During installation of license server the message appears 'installation failed'. What could be the reason for it?
Check the following points:
- The license server must be installed in a 64 bit windows system. License server is not working on 32 bit system.
- Make sure the license server setup is saved local on the machine and is not executed over network
- Stop the real time check of your virus scanner or stop the virus scanner complete during installation. Optionally stop the firewall as well - attention in most cases you have to reboot the server in order to take over the settings.
- Run the *.exe file over context menu -> run as administrator.
- If the license server installation still fails. The reason could be NET framework. License server uses NET framework 4.6 and in newer version 4.7. If there are components missing the setup will automatically try to install them. This happens in the background. It will be connected to webpage of Microsoft http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=397708 and the missing files will be downloaded and installed. If a proxy server is blocking this page the download cannot happen and the license server installation fails. In these cases you will have to configure the proxy server settings to allow the Microsoft URL. Microsoft URL has to be trustworthy. Start installation of license server again.
Addition for license server 2017 on older sever like 2008 R2 server:
If the license server installation still fails and the setup stays at 50%, then the reason is usually .NET framework.
Try to install the .NET version in advance from Microsoft Download.
Installation of. NET framework 4.6 requires at least Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP 1.
For information, also see the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=49982
If the installation of the new version keeps failing, try to install a slightly older license server.
It will works the same way with ALLPLAN 2017 but still is operating with .NET 4.5.2.
Use the following link:
ftp://nemhotline: ha37jvg8f @ftp.nemetschek.de/download/Allgemein/Archiv/WiBu/Lizenzserver
Download the License server until 2017-0.
After successfully installation of license server you will have to connect via internet again in order to activate the license. If using proxy allow the access of the following URLs as well.
Why is Allplan running so slow?
Check the following points:
1. Current version
Make sure you work with the current Allplan version.
- Do the following or ask your system administrator to do this:
Open Allplan and click the ‘?’ icon in the upper right-hand corner. Click ‘Update Allplan’.
Select 'Find now'. If Allplan finds updates or hotfixes, download the installation packages.
- Deactivate the virus scanner while your are installing updates or hotfixes. This might require administrator privileges. Contact your system administrator if you have problems.
- Right-click the Allplan icon on the desktop. A shortcut menu opens.
Select ‘Run as administrator’ and click ‘Yes’ to confirm the following message.
As a result, Windows security settings do not block the installation.
2. System requirements:
Check the hardware and software required for your Allplan computer.
2.a)Download and run the system test.
Check the notes.
2.b)Check the Allplan system requirements:
2.c)You can find information about graphics cards at
2.d)You can find server operating systems you can use for the central file storage of Allplan at
3. Hotline tools:
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Hotline Tools’. To save your settings, select the following tools.
- savestd: Saves user defaults.
- savereg: Saves CAD registry settings.
Start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- cleanup: Initializes the display.
- cleanstd: Resets CAD defaults.
- cleanreg: Resets CAD registry settings.
Check whether this has solved the problems.
If this is not so, restore the settings you just saved. To do this, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select the following ‘Hotline Tools’:
- reststd: Restores saved user defaults.
- restreg: Restores CAD registry settings.
4. Color scheme selected in Allplan:
Start Allplan, open the ‘View’ menu, point to ‘Toolbars’ and select ‘Customize User Interface’. Open the ‘Customize’ tab and set ‘Color scheme and icon design’ to ‘Windows’.
5. Check the availability of all projects that are not online (if you use Workgroup Manager):
Start Allplan, open the ‘File’ menu and select ‘New Project, Open Project’. Deactivate ‘Check availability of all offline projects’.
6. Virus scanner
Check whether an anti-virus program is running in the background of the computer or server.
If so, reduce protection to "programs only".
Scanning "all files" can take a long time, considerably slowing down your computer when you switch between projects or exit the program.
You can exclude the Allplan installation folders from real-time scanning.When you start the Services application, you can see a list of the folders to be excluded.
You can find more information at
Changes in the settings of the virus scanner only come into effect when you re-start the computer.
7. Aero desktop effects
Deactivate the Aero desktop effects of Windows.
To do this, open the Control Panel, select ‘Ease of Access’ and go to the ‘Make things on the screen easier to see’ area.
Select the ‘Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible)’ option.
8. Name resolution on the network
If Allplan takes several minutes to start, name resolution on the network may not work.
To check this, do the following:
Right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’, type in ‘cmd’, click OK, type in ‘Nslookup’ and press ENTER.
Go to the line following the > character, type in the name of the Allplan data server and press ENTER.
The reply starts with the name and address of the server providing name resolution.
You can find the name and address of the Allplan data server in the second group.
If problems occur, contact your network administrator and ask him or her to configure name resolution correctly.
9. Speed of Allplan projects
Check whether some Allplan projects are slower than other Allplan projects.
Start with the empty project and check whether it is slow too.
After this, select any other Allplan project.
If it is only the current project that is slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
10. Network: checking out Allplan using Workgroup Manager
If you use Allplan with Workgroup Manager, you can check whether the problems are caused by the network. To do this, check out the workstation with the project in question and use the project on the local Allplan workstation.
You can find detailed information on checking out an Allplan workstation using Workgroup Manager in the
Services application. Open the ‘Help’ and select ‘Workgroup Manager’.
After you have checked out the workstation, Allplan no longer accesses the central file storage of the server.
If this has solved the problems, they are caused by the network. In this case, the network must be checked in detail.
Contact your network administrator and ask him or her to do this.
If the project is still slow, the problem may be caused by the data of the current project.
In this case, the data of this project must be analyzed in detail.
Contact technical support.
11. Log files and system information files
If all the points above do not solve the problems, technical support requires more system information about the computer running Allplan.
- So, we would be grateful if you could send us a support request (Allplan Hotinfo with Allplan logging).
To create a support request, start the Services application, open the ‘Service’ menu and select ‘Create support request (Hotinfo)’.
Several dialog boxes open. Select ‘Technical Support Allplan’ and ‘Enquiry with Allplan logging’. Enter all the data required. Finally, click ‘Finish’.
Another dialog box opens, prompting you to start Allplan. Click the ‘Start Allplan’ button.
Allplan starts, logging all processes.
Try to reproduce the problem as exactly as possible.
Exit Allplan as soon as possible, reducing the data in the log file to a minimum.
Then click ‘Next’ to generate the support request with the log file.
You can find more information about Hotinfo at
- To analyze the Windows system environment, we would ask you to send us the logs created by Windows Event Viewer of your computer.
To start Windows Event Viewer, right-click the Windows Start Button, select ‘Run’ and type in ‘eventvwr.msc’.
You can also type in ‘Event Viewer’ in the search box of Windows. This displays the link file to the Windows event logs.
Using Event Viewer, create *.evtx files for the application log and the system log in the ‘Windows Logs’ area and for the ‘Administrative Events’ log in the ‘Custom Views’ area.
Please send us the files.
I can neither check in nor check out the computer.
When I try to check in the computer, the following error message appears: “The registry entries are not correct!” How can I correct this error?
There is a hidden file on the server. This file causes the problem, which is probably related to user rights or user account control.
You have to change the settings directly on the server, that is so say, you have to use the folder options to show all hidden folders and files.
1. Open the central file storage folder on the server. There is a subordinate folder called
NET. This folder contains the computer_name.out file. Here, computer_name is the name of the computer that is checked out.
Delete this file.
2. Open the shared folder (for example, C:\Nemdata\Allplan) on the computer that is checked out.
Allplan 2015 and earlier: Delete the Net.ChkOutfolder.
Allplan 2016 and later: Delete the NETfolder.
Now the computer is checked in again. Consequently, you can move projects to this computer
or check it out once more.
If the computer or the projects are still red, you have to fix the projects.
To fix the projects:
Services application -> Workgroup Manager -> Administer projects and computers
Do the following:
Ctrl + right-click computer-> can be checked in
Ctrl + right-click project-> can be unlocked
Repeat this step to unlock every project on the computer.
When you have finished, close the dialog box and open it again to update it.
Now everything should be correct.
You may ask yourself on which occasions or user actions Allplan synchronizes drawing files and plans with the Bimplus Cloud in an Allplan Share project.
The following cases apply to drawing files:
Drawing files in a share project are uploaded to the Bimplus cloud for synchronization if all three of the following conditions apply:
- A change has occurred on the drawing files
- The drawing files have been changed to gray or deselected
- Open on a project-specific basis is closed
If other users have the drawing file which meets all the criteria in case one, grayed out (i.e. it is passively in the background), then after the first user has carried out all three steps, they will automatically receive a message informing them that there have been changes to the drawing file. They can then either display or reject these changes.
If the other users do not see this message, they should make sure that they are using the latest version of their Allplan installation and that the check mark is set in the options for Options -> Desktop Environment -> Save/Load -> For changes in reference drawing files show message. If the check mark is not set, simply set it and restart Allplan.
In Allplan, click on Allplan A in the top left-hand corner and select Save all -> all drawing files that have changes are synchronized.
In this case too, as in case 1, a message is sent to all users who have the drawing file, to which all the criteria from case 1 apply, in grey (i.e. passively in the background).
Even if you simply open the function New project, Open Project, all drawing files that have been modified are synchronized
When you call up the Layout Editor, all drawing files that have been changed are also synchronized
The following applies to plans:
If drawing file contents in the plan change, then the plan is NOT uploaded - no need . Plans are only uploaded if either something changes in the plan layout (move or delete a plan element in the plan, etc.) or, for example, the scale or drawing type of a plan element is changed. The upload then takes place automatically when you change the plan or leave the plan layout.
In Allplan version 2018, these notes also apply accordingly; only case 2 for drawing files does not work in this version.
How can I borrow a license for a client temporarily from the license server?
Hotfix 2016-1-4 enables you to temporarily borrow (import) licenses from the license server.
If you want to use this function, note the following points:
Borrowing licensesrequires the following steps. Make sure you do not change the order of these steps. Otherwise, you cannot borrow licenses.
- Install Allplan 2016-1-4on the client.
- Go to the server and update the software for the license server to 2016-1-4(Build-ID 1.614.x.x ).
- Go to the license server and update the licenses.
You can find a detailed description of each step in the following section.
1. Install Allplan 2016-1-4
Make sure all clients are equipped with Allplan 2016-1-4 or later.
If this is not so, install a full update or a hotfix. You can do this manually or use auto-update.
You can find more information in Allplan Connect:
To install manually
Download the current hotfix(es) manually. To do this, log in to Allplan Connect https://connect.allplan.com/de/support/downloads.htmlad go to Support - Downloads - Latest Hotfixes.
You can also download the hotfixes from our FTP server.
To access our FTP server, you require a current Windows operating system. Do the following:
Enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
You can find the hotfixes in this folder: /download/Allplan/2016/Hotfix/
2. Update the license server 2016-1-4(Build-ID 1.614.x.x )
Not only Allplan but also the license server requires the new version. Check the version of the license server. You can find detailed information on the version (Build-ID) at bottom left in the License Settingsprogram.
Make sure the version of the license server you use is at least 1.614.x.x. If you cannot see the Build-ID, you work with an older license server.
If this is so, update the license server. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect or from our FTP server:
Start the new License Server Setupon the server or computer you use as the license server. Right-click the *.exe file and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
- Click Install.
- Click Exit.
If you have not worked with the license server before or if you have not switched to Allplan 2016 until now, you can find detailed information in Allplan Connect:
3. Update the licenses
You must update your license before you can use this new function for borrowing licenses.
To update a license on the license server
- Start the License Settingsprogram on the server.
- Click License activationon the left. Then click the license you want to update so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- As you can see, the 'Update license' function is now available.
- Click Update license.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must update each license separately.
To borrow a license, do the following:
You cannot borrow licenses on the license server. You can do this only at the clients.
You can only borrow and return a license if the client is connected with the license server.
Computers that are not on the company network must use a VPN connection to access the server.
At the client:
- Open the 'License settings' dialog box: Services application -> Utilities -> License settings.
- Click License selectionon the left. Then click the license you want to borrow so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- If this license is a license of the license server, the Todaybutton in the 'Borrow license for:' area is no longer grayed out.
- This button always shows the preset period of time. The default setting is Today.This button is divided into two parts. If you want to change the period of time, click the arrownext to Today. You can now choose from various options.
Note: When you select 'Today', the license will be available again for all Allplan users on the server tomorrow.
When you select a number of days, borrowing will always be valid for 24 hours. For example, you borrow a license for 1 day and borrowing starts at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, the license will not be available on the server until 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Click Today(selected period of time) to borrow the license immediately.
You can immediately see the borrowed license in the license selection below your computer name. Click the blue information button to get details about this license. For example, you can see when the borrowed license will automatically be returned to the server.
- If you want to return the license to the server before the time period expires, click the license again so that it is highlighted in blue. The Return licensebutton is now available. Click Return licenseto immediately return the selected license to the server.
When I create a hidden line image of an isometric view (Viewmenu -> View-> Front Left, Southwest Isometric Viewor any other isometric view), Allplan does not use the original dimensions so that the resulting lengths are distorted.
How can I make sure that Allplan creates the hidden line image based on the actual dimensions?
In accordance with DIN, an isometric view is calculated as follows:
Allplan chooses the projection plane and the axes so that all the axes are shortened equally = axonometric projection of an isometric view.
This is the case when all the angles are the same: 120 degrees. The result is an equilateral triangle. Each side is shortened by two-thirds or 0.8165. However, the edges parallel to the axes are usually not shortened.
Angle of the coordinate axes:
x axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
y axis: 30 degrees to the horizontal
x : y : z = 1 : 1 : 1 (using a factor of 0.8165)
When calculating an isometric view, Allplan shortens all directions by the same value (x:y:z = 1:1:1), using a factor of 0.8165.
All you need to do is resize the result in the destination drawing file by the corresponding factor (1.22475) in the x and y directions. After this, all the edges are displayed at their actual size and can be dimensioned.
How can I output a test plot with different data types used in Allplan?
Allplan comes with drawing files containing test data that can be used for this purpose.
If necessary, create a new project and copy the drawing files with the test data to this new project.
Open ProjectPilot: Allplan -> File -> ProjectPilot - Admin.
Set the external path to the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder.
Click 'External path' with the right mouse button and, on the shortcut menu, choose 'Select external path'.
Select the '..\New\Testplot' folder, which is a subfolder of the local Allplan program folder: c:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan\New\Testplot, for example.
The following layouts and drawing files are available:
- Layout 1 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Layout 2 - Test Plot Muster & Schaffur / Patterns & Hatching
- Layout 3 - Test Plot Allplan Testbild / Allplan Test Layout
- Drawing file 25 - Füllflächen + Stifte / Fills + Pens
- Drawing file 26 - Muster / Patterns (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 27 - Schraffuren / Hatching (Version 2006 and later)
- Drawing file 100 - Allplan Test Drawing File (Version 2008 and later)
Copy these layouts and drawing files to the new project.
Select the relevant drawing files with the right mouse button and choose 'Copy to ...' on the shortcut menu.
Select the new project.
If necessary, create a layout, place the drawing files in this layout, specify an output device and and print the layout.
Make the following settings to ensure that the data is output correctly:
- Select "white" for the background color.
- Turn off "Color stands for pen" in "Show/Hide".
- Turn off "Surface elements in background of each document" on the "Selection" tab of "Plot Layouts".
- Use Windows drivers for printing.
- For HP plotters, select the "Avoid out of memory condition" or "Output as a bitmap" option in the plotter properties.
- For optimum color output with sRGB values, apply the settings described in the FAQ entitled Color adjustment - Windows drivers and Nemetschek vector drivers.
Colors in printouts can vary depending on several factors such as
- Output device used
- Paper used
- Ink used
- Driver type used (Windows or Nemetschek drivers)
In particular, colors can differ regarding
- Color display
Colors in printouts can even vary if you use the same output device but different Windows drivers.
On-screen display can be influenced by various factors such as different settings for contrast and color temperature.
As the possible settings are so widespread, you can see that it is essential to print out test data in advance.