How to update the license server and the licenses?
Allplan 2016: Before you do anything, make sure Allplan 2016-1-4 or later is running on all clients.
Allplan 2017 and higher: Check the version of the license server as described below and update the licenses.
1. Updating the license server
Check the version of your installed license server on the server. Starting with the license server version 2016-1-4, the detailed version status (Build-ID) is displayed directly in the lower left corner of the License Settings program.
The latest version 1.11xx.xxx.xxx should be displayed here. If an older Build ID is displayed, then you still have an older license server in use. In any case, please update your license server. Download the software for the license server from Allplan Connect - license server version 2021 or from the following link.
The package is in the folder
Start the new License Server Setup on the server or computer you use as the license server. Right-click the *.exe file and select 'Run as administrator' on the shortcut menu.
- Click Install.
- Click Exit.
If you have not yet installed the license server or if you have not switched to Allplan 2016 or higer until now, you can find detailed step-by-step instructions at
2. Updating the licenses
Update the licenses at the license server as follows:
- Start the License Settingsprogram on the server.
- Click License activationon the left. Then click the license you want to update so that this license is highlighted in blue.
- As you can see, the 'Update license' function is now available.
- Click Update license.
- If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must update each license separately.
Note: When updating the license it can be that you will receive a higher version of the license as the version of Allplan you are using. The license is downward comatible and can be used until Allplan 2016.
Allplan from version 2011
Parts of Allplan 2011 have been reprogrammed and are completely new. Allplan uses a graphics library, which has been developed especially for CAD programs and visualization tasks. Depending on the data type and application, the display speed of Allplan is much higher than that of earlier versions, and refresh operations are considerably shorter. What's more, you can create hidden line images in real time.
This new technology is not a one-to-one implementation of the software-based solution in the previous version. Instead, a hardware-based approach is used. When it comes to data processing, the graphics card takes on much of the work. The different behavior of these two technologies that may occur in some parts is inherent. Therefore, the resulting display and refresh operations may differ slightly from what you are used to.
General graphics card requirements for Allplan
To fully exploit hardware acceleration capabilities, you require an Open GL 2.0 and DirectX10 (chip-based) compatible graphics card with 512 MB or more memory. Although Windows XP does not support DirectX10, Allplan only requires the chip-based support of the graphics card to manage the graphics library. OpenGL 2.0 is used in 2D and in visualization windows. These changes employ the latest technology in graphic display, so selecting a capable graphics card, and using the proper drivers is essential.
For more information on graphics card specifications, go to:
Professional graphics cards versus Consumer-Level cards
Graphic card manufacturers typically have different product lines targeted for "gamers" and "professional users". While the hardware setup is very similar in case of both cards, there are key differences in their firmware and driver. "Consumer-Level cards" (such as Nvidia GeForce and AMD/ATI Radeon) are optimized for 3D games and technologically designed for DirectX10, as speed is more important than image quality.
Typically a 3D model in a game contains a low number of polygons with textures applied to them, while in CAD applications polygon count is high, and the image quality of wireframe models or shaded models is more important than navigation speed. Also, professional cards' memory usage is optimized for using multiple application windows, while in gaming this is not relevant.
Another key difference between the two product lines is the way they are delivered and supported. Professional cards (such as Nvidia Quadro and AMD/ATI FireGL/PRO) are built according to the video chip manufacturer's references, so you can always be sure that the driver delivered by the video chip manufacturer (such as Nvidia or AMD/ATI) fits your card.
The manufacturers of Consumer-Level cards (such as ASUS, Sapphire, Gigabyte, PNY and so on) may diverge from the chip manufacturer's references, so their drivers may not be compatible with the chip manufacturer's reference driver. Also, the product life cycle and driver release cycles are much shorter in case of gaming cards, usually 6 months up to 1 year at most and a 1-year warranty period maximum.
Example: comparison of graphics cards
Professional graphics cards / workstation
Professional graphics cards versus Consumer-Level cards
Professional graphics cards differ considerably from "Consumer-Level cards" for private users with regard to specific market segments with special requirements:
- Extensive application tests and certifications with CAD providers
- Optimized and advanced support for API as well as further developments
- Longer product life cycles and availability
- Direct product support
- Longer warranty period
Nemetschek Allplan GmbH cooperates with Nvidia und AMD to test graphics card drivers for the Nvidia FX Quadro/ Quadro and AMD/ATI FireGL/ Fire Pro series. These product lines are tested, certified and recommended for Allplan by Nemetschek Allplan Systems GmbH.
For more information on certified graphics cards, go to:
There are four different categories and areas:
|Graphics card||Application||Quality tests||Status|
|Gaming graphics cards||3D Games||Tested / not tested||Not recommended|
|Professional graphics cards||3D basis||Certified and recommended||End of life|
|Professional graphics cards||3D performance||Certified and recommended||End of life|
|Professional graphics cards||3D high performance||Certified and recommended||End of life|
Recommended graphics cards for laptops (Windows)
For reasons detailed above, we cannot recommend any specific card and driver combination for laptops. However, there are professional graphics cards available for high-end laptops such as NVidia FX Quadro & Quadro NVidia "M" or AMD/ATI FireGL & FirePro "Mobility".
These graphics cards are just as good as their desktop counterparts.
Laptops with Consumer-Level cards have been tested only briefly and cannot be recommended. We have had bad experience with on-board Intel graphics cards.
Graphics cards drivers for Apple Macintosh
Since Macs come with a default graphics card (on-board or gaming), and the drivers are bundled with system updates, we cannot recommend a specific card.
Graphics cards for MacOsX 10.6 (Leopard) or later and Boot Camp support Open GL 2.0 and DirectX10. Currently, there is only one series that is equipped with a professional graphics card: Mac Pro with NVidia FX4800 for Mac.
Notes for Allplan and Macintosh:
- There is no provision for a direct installation under Macintosh.
- Access to Windows must be straight from the Boot Camp installation.
- For performance reasons, Parallels Desktop cannot be used in conjunction with Nemetschek Allplan.
We kindly ask you to understand that Nemetschek Allplan cannot provide support for Boot Camp installations.
Installing graphics cards drivers (Windows)
Graphics cards only work properly if they have a hardware provider supplied driver (not system built-in driver) installed correctly. It may happen that remnants of a previous installation interfere with the current driver installation. If you experience display issues with the drivers listed below, please "clean-install" the driver again. "Clean-install" means removing all previous driver files before installing a new driver. Unfortunately, a simple uninstall may not efficiently remove all components of a driver. There are tools that can do it, like ATI's cat uninstaller or third-party tools like driver cleaner or driver cleaner pro 1.5.
Graphics card drivers for laptops (Windows)
In most cases, graphic card drivers for laptops are supplied by the laptop manufacturer, and graphic card provider supplied drivers will not install on laptops. This makes it practically impossible for us to test laptop graphics cards. If you are experiencing display issues with your laptop, and your supplier does not offer you a driver update, you might try - at your own risk - to tweak a desktop driver to work on your laptop. Note that this is obviously not encouraged by your laptop supplier.
How can I fix Allplan program data?
You can fix Allplan program data by renaming the program folders and installing an update.
Due to the new names, Allplan cannot find the resources during the update. Consequently, it creates new resources.
To fix Allplan program data, do the following:
You need the latest installation package for your version.
You can download this package from Allplan Connect (www.connect.allplan.com) or from our FTP server.
Accessing the FTP server:
Enter the following address in Windows Explorer (do not use Internet Explorer!):
You can find the installation packages in the following path:
Copy the zip file to the local computer and unzip the file.
- Open the Services application of the Allplan version you want to fix.
- Select Service -> Windows Explorer -> CAD program folder.
- Rename the "PRG" folder "PRG_OLD". If Windows Explorer tells you that a file is still in use, restart the computer and try again.
- Start the *.exe file of the installation package you just unzipped.
- Select "Update installation".
- When Setup prompts you for the license, select "Current license file" or "Use active license".
- Select "Minimum" for the Setup type.
Allplan gets new program resources during installation.
As soon as the installation is complete, you can test how Allplan behaves.
If you are not sure, give these instructions to your system administrator.
Keep in mind that you install the version of the installation package you downloaded. This means that you may have to reinstall any subsequent hotfixes.
After I updated Windows (8 to 8.1; 8.1 to 10), Allplan only starts as a viewer. What can I do?
Windows update corrupts Nemetschek Softlock License Manager.
To fix Allplan, do the following:
You need the latest installation package for your version.
You can download this package from our webdrive
You can find the installation packages in the following path:
Copy the zip file to the local computer and unzip the file.
Start the installation and run an update use our temporary license file.
You can download the temporary license from Allplan Connect:
After the installation, you can open License Manager again (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Next, install the temporary license (*_psd.nslock): "Install - Install license"
Note: the status of the temporary license is set to "Expired".
Next, create a new registration request.
To generate a registration request, do the following:
Open License Manager (Services application -> Utilities -> License -> License Manager). Select the license entry for your seat and click "Request license".
Follow the instructions displayed on screen. Complete the form. Do not forget to enter your email address.
Check that the Client ID and CD Key are correct.
Send the registration request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do if Allplan starts as a viewer only and I have to install a new hardlock driver?
Install the latest hardlock driver.
How to install:
Use the following link to download the driver:
The driver for Windows 7 and 8.1 is in the following folder.
If you are using Windows 10 then use the driver under the folder:
Extract and save the 'haspdinst.exe' file to any folder, for example, c:\drivers. Then open the command prompt:
Right-click Start (Windows button) -> Command Prompt (Admin)
Switch to the folder where you saved the file. To do this, type in "cd c:\drivers".
To remove the old drivers, enter the following command:
Next, install the new driver:
If you use a parallel hardlock, read the following instructions:
How can I install a license for the following programs?
- Allplan BCM Building Costs (formerly Allright)
- Allplan BCM Construction Cost
- Allplan BCM Quantities
- BOS (BuildingOfficeSystem)
1) You want to install the program for the first time or upgrade it. -> Option 1)
2) You have already installed or upgraded the program; now all that remains is to install a current license. --> Option 2)
If we sent you a ZIP file or you downloaded one from the Serviceplus portal, save this file to your computer.
Extract the data in a folder of your choice.
The license contains the following files:
- Npsrequ.dat (optional)
- Install the program.
- Setup prompts you to specify the license. Specify the folder where you saved the license data mentioned above.
- Continue to install the program. After the installation, you can start the program without having to install another license.
To install the latest license, you do not need to install the program from scratch. Just install the license data.
Do the following:
- CloseallAllplan BCM applications that are running on your computer and on any other computer on the network.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Open the folder with the data in Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the Setup.exefile.
- The license will be installed automatically.
- If you purchased the Tenderer module, you must install the license on each computer. Otherwise, it is enough if you install the license on any computer just once.
If you have problems, send us the exact wording of the error message and the license data (all the files of the ZIP file).
You can send the data by email to email@example.com.
You have installed Allplan on several local workstations. Now you want to change the installation so that you can access a common network drive.
Before you switch to a network installation, it is essential that you back up all the data of all the workstations.
We strongly recommend that you take advantage of the expertise of Nemetschek’s technical support staff. We are happy to help you!
The following description shows how to change several workstations where Allplan is installed locally and the project data is also stored locally on each computer to workstations with a common network drive without Workgroup Manager.
1st - getting ready
Choose one of the workstations where you will install all the projects and the office standard (hereinafter referred to as the main workstation).
First, move all the projects to the main workstation.
1.a: copying resources into projects
To make sure that the projects in your office have a uniform appearance, change the path settings for the projects' resources to 'Project'.
Make the following setting for each project:
Allplan -> File menu -> ProjectPilot - Admin -> select the individual projects one after the other -> right mouse button -> Properties -> Settings tab
Set the path settings for 'Pen and line definitions', 'Fonts', 'Patterns, hatching styles, area styles', 'Bar and mesh cross-section catalogs', 'Layer structures, line styles, drawing types' and 'Attributes proposed' from 'Office' to 'Project', if necessary.
The corresponding elements are copied from the office standard directly to the project. This ensures that the project settings stay the same even when you copy the project to the new server with the new office standard.
1.b: same folder name as project name
Open the 'General' tab and select the 'Same folder name as project name' setting if you want to proceed as described in 2b.
1.c: pen color ("Color stands for pen")
The pen color for the "Color stands for pen" setting is a user-specific setting that is not saved in the project but in the user folder (...\Usr).
2.a: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (recommended method):
Back up the individual projects. To do this, open the Services application and select Data Backup -> Create -> Entire folders -> Projects.
You can back up several projects in a single operation.
Before you start, specify the backup folder on the network or on the local hard disk: Services application -> Configuration -> Backup path ->Browse for Folder.
The next step is to import the saved projects to the main workstation.To do this, open theServices application -> Data Backup -> Import -> Projects Before you import the individual projects, you can create new Allplan projects at the main computer. As an alternative, you can also create a new project during the import.
2.b: backing up projects of the individual workstations and importing them to the main workstation (special approach):
This approach should only be used with good reason for exceptional cases as it requires in-depth knowledge of Windows.
With this method, Windows Explorer is used to import the projects to the main workstation.
If some project names exist twice, you need to rename these projects before you back them up.
You can then rename the existing 'project.dat' file in the Prj folder of the main workstation.
Next, select the Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
The system creates a new project administration file (project.dat), which should list all projects with names.
Now the main workstation contains the latest version of all the projects of the office.
3rd - merging project defaults
Open ProjectPilot at the individual workstations and copy the elements you want to transfer (symbols, smart symbols, lists, schedules, and so on) to the external path. Of course, you can set the external path to a common network folder that can be accessed by all workstations.
Next, open ProjectPilot at the main workstation and copy the contents of the external path to the office standard.
4th - data backup
- Back up the projects, office standard and user settings at the main workstation:
You can also copy the ..\prj (projects), ..\std (office standard) and ..\usr (user folder) paths to a backup folder (Nemsic, for example) on the hard disk.
- In addition, you need to back up the ..\usr\local folder at every stand-alone computer.
- Export the user interface setting of each user to a file: Allplan -> Tools - > Customize .... -> Export...
5th - uninstalling
Remove Allplan from all workstations.
6th - reinstalling
Before you install the same version again, create and share a folder (Nemdata, for example) on the future data server. Create a subfolder - Allplan - in this folder.
The next step is to reinstall the same version on all the workstations.
Specify the following installation paths:
local (C:\Programs\Nemetschek\Allplan, for example)
Central file storage folder:
Browse -> Network...
Find the sharedNemdata folder and select the Allplan folder.
After this, start installing.
7th - testing the start and restoring the backup
After the installation (check whether Allplan starts), copy the ..\prj and ..\std folders you backed up from the main workstation to the new ...\Nemdata\Allplan server folder.
Next, use Windows Explorer to copy the contents of the former user folder (…\usr\local) of the stand-alone workstation to the new user folder of the computer you just installed.
8th - updating the project administration file
Go to the project.datfile in the ...\Nemdata\Allplan\Prjfolder and rename itproject.alt.After this, do the following:
Services application -> Service -> Hotline Tools -> reorg -> Restore project management file.
9th - summary
Now all the workstations access a common network drive with the same project pool and office standard.
With this type of installation, only one user can access a project at any one time. If several users are to work on a project at the same time, you need to install Workgroup Manager.
How can I give individual users the right to see and select specific seats on the license server? And how can I deny users this right?
Sometimes, it may be necessary that a specific user does not see the seat with, for example, the terrain option so that this user cannot use this seat inadvertently.
Using WebAdmin, you can give users rights for specific seats on the license server.
Please note the following points:
1. Before you start, check that at least CodeMeter Version 6.50 is installed on the license server.
Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen. Enter Codemeter and press ENTER. Select Help -> About to see which version of CodeMeter is installed. If the version displayed is older than version 6.50, you must install the latest version of CodeMeter Control Center. Go to the following website
and download the CodeMeter User Runtime for Windowsprogram.
2. Open WebAdmin. Start CodeMeter Control Centeron the server again.
To do this, use the Windows start menu and select CodeMeter -> CodeMeter Control Center. As an alternative, open Search by clicking the Search button on the Start screen, enter Codemeter and press ENTER. A dialog box opens. Click WebAdminat bottom right.
Enter Localhost:22350in the address bar of your browser.
3. Go to "Configuration -> Server -> License Access Permissions".
Select Mode: Advanced.
4. Go to "Advanced Mode Configuration -> Specific access rules -> Add Firm Code"and select "6000100 - Allplan GmbH". Click Add. "Specific access rules"now inlcude "6000100 - Allplan GmbH".
5. Click "Add Product Code"to select the seat for which you want to define access rights. However, this is only possible if the "Distinction based on Product Item Text" check box is selected.
The "Note" section below in this FAQ lists the abbreviations given at the end of each seat. These abbreviations represent the license contents.
Select the required seat and click "Add" again. Repeat these steps to assign more seats.
6. After having defined the product code, you can now assign an access rule.
By default, all users are allowedto access this seat.
Select the product code you just defined and click "Add new access rule".
Click "User" and enter the required user.
When you click in the field next to "User", you can see all available users with their domain names.
Select the user or enter the user manually. For example, enter DOMAINNAME\SSample and select the right you want to assign to this user by clicking "Allow" or "Deny".
If the default setting is "Allow", you can thus deny users access to the license. If the default setting is "Deny", you can thus allow users to access the license again.
You can add more rules. When you have configured all rules, click "Apply" to apply the changes.
7. You need to restart CodeMeter Service so that the changes take effect.
To do this, select CodeMeter Control Center -> Process -> Stop CodeMeterServiceand then click Restart CodeMeter Service.Before you restart the service, make sure all users have closed Allplan.
Client access can be defined by one of the following parameters: computer name, IPv4 subnet, user name or group name.
Enter the required parameter in the corresponding field. If you use an active directory, the program auto-completes entries in the "User" and "Group" fields.
Here comes a practical example:
Think about which setting is most useful to you. For example, you have two seats: seat 01 with 7 architecture licenses and seat 02 with 1 architecture license and 1 terrain license. Only two specific users should be able to use seat 02. If you want to deny all other users access to seat 02, you need to add seat 02 to specific access rules and define a rule for this seat 02. First, set the default setting to "Deny". Then, add these two users and select or "Allow" for these users. As a result, all other users can only see seat 01 and these two users can see seats 01 and 02.
However, if you want that these two users can only see seat 02, you need to add both seats to specific access rules and define a second rule for seat 01. Add these two users to this second role and select Deny for these two users. The default setting, which applies to all the other users, is still Allow. As a result, all other users can see seat 01 and these two users can only see seat 02.
The following abbreviations are used:
K Key Plan
M Bridge Modeler
L Cadastral plans for conduits
S Language option
A Architecture option
E Engineering option
Here are some examples:
"Allplan Architecture 2017”
Architecture + Terrain
"Allplan Architecture 2017 T"
Architecture + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 M"
Architecture + Terrain + Bridge Modeler
"Allplan Architecture 2017 TM"
What license issues do I need to consider when upgrading from Allplan 2018/2019/2020 to Allplan 2021?
Installation options during Setups
First-time installation with copying data (default): this option copies and converts the data of the previous version to the new version. You can choose to transfer projects, too. This option does not change the previous version.
Upgrade: this option also transfers the data to the new version. However, you can no longer use the previous version after upgrading.
First-time installation: this option installs Allplan 2021 parallel to the version you are running. However, your data will neither be transferred nor converted. You can find more information in the help. Just press F1 during Setup.
Depending on the licensing system you use, you need to consider different points.
1. Upgrade Allplan 2021 – stand-alone workstation
The license for Allplan 2020 updates automatically. Start Setup and follow the instructions displayed. When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
Note: The licenses only update automatically when you upgrade. To install Allplan 2020 on a new computer, please read on connect.allplan.com/license within the menu item Information on Installation and Licensing the instructions Transferring license to a new computer.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to: connect.allplan.com/license
2. Upgrading Allplan 2021 with a license server
Start by updating your license(s) at the license server. After this, upgrade the clients. To do this, start the License Settings program on the server. Click License Activation on the left, and then click the license you want to update. Click Update License.
After updating your license(s) you can upgrade Allplan at the clients. Start Allplan Setup and follow the instructions displayed. The license server license will be detected automatically on the network. When you are prompted to choose the license configuration, select Use active license. Follow the installation instructions.
NOTE: Check the version of your installed license server on the server. Starting with the license server version 2016-1-4, the detailed version status (Build-ID) is displayed directly in the lower left corner of the License Settings program.
The latest version 1.1196.xxx.xxx should be displayed here. If an older Build ID is displayed, then you still have an older license server in use. In any case, please update your license server. Download the software for the license server from the Allplan Connect service portal. Detailed instructions can be found at connect.allplan.com/license under the menu item Information on installation and Licensing' and the instructions 'Updating license server and licenses'.
Note: You can update the licenses only at a license server you have already installed. If you want to switch to Allplan 2021 and move the license server to a new server, please read on
connect.allplan.com/license within the menu item Information on Installation and Licensing the
instructions Moving license server to a new server.
You can find your Product Key in Allplan Connect as usual. Go to: connect.allplan.com/license
Downloading licenses from Allplan Connect
You can also obtain your activation codes for Allplan 2021 IBD in the Allplan Connect service portal.
To do this, click Profile > License Management.
You can only use this function as an administrator.
License for Allplan Allfa 2019
You will get your license by mail from firstname.lastname@example.org. So that we can create the license for you, please send us your IP address or the Host ID of the Allfa database server (Oracle).
How to install and run NemSLock Server?
Before installing, check whether the package you received includes the following items:
- Temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd.nslsrv
- Temporary licenses for clients, e.g. 1234567a_001_psd_client.nslock
How to install NemSLock Server
- Start the Setup program for NemSLock Server. You can find the latest Setup program on our FTP server:
- Select one of the temporary license files for NemSLock Server. These licenses are valid for 30 days. However, each license includes only one seat of each configuration purchased. The full number of seats purchased will be available to you as soon as you have installed the registered licenses (see below). If you purchased a configuration for one seat only, you will, of course, receive only one temporary license.
- When you opt for the “Custom” setup type, you can choose between the following program features:
You can use this program to administer NemSLock Server. You can also install the console on more workstations so that you can administer the server from a number of different locations. However, you can only connect one console to the server at any one time.
The actual license server.
This tool analyzes the log files of NemSLock Server.
By default, Setup installs all these features.
If you have several temporary licenses for NemSLock Server, use the server console to install the remaining licenses after the installation. The procedure is described in the section "How to install licenses".
How to register licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console by clicking the corresponding icon on the desktop or by selecting Start -> All Programs -> NemSLock 2006 Server -> NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Select the seat you want to register. If your license includes configurations for several seats, you must send a separate registration request for each seat. You will then receive a registered license file for each seat. You must install each file.
- Click the "Registration request (register.txt)" button.
- Click "Edit".
- You must fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Make sure you enter your email address correctly, because the registered license file will be sent to this address (and not to the address of the person who sent the registration request!). Click OK to confirm.
- Click "Create registration request". Windows Explorer opens and shows the register.txt file. If this window is closed, you can find this file in the program folder of NemSLock Server. If you installed the program to the path proposed, the path is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nemetschek\NemSLock Server 2006\Programs\License
- Now you can use all the options provided by Windows Explorer to copy the registration file to a computer with Internet access on the network. Alternatively, you can also use an USB stick. You can then email this file to us.
- Send the email with the registration request to email@example.com
How to install licenses
- Open NemSLock 2006 Server Console.
- Click "Stop server" on the left.
- Click "Modules" on the left.
- Click "Browse" to navigate to the registered license file.
- Click "Install license file".
- After this, you can start the server again by clicking "Start server".
How to set up users (optional)
- predefined user ALLis created automatically. If there is no other user, each user is given the privileges of the user ALL. By default, this user can use all licenses but cannot check out any licenses. By double-clicking the user, you can change the user's privileges.
- predefined user ALLallows all users to use licenses. In order to do this, the users must be able to access the server. You do not need to create individual user profiles until you want to assign specific rights to individual users or limit access to selected users. predefined user ALL. If you want to work only with individual users, you should deactivate the predefined user ALL by revoking the user's right to use licenses.
- predefined user ALL has administrator privileges unless another user is created and appointed as the administrator. As soon as you have appointed an administrator, ALL no longer has administrator privileges.
- You can enter users in the “Users.mcf” file. predefined user ALL has administrator privileges again. In addition, each user can once again administer the license server using the console.
- The administrator user is not a special user. If there are several administrator users, only one administrator user can start the console for this license server at any one time.
- If you are setting up users without giving administrator privileges to anyone, the program will ask you whether you want to appoint yourself as the administrator.
You can also specify a domain (user authentication for Windows server). However, this is not mandatory. If you do not specify a domain, the program uses the Windows user name for each user.
The program writes the user accounts and the associated access rights as ASCII text to the users.mcf file.
You can find this file in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation. You cannot rename, delete or move this file. If the program can no longer connect to this file, you must exit NemSLock Server, restart it and enter all users again from scratch. predefined user ALLis retained.
Experienced administrators can use the PowerShell script NemGenUsers.ps1. This file is in the \Programs folder of the NemSLock Server installation or you can find it as an FAQ in Allplan Connect:
How to install and configure clients
- Use one of the nslock license files you received to install the clients. Do not use the trial license or the license server license. It is irrelevant which of the client licenses you use, as the actual license will come from the license server later.
- You do not need to register the clients.
- When switching from Hardlock to NemSLock (server), you need to update the client using a nslock license file.
After having installed the client, you need to switch to the license server:
- Start -> (All) Programs -> Nemetschek -> Nemetschek SoftLock 2006 -> License Manager
- If the license server window is not visible, select "Configure NemSLock Server" at the bottom. Lock this window. All you need to do is click the drawing pin icon.
- Enter the computer name or IP address of the license server in the empty box. Then click the "Update” icon to the right.
- Now the user can select one of the seats provided.
- After having successfully connected to the license server, clear the check boxes for the trial licenses in the area at the top.
- Click "Close" to complete the configuration. Now you can start Allplan.
- If a user selects several configurations for a seat and starts Allplan, the license server will provide the required licenses; in other words, starting Allplan once might require two licenses. Consequently, fewer licenses are available to other users.
- 2014-1 and later: If the latest version of License Manager is installed (file version 1. 0. 26. 153 or later, see License Manager- Options- System), you can also select several licenses. If one of the selected licenses is currently being used by someone else, the program will automatically select the next available license.
- Clients communicate with the server by TCP/IP via port 10977. So you need to configure the firewall accordingly.
- The license server and the licenses are downward compatible; they can be used in conjunction with older Allplan versions.