You can find detailed instructions on how to install Allplan 2017 in the following places:
- After you have downloaded Allplan 2017, you can find the install.chm file in the Helpfiles\English folder.
- You can find the install.chm file on the Allplan 2017 DVD in the following folder: <DVD>:\programs\x64\Allplan\Helpfiles\English.
Please read these instructions before you install Allplan 2017.
- System requirements for Allplan 2017
- How to handle licenses when upgrading to Allplan 2017
Allplan 2016 introduced a new protection system. Licensing is now based on CodeMeter by Wibu Systems AG. You can no longer use Softlock, NemSLock server or hardlock with Allplan 2016 and Allplan 2017.
Some notes on installing Allplan 2017
If you want to switch from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017, you can choose between three installation options. We recommend using the second option: first-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
1. First-time installation
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). Setup does transfer neither data nor settings to the new installation.
If you want to transfer data later, you have the following options:
You can uninstall Allplan 2017 and then upgrade from Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
You can integrate the data manually (requires administrative knowledge).
2. First-time installation and copy data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to a new folder without affecting any other Allplan installation (2016 or earlier). You can configure the program to automatically copy the office standard (\std), projects (\prj) and user data (\usr) from Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to the new installations folder.
This duplicates the data: you can use all projects, defaults and resources both in Allplan 2016 and in Allplan 2014/2015/2016. This way, you can test the new version without losing your 'old' Allplan version.
Bear in mind, though, that you should not mix data from different versions, as merging data later involves considerable time and effort.
2a. Continue with first-time installation and copy data from version
This option is available when you have already installed <Product_Version> and copied the data to a different computer that accesses the same data server. As a result, the data have already been transferred.
3. Upgrade and transfer data from Allplan 2014/2015/2016
This option installs Allplan 2017 to an existing folder, converting Allplan 2014/2015/2016 to Allplan 2017 and transferring all important settings. Afterwards, you can no longer work with Allplan 2014/2015/2016.
This does nor affect earlier Allplan versions (Allplan 2013 or earlier).
Installing on a network:
- If you work in a network environment (one common central file storage folder), you must upgrade all workstations to Allplan 2017. Therefore, make sure you can upgrade all workstations (deadline for Serviceplus agreement: July 1, 2016) beforeyou start installing.
- During the upgrade, Allplan 2014/2015/2016 must not be running on any workstation.
- When installing with Workgroup Manager, make sure all workstations are checked in before you start upgrading.
- Data from earlier Allplan versions must be converted. Allplan 2017 automatically converts the data of a project you open. Click here for instructions on how to convert all projects in a single step:
IBD 2017 is expected to be released with the Allplan 2017-0-1 Hotfix at the end of July 2016.
Quality reporter notified us of a crash. In analyzing the data, we found that you can improve the stability of your Allplan installation by installing the current graphics card driver.
You can find the current driver on the homepage of the graphics card manufacturer.
http://www.amd.com/de Support & Driver -> Download driver
http://www.nvidia.de Download driver
Use the driver on the homepage of the manufacturer. Do not use the driver provided by Windows Update.
Notes for notebook users:
It is essential that you install the graphics card drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer! You can find the current drivers on the homepage of the manufacturer.
- If the program still crashes after you have installed the latest graphics card driver, change the graphics mode from OpenGL to GDI+ in Allplan.
Allplan 2012-1 and later:
Start Allplan and select Tools -> Options.
Select Desktop environment -> Display > Hardware acceleration - graphics area: switch off the "Use OpenGL for all viewports" option. Restart Allplan.
From Allplan 2011-1 to Allplan 2012-0-2:
Start the Services application.
Service -> Hotline Tools -> draw -> OK
On = OpenGL mode
Off = GDI+ mode
- You can find information on graphics cards at
After I have installed Allplan, the program no longer accepts the parallel dongle connected to the computer. Allplan starts as a viewer.
What can I do?
The dongle query changed with Allplan 2013. The dongles causing these problems are usually parallel dongles that are connected to a port (LPT3) that was added later.
Determine the I/O range of the LPT port:
Open the Control Panel and then the Device Manager.
- Select "Ports -> ECP Printer Port" for a direct parallel port.
- Select "Multifunction adapter" and the corresponding port for a parallel adapter (e.g., SUNIX).
Properties -> Resources
Note down the first value in the first line below resource settings.
|I/O range||0378 – 037F|
|I/O range||0778 – 077F|
In this example, the value is 0378.
Open Allplan's license settings:
Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Settings
License check tab -> Specify searching order ... (or environment variable...)
Enter theI/O value followed by a "p"in the "HL_SEARCH=..." box. For example,
Click "OK" and then "Apply".