[Question] Xrefs - any choice after hotfix 2021-1-1? [Solved]

Hello,
after latest hotfix for Allplan 2021(2021-1-1) using xrefs is no longer possible. Is any new tool or any other possibility to replace xrefs and using advantages of them?

best regards,
Krzysztof

Show solution Hide solution

If I got you correctly, you would like to create views and sections from an XRef. In this case, pay attention to the parameter Placing mode: use ADVANCED and not NORMAL. This property can be defined during creation or afterwards in the Property palette.

Freedom means the opportunity to be what we never thought we would be

Attachments (1)

Type: image/png
Downloaded 36 times
Size: 229,08 KiB

from releasenotes:
https://www.allplan.com/system/releasenotes/allplan-2021-1-1

XRefs
In Allplan 2021, XRefs no longer support views and sections. Therefore, neither views nor sections are visible in XRefs. When you open data from earlier versions in Allplan 2021, such drawing files will be lost. Allplan 2021 no longer supports this technology. Therefore, Allplan explodes architectural elements, 3D models, and reinforcement in views and sections into 2D lines and displays them as 2D lines.

Allplan Webentwicklung

Private messages must be private. No support request via Private message.

Hello,
maybe I didn't precise my question. Xrefs withou sections and views are much less useful. I can't find application of them if I can't do any section (I think about prepare some general drawing especially of warehouses or factory buildings). So is any other option to show xrefs in section or view?

best regards,
Krzysztof

If I got you correctly, you would like to create views and sections from an XRef. In this case, pay attention to the parameter Placing mode: use ADVANCED and not NORMAL. This property can be defined during creation or afterwards in the Property palette.

Freedom means the opportunity to be what we never thought we would be

Attachments (1)

Type: image/png
Downloaded 36 times
Size: 229,08 KiB

Thank you Massimo.
It works correctly with use advanced set.

best regards,
Krzysztof

https://campus.allplan.com/ uses cookies  -  More information

Accept